Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify keeps on signing out of my account...HELP!!!

Solved!

Spotify keeps on signing out of my account...HELP!!!

Hello,

I am using Spotify for Android. Spotify keeps signing me out whenever I open the app, and it's NOT because I cleared the app's data.

It's because whenever I close the app, it signs me out. I don't know why this happened, but I didn't even hit "Log off"!

Maybe you should fix this issue.

If not, I'd like a new feature where there is a "Remember my login" checkbox when you login or sign up for your Spotify account on mobile.

Thank you,

Hannah Smith

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

I moved your message to the correct help board in case others have the same issue.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

I moved your message to the correct help board in case others have the same issue.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Billy-JSpotify Star

I've been having the same issue for the last week. And every time Spotify logs me out, all of my downlads get lost.  I've rebooted, reinstalled, and cleared offline devices numerous times with no effect.

The only thing that has worked has been to move the App from the SD card to Internal Storage. Of course, I don't have enough Internal space to download my whole catalog and don't have reliable enough data service to stream most of the time.

So I'm currently paying for an app that's effectively useless.

Hey @theart and @user-removed.

Thanks for reaching out 🙂 

In this case, let's try these steps: 

• Move the app to the internal storage of your device
  • If that doesn't work, go to Settings (three dots/cog wheel) > Storage (under Other) and select SD card as the storage location for your offline music

Billy-JSpotify Star

I recall that being an option in the past, but in Version 8.4.74.463 armV7 it's no longer visible.

@theart.

Sorry if that didn't work. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Spotify is Version 8.4.74.763 arm v7 running on Android 6.0.

Hello, @theart and @Billy-J.

I am using Android 7.1.1. on my phone and my Spotify app version is 8.4.74.463 armV7.

The good news is that the issue has been solved after a few short days. From now on, Spotify doesn't log me out immediately after I close the app.

Thank you for helping me out!

- Hannah

@theart.

Sorry to hear you are still having this issue. 

Let's follow some steps first. Make sure that your SD card is unencrypted and that it has no errors. To do this you can search online for the instructions according to your device. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I finally figured it out. The SD card now needs to be formatted as portable rather than internal for the Storage option to show up in Spotify's settings menu.

Hey @theart.

Thanks for the reply 🙂 

I am so glad to hear things are working again! If you need help with anything else, just let me know what's happening and I'll be here to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts