Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify no longer playing sound through Android Auto

Solved!

Spotify no longer playing sound through Android Auto

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy A51

Operating System

Android 11

One UI 3.1

My Question or IIssue

Spotify no longer plays sound when plugged in via USB and used through Android Auto. The song plays, the track is counting through but there's no sound at any volume. Others sounds work fine in Android Auto such as phone calls and Google Assistant.

I've tried disabling Android Auto (it's preinstalled and cannot be fully uninstalled), I've done a full uninstall of Spotify and cleared the cache numerous times but nothing works. Spotify works fine via Bluetooth and not using Android Auto.

I've tried a number of suggestions on these forums but to no avail. I'm slowly losing my mind so any help would be greatly appreciated.

22 Replies
Marked as solution

You aren't gonna believe this but I've fixed it. Last month I disabled microphone permissions for Android Auto because it kept reacting to me having random conversations in the car. I just enabled microphone permissions for Android Auto and it works. Music plays with sound again. I'm absolutely astounded by how bad Android Auto is. I can't believe it disables all sound including Spotify if the mic permission is revoked. Apparently a microphone is crucial to listening to music according to Google.

Thank you for all the assistance, I'm glad it's finally sorted.

Hey @EveUltra

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We're glad to hear that things are now working properly for you. 

If you have any questions we're always one post away. 

Еnjoy your music! 

Worked for me too, with a Pixel 7 Pro. Thank you!

Suggested posts