Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Waze (and Android Auto / Maps) connections intermittent

Waze (and Android Auto / Maps) connections intermittent

Plan

Premium

Country

Thailand (also Europe)

Device

Android car head unit Generic 

Operating System

Android 7.1

Just purchased an android head unit as I love how spotify and Waze (or Android Auto) integrates using my phone as a GPS.. Android unit appears to work just fine and waze (or android auto or google maps) autostarts on boot. 

Problem is it then doesnt connect to spotify.. I just get connecting to spotify.. which fails.. Then a suggestion to open the app.. It opens.. I go back to waze.. it still cant see it.. etc. 

I would of course blame waze except the exact same thing happens on android auto.. And on google maps.. None seem to be able to 'wake up' the spotify app automatically.. 

If I first start spotify.. then open waze there is a much better chance of it working, but even then not always, leading to the crazy situation of spotify playing music, while waze or android auto report they cant connect to the app, which is running. 

It might seem like a small issue simply start spotify first, but in a car head unit it needs to be all in the auto boot and this one small issue is ruining quite a large amount of time energy and hardware purchased. 

My Question or Issue

0 Replies

Suggested posts