Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify restarts songs when I resume them

Solved!

Spotify restarts songs when I resume them

• Hello, since I've bought the Samsung A32, I've been struggling with the following problem. Every time I pause a song, the 'widget' changes (attachment). When I click on the play button, it takes Spotify approximately 15 seconds in order to play the song, and it will completely restart the song.

I think it has something to do with my phone rather than with Spotify, since the problem didn't occur to me on my previous phone.

Screenshot_20210811-000816_One UI Home.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Berkers,

Thanks for the reply.

It indeed looks like this is a result of the different notifications styles of your new phone. If you want to change those, you might want to look into using a different App launcher, as some of those can change how the notifications behave. You can search online how to install a custom App launcher on your phone.

Currently there is no way to change how the widget behaves directly from the Spotiffy app, as that is controlled by the phone's OS.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi @Berkers,

Thank you for posting your question on the Community. 

We haven't seen any other reports about this, nor have we been able to reproduce the issue, so we can try some troubleshooting steps here.

To start, let us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

And in case you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify. Does that make a difference?

Let us know how it goes. 

MafeGModerator

Hey, thanks for your response.

Some things never get old (saying that a clean reinstall should work). I think the problem is part of Android's UI rather than Spotify.

Hey @Berkers,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Just to double-check- does the issue persist after the clean reinstall?

In case you're using an SD card, it's a good idea to try removing it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

Did this occur after a specific update?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

Hey!

After the reinstallation the problem still occurs. The song doesn't restart everytime, but only when the mini-widget changed to what I sent in my first message

Hey @Berkers,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

It could be indeed related to the device. To confirm this, could you let us know if the same happens when using a different connection, like another WiFi network or mobile data? We'd also like to know if it only happens when you're using a Bluetooth connected device or also when using the phone's speaker.

Lastly, could you confirm if you tried the steps that @Ver mentioned above with the SD card?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey

The steps the other helper suggested to me, didn't work. Moreover, the problem also occurs when I just use the speaker, without headphones.

Hi @Berkers,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Just to make sure, do the music restart if you resume it directly from the app and not from the widget? 

Also, is it possible for you to log into your account with a different phone? This way we can rule out any issue related directly with your account.

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

Hello,

The problem doesn't occur on my other phone, since it's an error in the UI. The problem only occurs when trying to resume the song using the widget

Marked as solution

Hi @Berkers,

Thanks for the reply.

It indeed looks like this is a result of the different notifications styles of your new phone. If you want to change those, you might want to look into using a different App launcher, as some of those can change how the notifications behave. You can search online how to install a custom App launcher on your phone.

Currently there is no way to change how the widget behaves directly from the Spotiffy app, as that is controlled by the phone's OS.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts