Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Text is not properly displayed under PLAYING FROM SEARCH section

Text is not properly displayed under PLAYING FROM SEARCH section

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G

Operating System

Android 12 with One UI 4.1 and Spotify Version is 8.7.36.923

My Question or Issue

There is a bug in the Android App. The text that was used to search for a specific song is not properly displayed under the PLAYING FROM SEARCH section. It appears as being URL encoded.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. On the starting screen of the Android app, select Search from the bottom menu.
    Home ScreenHome Screen
  2. In the Search query text box that just appeared, type 'the a team' and select Ed Sheeran's song (or any other song that has at least one space character in the title).
    The selected item must be a song not an album!
    Screenshot_20220611-201608_Spotify.jpg
  3. After the selected song started to play, open the currently playing song modal by selecting the title/artist of the song
    InkedScreenshot_20220611-201608_Spotify_LI.jpg
  4. In the newly opened modal, please observe that the original text that was used to search for the song appears as URL encoded. There is "the%20a%20team" instead of "the a team". In this case the space character has been encoded to %20.
    InkedScreenshot_20220611-195014_Spotify_LI.jpg

The issues can be reproduced with other characters as well. Here is an example with the exclamation mark (!):

InkedScreenshot_20220611-195252_Spotify_LI.jpg

In the previous example I used the text "! " (exclamation mark followed by a space) to search for songs and selected any song. As a result the original text has been displayed as URL encoded "%21%20" where %21 is the exclamation mark and %20 is space.

Also reproduce the issue on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 with Android 12 and One UI 4.1 and Spotify version 8.7.36.923

2 Replies

Hi @random_placeholder,

Thanks for the post and for the detailed description of the issue.

This does seem a bit odd of an issue. I was able to reproduce this on my end and have reached out to the right internal teams at Spotify in order to check what might be causing this.

I'll keep you up to date here as soon as I have more info 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Upside in the "playing from..." label, the spaces from the searched string are replaced by %20.

To reproduce issue search for song with space în title, play song, expand song, look topside.

See attached screenshots.

Suggested posts