Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify app becomes very unresponsive when there's no internet

Spotify app becomes very unresponsive when there's no internet

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Okay, so I've had a lot of instances where I'm out in nature or in mountain areas where there's not many cell towers anywhere for miles and I know this because I've used an app that shows me a map of where all the cell towers are at. Usually, I'll be in an area that's so far away or blocked by mountains from any cell towers that I get no internet, and when I get no reception, the Spotify app starts to become very unresponsive. It is so bad that I cannot use the app at all. I can't use the search feature, I can't go through my playlists or select a new song, I can't turn off the currently playing song, I can't do anything on the app, it just starts acting very unresponsive. Even when I have Spotify on offline mode so I can play the songs I downloaded through the Spotify app, it still acts very unresponsive when there's no internet. I've tried restarting my phone hoping that would fix the issue, but the problem always kept coming back and it was very annoying. I'm wondering if other people have encountered the same issue that I've had. I've had to resort to using local files on my phone on a microSD card and use an offline music player app because I've had this issue so many times with Spotify when there's no internet. I'm wondering if this issue ever got fixed or if there's even a way to fix it, but I think I've heard other people have encountered the same issue.

4 Replies

Hey @fledpiles54,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Since you mentioned that you use a SD card, could you try removing it from the device > performing a clean reinstall of the app > re-inserting the SD card to see if that does the trick? It's also worth changing the storage location in the app's settings.

Hope this helps. Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

That never did anything. I think it's an issue with the Spotify app itself. I'd go out somewhere where there's not a lot of cell towers anywhere and I got no internet and Spotify just acts very unresponsive. I think I seen a post here somewhere reporting the same issue and a lot of other people reported having the same issue. I think it's an issue with the Spotify app itself. It's kind of a shame that this issue never got fixed.

Hi @fledpiles54,

Thanks for the reply. To narrow down possible root causes, could you please log in using a different account on the same device? You can use the account of someone you know or just make one yourself.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No, it's an issue with the app itself. I've already tried reinstalling the app, tried emptying the app cache and data in my phone settings. But that doesn't solve the issue. I've already read reports/reviews from other people and they all say the same thing. It's an issue with the app itself. If you try to use Spotify in a place where there's an intermittent connection or little to no connection, it just keeps trying to look for a connection before it ultimately gives up and meanwhile the app is still unusable. Can't even look at my playlists or play any songs, can't even really use the app at all just because there's no internet. Just sucks man. I think I'll just resort to using local files/downloaded music instead.

Suggested posts