Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Notification Bar constantly disappears, severe lag at times

Spotify Notification Bar constantly disappears, severe lag at times

Using Spotify Premium on Android 7.0 on a Galaxy S7 device.

Just gonna add to the pile of posts of people with the exact same problem since a recent update of the app

I reinstalled Spotify TWICE and downloaded my 10gig library TWICE to try and mitigate the problem, no dice. Spotify has all the permissions it needs.

Spotify player bar in the pull down menu constantly disappears, severe lag between playbacks of songs and very often the app refuses to use any online features (streaming still works) even though it's not offline and has network and just tells me to go online to use the search function for example.

Please fix these issues in the next update and a workaround would be nice until then, if such a thing exists.

5 Replies

Hey @HMSBelfast.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community 🙂

Since this is an issue that we are aware of and which our tech folks are currently looking into, we recommend you head on over here and:

• add a +Vote to show that you are experiencing it
  • leave the requested info in the thread

Cheers,

P

Thanks for the link to the issue, I'm having exactly the same issue so I've added my information

+1

many issues.

Is there a safe way to downgrade to a stable version of the app?

Hey @vho-6rdoa4_bs,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Since our tech team is working on this, we'd recommend making sure to enable automatic updates on your devices so you won't miss a fix as soon as it's out 🙂

We'd also suggest keeping an eye on that report so that you won't miss any updates on it either.

Hope this helps!

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

The last update seems to have fixed this for me as Spotify is now consistently opening in the notification  bar, the mini playback bar works, the music stops when I remove headphones, it doesn't randomly pause and the search doesn't constantly say I'm offline.

Very welcome fixes as I was close to trying another service as those bugs made the app pretty much unusable for me.

Suggested posts