Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify keeps playing video on Fire TV Stick apo

Spotify keeps playing video on Fire TV Stick apo

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Amazon Fire TV Stick

Operating System

Amazon Fire Stick OS

My Question or Issue

I use Spotify on my Fire TV Stick, and control it with Spotify Connect. When I play a song, it automatically plays the video version, not the audio.

When I change it to the audio version on the Fire Stick UI, the message says that it will now play only the audio version. But whenever I play another song through Spotify Connect, it starts playing the video version.

The same happens when I change it to the audio version on the other apps (Android, Windows), while connected to the Fire Stick. I assign it to audio, it changes. But the next song played, it plays the video.

It's very annoying not only because of audio quality, but because most music videos have intros or other noises that are not in the song.

3 Replies

Hey there @thiquadros,

Thanks for posting this thread! That's an odd behavior so let's investigate together.

To begin and if you haven't already done so it's a good idea to make sure that you're using the newest Spotify-version across your devices, as well as to make sure that there are no pending software updates.

Let us know, does the same behavior persist if you're playing songs directly from the Firestick and not via Connect? It'd be great if you could also share what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far so that we avoid repeating them. 

Since you mentioned that you're streaming music via Connect, you can go to Spotify's Settings > Data Saver and enable Stream audio only to test if it'll make any difference.

Keep us posted 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Ivelina!

I have the option for "Stream audio only" activated in all my devices. The
problem is also that the Spotify Fire Stick app doesn't have this option
available.

Hey @thiquadros,

Thanks for your reply.

We apologize for the confusion as this is currently expected behavior. We understand however how this can be inconvenient, so we'll make sure to forward your feedback to the right team.

We'll be here if there's anything else you wish to address.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts