Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Playlists not Loading on Android

Solved!

Spotify Playlists not Loading on Android

This morning I've found that the Spotify App on my Android Phone will not load any playlists, Not my personal ones, nor recommended and found in Search. The Menus work fine and I can still play music through Search, but no Access to Playlists, they're just stuck in a never-ending loading screen when I tap on one. I've already tried everything I know to solve the issue. Closed and restarted the App, Logged out and Logged back in, Restarted my Phone, Uninstalled the app, Cleared the Cache and all Data, Then Reinstalled the app. Nothing has worked to fix the issue. I know it's only happening on my phone too, because I've tried the WebPlayer and Desktop App, and both work just fine. I could really use some assistance with finding a solution, because nothing I've done has worked and I'm out of ideas on what to do.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello. I had the same problem everyone has. Podcasts, liked items, searchs worked fine, but playlists didn't. They kept loading indefinitely. Last app update aparently fixed this problem. I'm posting this comment so you know there is a solution, until Spotify touch something and break the app again.

View solution in original post

43 Replies

I believe it is bigger than just that. 95% of my Spotify made for me playlists disappeared. Over an hour with tech support, then got disconnected. When I search for one that I had such as Top Hits of 1977, there is no Spotify list.

Search not even showing Spotify playlists..PNG

Sorry, but that has nothing to do with the issue at hand, My Playlists aren't disappearing, they're still there and I see them all just fine, they're just stuck in a never-ending state of loading when I tap on them. What you're describing seems to be a different issue entirely.

I'm having this same issue. I noticed it yesterday around 5pm when I opened Spotify on my phone while going for a walk. All of my playlists were there, but as soon as I clicked on one of them they were just stuck in an infinite state of loading. And it's STILL like that when I just checked it again now. I've tried everything to get it to work (restarting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing the cache) and it just won't load.

Same here, I thought it was just me cos my phone is a bit on the older side but I am not alone it seems. 

Hello everyone

Guys, two days ago all my playlists stopped opening except for the "favorite tracks" playlist. What could be the problem?
The phone is old, xaomi android 5.

Premium account.
Country Turkey.
The application was updated on September 17.
Application version: 8.9.76.538

Until this point, everything was updated perfectly and the application worked perfectly. Now, when you click on any playlist, it endlessly loads without result. All other functions work.

2024-09-23 07-34-57.PNG

exact same thing happening with my android tablet.  app loads but whenever try to go into a playlist or even just open tracklist from an album, get the endless rotating green circle.

same thing happening to me on my android tablet.  there is another thread with other users experiencing this as well.

Oh, so there's a chance it will be fixed. Can you share a link to a thread where others are discussing this?
And what version of Android do you have, is it old like mine?

Yep, also happening to me

Same here. Older android. Seems to have started with the update from a few days ago. Hopefully they fix it and don't leave us behind. 

They load to my PC, and I can even direct to my mobile device from the PC, but only a handful of tracks from any playlist. The mobile device has 10GB of free space, so I don't think that's the issue. I have uninstalled and re-installed Spotify, but it does not help. On the mobile device, the playlists don't load at all.

Same problem here, with a older version of Android too. Spotify Lite works fine btw.

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Just to confirm, is this happening over Wi-fi or mobile data? If it's Wi-fi, have you tried connecting to a different network to see if the issue persists?

For the mobile data, something you can try is changing the APN Protocol to see if that would do the trick:

1. Search for Access Point Names in your phone's settings (the option is usually found in Network & Internet > Mobile network, but its location may vary depending on your manufacturer).
  2. Select your current access point and set the APN Protocol to IPv4/IPv6.

It's also worth switching to another access point, if available, or resetting the APNs to the default from the three dots menu. You can also reset your mobile network settings by following the steps in this article.

If the issue persists, please share the following:

• your device's make, model and OS version
  • the version of Spotify you're running
  • a short screen recording which captures the described behavior in action

Keep us posted on this. Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This Issue is Happening over both Wi-Fi and Mobile Data. I currently don't have an alternate network to connect to, and my APN Protocol is already set to IPv4/IPv6. There are no other Access Points Available, and Resetting does nothing.
Phone Type: Android LG Fortune
Phone Model: LG-M153
OS Version: 6.0.1
Spotify Version: 8.9.76.538
I am Unable to Provide a Screen Recording as my Device doesn't give me the option to.

Same exact problem as Eeveegirl16 on my older Android phone. ( Huawei VNS L31, android 6.0). Does this mean I have to replace my perfectly fine phone if I want to keep listening to spotify on the go? Maybe it is time to replace spotify.

Also happening to me for 2-3 days. I think last worked Monday morning 23/09 but not working Monday evening. Hangs when I open any playlist, although the last song I played still works in current song window. Happens on wi-fi and off-line with downloaded playlists. 

Samsung A3 SM-A300FU

Android 6.0.1

Spotify version 8.976.538

Same for me since Sunday 22nd.
Tesco HUDL 2
Android 5.1
Spotify Ver 8.9.76.538

Plan

Premium

Canada

Samsung galaxy s5

Operating System

android 6.0.1

My Question or Issue

i can't select anything from library to welcome. i see all playlist, touch one and nothing but a spinning cercle

no reply, no help 1 days later.... 😢

Suggested posts