Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Tablet app shows wrong navigation in home screen

Tablet app shows wrong navigation in home screen

Plan

Free

App Version

Device

Huawei MediaPad T1 10

Operating System

Android 4.4.4

My Question or Issue

Since 15th Octobre 2020 home screen of app has been significantly changed.

In "aktuelleoberflaeche.png" you can see current home screen with left side navigation. Before it has been a bottom navigation like in "alteoberberfläche.png".

Support is not able to answer my questions and though my report has been an idea but it wasn't.

What do i have to do to get bottom navigation back with my device?

I stopped using spotify app because of that uglyfication.

Contacting support has not lead to a sufficient answer yet and i am far away from being satified with spotify's support.

alteoberflaeche.png
aktuelleoberflaeche.png
3 Replies

Hey @mariehansen!

Welcome to the Spotify Community! I'm thrilled to help you out.

I can understand that the user interface on your tablet changed and you'd like the old one back. Please note that Spotify improves its app's look and feel from time to time after evaluating other users' feedback. I'm sorry to have to inform you that there is no option to switch back to the old layout, as they have decided to replace it by one that better suits the screen layout of larger devices.

However, Spotify is always listening to its customers' feedback. You can post to the ideas board to make sure the right folks will see your feedback.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Keep rocking!

Hi @songassistant!

Thanks for the community welcome.

For me, this change on the start screen is a significant deterioration, because the font has become significantly smaller and the song title is not immediately recognizable.

In addition, the cover graphics are very often only half or not displayed correctly.

For the smaller font, I now increasingly need a magnifying glass to see what is there.

For me this new start screen is a significant deterioration and selling it as an improvement almost borders on an insult.

Who decided this layout would fit better? I couldn't find anything about it to show that the new layout should be significantly better. No reason - nothing at all.

I don't really believe anymore that Spotify really listens to the users, because otherwise you could have asked in advance or made the layout selectable.

As long as nothing changes in the layout in the tablet app, I am using a competing product.

I had already thought about getting Spotify Premium, but the change in the tablet app prevented this.

At the moment I only use the Windows 10 app on a Windows 10 laptop.

On the smartphone I don't use streaming services at all, only saved MP3 files. Here, the Spotify app has gambled away after only one use.

In my case, the communication with the support is still going on because the reported problem has not yet been resolved.

I am curious to see whether Spotify is really willing to improve in this case. As it is now, I can't recommend Spotify to anyone.

I consciously took my time with the answer so that too much negative emotionality does not get into it.

Hey @mariehansen 

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sharing your feedback here in the Community.

We always strive to improve our app and the experience with it. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on the right team.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can also support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you want to know more about how your feedback reaches Spotify, you can head here.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts