Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Turn on device when using Spotify Connect

Turn on device when using Spotify Connect

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel 4a + Google Chromecast w/Google TV

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I want to cast my spotify from my phone to my Chromecast TV. If I select the Google cast option, my TV will automatically turn on (via HDMI CEC) and start playing, however, the volume control does not work. If I select Spotify connect, I can control the volume, however, my TV does not automatically turn on when I start casting. So can you either fix the volume control with google cast option OR can you automatically turn on  the TV when I use spotify connect?

1 Reply

Hi there @dougw03,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

The function to turn your TV on when using Connect isn't possible at the moment, so this isn't an issue or a malfunction of the app. However, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions with the Community, and encourage you to add your idea to our ideas board. Others can then vote on it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this Spotify Answer.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Regarding the volume controls not working when using the Google Cast option, does it happen only with Spotify or with any other apps?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts