Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify stops playing every 2 minutes

Spotify stops playing every 2 minutes

About every 2 minutes, the track I am listening to stops playing. The app shows it as playing but no sound comes out and when I pause and press play, it jumps back to the place where the sound stops.

The first time I can get it to play again by unlocking my phone. Every other time, I have to close and reopen the app or disconnect and reconnect my headphones.

This happens whether phone screen is on or off, in online and offline mode, and whether I am using headphones or not

Phone is on Android 12, have tried deleting and reinstalling.
2 Replies

If you're experiencing issues with Spotify stopping playback every 2 minutes on your Android 12 device, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Clear app cache: Go to Settings, Apps,  Spotify,  Storage, and then Clear cache. This clears temporary data that may be causing playback issues.

2. Disable battery optimization: Some Android devices have aggressive battery optimization settings that can interfere with app functionality. Go to Settings, Battery, Battery optimization, All apps, Spotify, and Don't optimize. This prevents the system from optimizing Spotify's background processes.

3. Check data restrictions: If you're using Spotify in offline mode, ensure that your offline playlists are fully downloaded. If you're using the app in online mode, check if you have any data restrictions enabled (e.g., data saver mode). Disable any restrictions that may be interfering with playback.

4. Adjust audio settings: In Spotify, go to Settings, Playback, Equalizer, and try disabling any equalizer settings or switching to a different preset. Additionally, check if any other audio-related settings (e.g., normalization, gapless playback) are enabled and experiment with different configurations.

5. Update Spotify: Make sure you have the latest version of Spotify installed from the Google Play Store. Updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements.

6. Restart your device: A simple restart can help resolve temporary glitches or conflicts that may be causing the playback issue.

If none of the above steps resolve the problem, you can also try reaching out to Spotify support for further assistance. They may have specific troubleshooting steps or be able to provide additional guidance for your particular device and software version.

Having the same issue since a few days. Using Android 13. Tried reinstall the app twice, made sure background activities are turned on, etc. Since the problem is known for over a month now, and the responsible people with Spotify seem to dont give a f%&k, its really time to move on to another streaming service... 

Edit: I managed to play around 6 songs in a row without any issues. What I did: I changed my login method from "facebook" to Email, and deleted the Facebook option. Since then, it works. Hope that helps.

Suggested posts