Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Premium Poor Sound Quality Bluetooth Streaming

Solved!

Spotify Premium Poor Sound Quality Bluetooth Streaming

Hi,

I use a Nexus 4 using Android 4.22 and like to stream my music in the car via a Pioneer AVIC-F90BT Stereo. The sound quality is appalling - For the first half a second the sound is perfect, then the sound goes much quieter, the bass goes up far too high and sounds like it's being played in a tunnel!

I can stream other music with no sound problems e.g. di.fm, podcasts, and normal music from my phone but as soon as I try Spotify, it's shocking!

I've even tried streaming at the highest quality, but it doesn't make any difference.

As soon as Google Music Access All Areas comes here to the UK, I'm going to be forced to move over unless I can fix this!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

jwylot That's fixed it, never knew that setting was there! Months and months this has been bugging me! Thanks very much 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Spotify doesn't support Bluetooth streaming, and doesn't on any mobile platform, sorry!

Also, you mean Android 4.2.2 (4.22 means something different, and doesn't exist).

After searching extensively on the web, I cannot find anythign to tell me you cannot use Spotify for Bluetooth Streaming

Have you tried turning off the spotify equaliser - it can cause the symptoms you're hearing.

Marked as solution

jwylot That's fixed it, never knew that setting was there! Months and months this has been bugging me! Thanks very much 🙂

It worked - thanks. This was driving me insane. Thought it was a phone issue rather than a Spotify issue.

Suggested posts