Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Won't Autoplay in my Car

Spotify Won't Autoplay in my Car

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android 9

One UI 1.1

My Question or Issue

I'm finding that after a few minutes of pausing a song, the notification for Spotify disappears and causes my phone to no longer auto play the next time I get in my car. This used to work in the past about a year ago, but it doesn't seem to work now. I have turned off Battery Optimization in the settings of my phone as well as re-installed the app, but to no avail.

4 Replies

OH I forgot to mention that the phone connects to my car through Bluetooth, on a 2014 Honda Civic

Same here, spotify stopped autoplay music in my car after android 10 update (mi a2)
Now i need manually start spotify on my phone before it start playing in car

Did you ever find a solution ?

Hey @reginamarie30,

Welcome to the community. Sorry for the delay as we just came across this thread. Let us take a look at it.

We have good news, the autoplay feature was added to the app in late 2021 and it should be available with the last update. Make sure your app is updated. You can check this info here.

If you are still having the issue after updating the app, make sure that the options of Autoplay are both activated. If so, turn them off and on again as seen below.

Hope this helps. If anything comes up, the Community it's always here to help. 

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts