Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Where has genre-based radio gone?

Solved!

Where has genre-based radio gone?

Since 'Radio' has been removed from the menu (and has now moved to 'Stations' under 'My Music'), how do you start a genre-based radio station?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

OK, I think I figured it out. From main menu - Browse --> Genres and Moods --> Select the parent category you want (e.g. if you want 'Trance', you have to first know that it sits under 'Club') --> Filter --> Select your subcategory --> 'Start Radio'.

As opposed to previously selecting Menu --> Radio --> Select category

Pretty long-winded if you ask me. But it works, and all the categories seem to be there (if you drill down from the main categories and hunt for them).

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Has it?!? It's still showing for me OK, maybe an update has been applie to your account. It might be worth contacting support to see if they can check it out for you?

Contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Which part is still showing for you? 'Radio' under the main menu, or the ability to start a genre-based station from the new 'Stations' tab?

It's can't be something specific to my account, because it tells you that radio has now moved to the 'Stations' tab in the release notes that pop up when you first open Spotify after the most recent update (a couple of days ago).

But what it doesn't tell you is that the 'Stations' tab only shows your previous stations. You can start a track or artist-based station from a specific track or artist (as you've always been able to), but when you click on the 'Add Station' button in the new 'Stations' tab it just takes you to the search screen - but that search screen doesn't bring back genres in the search results - only specific tracks, albums and artists.

Am I missing something?!

Marked as solution

OK, I think I figured it out. From main menu - Browse --> Genres and Moods --> Select the parent category you want (e.g. if you want 'Trance', you have to first know that it sits under 'Club') --> Filter --> Select your subcategory --> 'Start Radio'.

As opposed to previously selecting Menu --> Radio --> Select category

Pretty long-winded if you ask me. But it works, and all the categories seem to be there (if you drill down from the main categories and hunt for them).

Suggested posts