Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Volume spike when using equilizer

Volume spike when using equilizer

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands 

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 pro

Operating System

Android 13/MIUI 14

My Question or Issue

When using the equilizer volume spikes occur that turn my volume max until I hit one of the volume buttons, then it returns to the original volume. These happen quite frequently when starting new songs and for example, opening/closing an Instagram post with audio and then going back to Spotify Music.

In the long run this will hurt my ears for sure. I use it with headphones and earphones and its quite painful when using earphones.

I have to use it to adjust the sound of my earphones, but this really hinders the experience.

Thx in advance  🙂

3 Replies

Hi @Az_zY,

Thanks for reaching out. Does this only happen on the aforementioned Xiaomi? Does it happen regardless of what output device is used (phone speaker, wired headphones, bluetooth headphones)? Consider performing a clean reinstall too, that can help with a multitude of issues.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've had a similar issue on my phone. Doesn't matter what device I'm using (for the most part wired earphones and  headphones) but when the EQ is on, the volume will spike to 100% when skipping songs. The same thing happens if you try to seeking to different parts of the song. In both cases it's inconsistent when it happens - really painful and annoying either way!

Not tested this on a computer yet as I tend to have the inbuilt EQ off on it. 

Hey @SweatyBottles,

Thanks for reaching out.

As mentioned in the app's settings, the equalizer can alter volume unexpectedly on some devices, so if you experience any issues, we'd recommend disabling it.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts