Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Volume drops 10% - 20% every few seconds when casting to google home speaker

Volume drops 10% - 20% every few seconds when casting to google home speaker

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Google Home (Mini) Speaker

My Question or Issue

Hi, when I am casting to my google home speakers the volume drops every few seconds. The Volume decreases like 10% - 20% for around one second and is then back to normal.

The problem is only with Spotify. Other Apps like YouTube Music work without Problem.

First notice of the problem was 3 days ago.

What I've already tried (but none of that could fix the problem):

• I tried casting to different speakers. Grouped as well as separately. The problem causes on Google Home Mini as well as Google Home.
  • I started casting from PC as well as Android Smartphone as well as directly via voice command
  • I deactivated music normalization, EQ, automix and crossfade on the PC App as well as the Android App on my smartphone
  • Turned off google microphones to exclude false voice command detections

Is there anything else I can try?

7 Replies

Hey @JanMann,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This might be caused by a recent software update or a network issue.

We'd recommend checking if there are any firmware updates for your home speakers and letting those run.

Something else you can try is to connect both your phone and speakers to a separate network, like a mobile hotspot and check if the same issue occurs. This way we can check if it's network related at all.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hey there, I have exactly same issue with google asisstant compatible speakers (mi smart speaker and mi smart clock), when Im listening spotify (premium), volume radomly drops, is there any fix? its really annoying 😕 thanks

Hey there @AkajiCZ

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

On another note, would you mind letting us know if this has always happened or if it has started happening after a specific event such as an update?

Lastly, we'd like to know if this happens only with Spotify or with other streaming apps as well. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Was this resolved? Just bought mi smart clock ang i thought it was a device issue til i saw this thread.

Hey @Reihh,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

To avoid repeating troubleshooting steps, would you mind confirming if you've tried the processes suggested by @Alex and @Eni?

Also, could you include in your next response if you're using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection to stream your music? This will give us a better look at the issue. 

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

This only occured when i played music on my mi smart clock via google home app. App and device are updated. This is playing using wifi. I tried using my mi bluetooth speaker and it works fine. I don't know if this is a device issue or if it has something to do with spotify as i see others having the same issue.

Hey @Reihh,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

We appreciate all the details you've included. To continue with the troubleshooting, would you mind unlinking the Spotify account and linking it back again to see if it makes any difference?

Also, as it could be related to the connection between the Spotify app and the Home app, we'd recommend reinstalling the Home app as well to refresh the connection.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts