Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Please put the Library Back!

Please put the Library Back!

Hi!

I've been a Spotify premium member for about ten years now, and while each update seems to take away a bit of functionality, this last update takes the cake. I'm no longer able to listen to all my Liked songs by one artist at once. I can either listen to albums individually, or I can shuffle play the artists entire output, but I'm, essentially, no longer able to choose what I listen to. I want to be able to listen to all of an artist's songs that I've Liked. Maybe I love all their studio albums but hate their live ones, and want to shuffle play all studio albums. This update takes away that functionality and robs me of one of the main reasons Spotify 's been getting $10 from me every month. Updates are meant to improve functionality and user experience, not detract from it. Please put it back! Thank you

3 Replies

Hey there @25965256

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

You should still be able to listen to your liked songs from a specific artist. You just need to head to your Liked songs, enter the artist's name in the search bar and tap on the first song. You just need to make sure that the Shuffle feature is disabled. 

Captura.PNG

Captura 2.PNG

Or, you can head to the artist's page and you'll find there all songs you've liked from them. 

Captura 3.PNG

If this is not how the app looks like for you, could you send us a screenshot so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni, I will reply to you since I have had the same problem as OP. I hope you will reply to me with a solution.

Prevous functionality has been removed with this update. I used to be able to navigate to liked songs from the Artist Page. The songs would be categorized under the artist in my library and not under "Liked Songs" in which songs are added explicitly with the Heart button. The screen showed all of the songs I saved from the artist organized by album. From there, I could shuffle the saved songs.

However, that fuctionality has been removed (on Spotify for Android for clarification) and replaced with showing me the "Releases" I have saved. If I navigate to saved releases from the artist page, I shows a list of the albums or singles I have saved, but no longer shows the songs in a list organized by album. I can no longer shuffle all the songs I have saved, instead I am forced to go into an album and shuffle only that album from the album page.

Why does it seem as though moving forward, the only thing app updates do, is remove functionality? I want to make it clear that as a paying customer it seems I am giving your company money to REMOVE features that have existed on media players on all platforms for decades. Please do not tell me to save all of the artist's songs from the albums to the playlist "Liked Songs" and search for the artist in that playlist, that is not a replacement for shuffling saved releases from an artist. Also do not tell me to make a playlist, add the artists releases to it, and shuffle that. I hope I am clear in saying that BASIC FUNCTIONALITY like saving an artist's albums to my library and simply navigating to that artist and shuffling the music I have saved is something I shouldn't have to request.

Please refer to my screenshots and do not hesitate to let me know if I can clarify my meaning to help you understand the point I am trying to get across

Screenshot_20231111-105739_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20231111-105744_Spotify.jpg

I'm having the same issue!  I 100% agree with all you said.  I use to be able to go the the artist, click on liked songs and hit shuffle play to hear only the album I choose.  The play button is now missing. You can only shuffle play all the artists albums from their main page.  I hate live albums and I don't want to listen to an artist's Chrismas albums year round either.

Screenshot_20240112_195653_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts