Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify with Kingston microSD Offline Storage Slow Issue

Spotify with Kingston microSD Offline Storage Slow Issue

Recently purchased Onkyo DP-X1A Digital Audio Player (Andoird OS).

Android OS: 5.1.1

Kernel Version: 3.4.0 android-build@DAP #1 Fri Nov 4 00:14:41 CST 2016

Build Number: LMY47V

SW Version: 0.1.37.8_20161104.000715

This device has internal flash storage of 64GB and supports 2x microSD slots. I recently purchased 2x 256GB Kingston Class 10 UHS-I microSD as music file storage expansion for DP-X1A. Formatted both cards inside of the device and selected SD card as storage for offline files within Spotify settings.

First try resulted in an error message prompting failure to copy files due to file permission. So I reformatted once more and tried again. This time the files were gone so I selected a playlist and opted to download for offline use. The download was painfully slow (0.5hrs only downloaded 15 songs).

I then removed the microSD cards and accessed them via my PC. Speed was fine, files were being copied at a sensible rate so the cards seemed fine.

At the same time, I uninstalled Spotify, rebooted my DP-X1A and reinstalled Spotify fresh. Again, inserted the cards and formatted in device. This time the download was tuck at 0/967 files @ 0% progress.

Again, I uninstalled Spotif, rebooted and resintalled app. This time switched offline storage  back to internal memory and began downloading offline files once more. The speed was back to normal, 0.5hr was seeing 80 songs been downloaded.

1 Reply

Hi

How do you format sd card on Onkyo X1a please- I can’t find it in manual?

thanks

jon

Suggested posts