Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify crashing after start

Spotify crashing after start

Hello,

every time I want to start Spotify on Android 4.4.2. it crashes. I can't access anything, because I don't come so far.

Uninstalling and Reinstalling Spotify didn't work.

I am using a Galaxy S4 mini.

3 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

• Did you follow the steps in the guide made by @Daniel when reinstalling Spotify on your Android device?
  • Do you have a new SD-card, or have you used it on another device before? (if you're using an SD-card..)

To reinstall Spotify on Android, please follow all the steps correctly as given in this topic.

Hello,

thanks for your message. Problem is not solved yet, although I tried to reinstall it with shown on the post from @daniel.

The error says, spotify was stopped. Then I get two options, one is ignoring and the other one is sending a report.

I even tried some changes in my phone like deactivating the energy saving mod etc. Nothing worked until now.

Maybe I should mention the Kaspersky Internet Security installed on my phone. It didn't interfere in older versions, maybe the most recent version is making problems with it.

And it's important to know that Spotify worked correctly for some months. I can't tell after which update I got the errors, but it must be a more recent one.

Thanks for your support!

can you try disabling Internet security?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts