Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify finds device and freezes song

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceMotorola G8 Powerlite My Question or IssueWhile playing music Spotify will detect an external device, the music will then freeze and when I look at my phone I've got a big box telling me it's found external speakers (which ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK   Device Motorola G8 Powerlite   My Question or Issue While playing music Spotify will detect an external device, the music will then freeze and whe...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution download of audio books does not end

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceBQOperating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or IssueI'm hearing audio books with spotify. The problem occurred even with two different audio books.While hearing, I dicover that spotify is downloading title 207 of 208 (1...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device BQ Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue I'm hearing audio books with spotify. The problem occurred even with two different audio bo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Version 8.5.80.1037 Problems

Plan -Premium FamilyCountry UKDevice - Samsung A21Operating System - Android 10My Question or Issue - Spotify will not connect to any devices in my home . Chromecasts through the B+O app. The app runs so slow and becomes un-usable not playing songs ,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan -Premium Family Country UK Device - Samsung A21 Operating System - Android 10 My Question or Issue - Spotify will not connect to any devices in my home . Chromecasts through the B+O app.&n...
  • Iaink5573
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecast keeps pausing stops spotify

Spotify plays and stop 4,5 times on one Song, i casting trough chromecast. On Samsung galaxy s10. And i factory reset my phone and chromecast, restarted my router. Anny sulutions?

• Spotify plays and stop 4,5 times on one Song, i casting trough chromecast.  On Samsung galaxy s10. And i factory reset my phone and chromecast, restarted my router. Anny sulutions?
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: [Android] Can't access or play podcasts in Your Library

I have the same issue with a new Galaxy S10 Lite and my husband with a Galaxy S10+. We did a clean reinstall of the app several times. Spotify version 8.5.80.1037, Android 10.Also had the issue before with a Galaxy S7. I also cannot access the podcas...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the same issue with a new Galaxy S10 Lite and my husband with a Galaxy S10+. We did a clean reinstall of the app several times. Spotify version 8.5.80.1037, Android 10. Also had the issue bef...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Cast Issue - Connect to my Smart TV from my phone

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S10 and VIZIO Smart TVOperating SystemAndroid version 10 My Question or IssueWhen I try to play Spotify from my phone to my smart TV via "google cast" it does not work 100%. It will connect and play one song,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S10 and VIZIO Smart TV Operating System Android version 10   My Question or Issue When I try to play Spotify from my phone to my smart TV...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android] Remove Uninteresting Podcasts from Library

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have an android phone and previously liked a bunch of podcasts I was interested in listenin...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files don't play anymore

PlanPremiumCountrySamsung Galaxy s8Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueMy downloaded local files suddenly won't play. They are downloaded to the phone and have the green mark, and as recently as yesterday they ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Samsung Galaxy s8 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue My downloaded local files suddenly won't play. They are downlo...
  • geirhong
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Not giving option of streaming to Google home

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemPie My Question or Issue  When I click on the button that used to allow me to cast to google home it only allows me to start a session with someone else. If I go through the Google home ap...

Screenshot_20200919-165440_Spotify.jpg
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Pie   My Question or Issue     When I click on the button that used to allow me to cast to google h...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to download podcasts - Android

Plan: Premium (Family)Country: USApp Version: 8.5.76.962 (I did a re-install recently)Device: Pixel 3Operating System: Android 11 Hello,Recently, I have been unable to download podcasts through the app. The podcast will attempt to download for a few ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium (Family) Country: US App Version: 8.5.76.962 (I did a re-install recently) Device: Pixel 3 Operating System: Android 11   Hello, Recently, I have been unable to download pod...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to skip back tracks using the earphones controls on Samsung S7 Edge

I've moved from an iPhone to a Samsung S7 edge and when tracks are playing, I can't skip to the previous track by triple clicking on the earphones control button. At first I thought it was the new earphones that come with the phone but even with my i...

• Casual Listener
  • I've moved from an iPhone to a Samsung S7 edge and when tracks are playing, I can't skip to the previous track by triple clicking on the earphones control button. At first I thought it was the new ea...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

disparition de l'icone paramètres sur mon mi 10 pro tournant sous android - Spotify version 8.5.80.1

PremiumCountryFranceDeviceXiaomi mi 10 proOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueBonjour, depuis quelques temps, la roue crantée permettant l'accession aux paramètres a disparu. Spotify fonctionne sans souci, mais je n'ai forcément plus de ré...

Screenshot_2020-10-19-12-05-01-208_com.spotify.music.jpg
  • Premium Country France Device Xiaomi mi 10 pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Bonjour, depuis quelques temps, la roue crantée permettant l'accession aux paramètres a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sharing My Forever favourite doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceGoogle pixel 2 XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 - Build number: QQ3A.200805.001Spotify App Version:8.5 76.962 My Question or IssueI can create the list of my forever favourite songs without any problems. After taping on the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Google pixel 2 XL Operating System Android 10 - Build number: QQ3A.200805.001 Spotify App Version: 8.5 76.962   My Question or Issue I can cr...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Full version of Spotify on Android TV

Has anyone managed to sideload the full Android version of Spotify on an Android TV. I have tried a couple of apks with no luck.Thanks

• Has anyone managed to sideload the full Android version of Spotify on an Android TV. I have tried a couple of apks with no luck. Thanks    
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

turn off spotify on samsung s8

how do I tuen off spotify when done using ? There doesnt appear to be any exit or off button

• Visitor
  • how do I tuen off spotify when done using ? There doesnt appear to be any exit or off button
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My device isn't compatible with this version of Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceRedmi Note 8Operating SystemAndroid 9 PKQ1 My Question or IssueSo...today I had an internet connection with my Spotify app. Even though my connection was good, WiFi and mobile data worked perfectly well but my Spotify ap...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Redmi Note 8 Operating System Android 9 PKQ1   My Question or Issue So...today I had an internet connection with my Spotify app. Even though my conne...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist radio doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDevicePixel 3 and iPhone XSOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI can't play any artist radio on my phone (both android and iphone) - "playlist not found" appears. On my desktop app everything works. I tried to reins...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device Pixel 3 and iPhone XS Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I can't play any artist radio on my phone (both android and iphone) - "playl...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Radio
    Troubleshooting
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Weekly Mix, Release Radar and other playlist not updating automatically

PlanPremiumCountryDEDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 10+Operating SystemAndroid 10 Weekly Mix, Release Radar and other playlist not updating automatically when connected to WiFi. I have to open the Spotify app, then the download starts, but without opening ...

•   Plan Premium Country DE Device Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Operating System Android 10   Weekly Mix, Release Radar and other playlist not updating automatically when connected to Wi...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stations app wont load

Plan:PremiumCountry:USADevice:Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Operating System:Android 10 My Question or Issue:The Spotify stations app will rarely get past the spinning circle loading screen. I've tried restarting the app and uninstalling and reinstalling ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra  Operating System: Android 10   My Question or Issue: The Spotify stations app will rarely get past the spinnin...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Loading problems
    Loading Screen
    Spotify Stations
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Sorting option for partially played podcasts

It would be nice to have a sorting option for partially played podcasts. Now all we have is "All episodes", "Downloads" and "Unplayed"There should be a fourth option like "partially played" or "Not finished" or something like that so that we can easi...

• Gig Goer
  • It would be nice to have a sorting option for partially played podcasts. Now all we have is "All episodes", "Downloads" and "Unplayed" There should be a fourth option like "partially played" or "Not...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes