Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

UPDATED: Phone not updating currently playing when using Connect w/ chromecast or HEOS

UPDATED: Phone not updating currently playing when using Connect w/ chromecast or HEOS

UPDATE: After reading some other threads I logged out of my desktop and on my old phone AND logged out and deleted the app from my current phone. Reinstalled and it seems to be working. Fingers crossed.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 11

Currently playing broken when using spotify connect. Music will cast using chromecast or HEOS, but currently playing will only display the first song in the playlist. Have cleared cache and deleted and reinstalled app. 

1 Reply

Hi @13tdd,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Spotify is currently aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe, and the right team is looking into this.

I recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue, as well as adding a comment with your device + OS version and exact Spotify version.

It will also be useful for you to Subscribe to this Ongoing Issue by clicking the three-dot menu next to its title; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamonSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts