Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify skips songs frequently without my input

Spotify skips songs frequently without my input

Recently spotify has been acting up a bunch on my phone and I am considering not renewing my subscription as a result. When I select a song to play spotify immediately chooses the next song under it. Sometimes it doesn't even play that one and will skip 2 to 3 songs ahead. Often it will play the first second or two of music and then change tracks. Reselecting the track only worsens the issue, occasionally resulting in a different song playing than what is being shown. The songs also tend to sound scrambled and skip quickly at first whenever a track is initially selected. This happens every single time I select a song, and it's the most maddeningly frustrating experience. I am using a Samsung Avant with android 4.4.2, and Spotify version 3.6.0.789. I have tried deleting the saved data and cache and doing a clean reinstall and things got worse so now songs just stop playing when I'm not in the app. I have the quality set to extreme, its set to always sync, and the problem happens both on and off of a wi-fi network. It even does this with completely downloaded playlists. What the hell is going on?

1 Reply

I would suggest trying to get hold of a previous version of the app and installing to see if the behaviour still exists

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts