Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify will not work on all 3 of my Android devices worked perfect on apple phone

Solved!

Spotify will not work on all 3 of my Android devices worked perfect on apple phone

Plan

Premium

Country

usa

Device

SM-T380 SMGG930V SM-T510

Operating System

android 8  9 & 11

My Question or Issue

After install I get my playlist but just a message "Something went wrong". After answering that message a number of times it will play but unresponsive to any changes. I did install it on an Apple phone that works perfectly. Of the 3 Android devices 2 of them have SD cards and I have tried giving permissions to no avail 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It happened as soon as installed. I have discovered it must be the wifi because when I uses a faster router the android devices worked. I guess the iPhone does better with slower internet connections.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi @Bobbywires,

Welcome to the Community!

To begin, did you notice when this started happening and if it was after a specific event? Did it occur right after you downloaded and installed Spotify and does it happen only with a specific playlist?

Have you tested with a different internet connection on the Android devices? If it's still not working I even recommend asking a relative or a friend to log in to their account on the Androids so we can investigate if it's an account or device-related issue. However, if it works with your account on the iPhone, then it's likely to be a device issue and we'll investigate together.

One more step is to make sure there aren't any pending OS updates on the Android devices.

Thanks for the cooperation and hope to hear from you soon 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

It happened as soon as installed. I have discovered it must be the wifi because when I uses a faster router the android devices worked. I guess the iPhone does better with slower internet connections.  

Suggested posts