Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why do I always have to re-download my playlist?

Why do I always have to re-download my playlist?

Why does spotify keep deleting my downloads? I constantly have to redownlo and its using up all my data. I'm ready to cancel my subscription and go back to rhapsody.
43 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

There was a bug that caused undownloading in previous android clients, but was apparently fixed in the most recent versions. Are you using the most up to date client from Google Play? 

Also, be sure that your Spotify goes online at least once every 30 days to verify your subscription or else your content will be removed. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No, this bug hasn't been fixed yet (like many others). It happened to me today  - very annoying because I had to suffer through a long train ride without my music. 

The music isn't really gone (as you can see in the screenshot below), but Spotify just doesn't recognize it anymore...

http://i38.tinypic.com/2yx1a2x.png

Same problem here.

Sometimes when I enter the app, it tells me to login, I login and I see the lists as "downloaded", however when I enter the playlist, the songs appear as not downloaded.

And all the songs are in the SD Card. It's just that spotify does not relate the app with the songs or something like that....

I'm fed up with this problem as I need my music to work, it annoys me working without music.

Link to Bug

Sadly this has been rolling on for too long and with the latest update (0.5.13.63) seems to me to have gone backwards.

I see that the solution is always the same: uninstall, and do a clean installation of the last version. But I have done that and does not work.

And I don't think we should fill a form for a problem that they know that happens, I am a paying customer and I want a solution, not wasting my time filling an endless form. 

Rdio is the realt thing... Spotify will never fix this bug, it has been this way for almost a year now!!!!

BTJ

I downloaded my playlists last night and when i went to go play them in the car they wouldn't play. I have to redownload and its ridiculous. Pissed me off because i was expecting to listen to my music

Hey Peter,

I'm replying to your post from 2013!!

Why?, because this is still an issue. It has nothing to do with Android phones. This has repeatedly been happeing on my Iphone 6S and also happened repeatedly on my previous Iphone 4S. I have the latest release installed and Spotify goes online every day.

Apart from being really annoying it is also expensive. I would like to let spotify use my mobile data, but when Spotify without notice decides to delete and re-download several gigabytes worth of data, my fairly generous mobile data subscription runs out. This especially suck on work travels where mobile data abroad quotas aren't that big on my subcription plan, and I'm suddenly dry and without email, GPS, my flight plans, what have you!

This is a really annoying, irresponsible and stupid way for Spotify to treat Premium paying customers!

Yes, I'm pretty much at the end with Spotify.

I've gone through every forum post, 'solution', suggestion, etc to fix this but no matter what I do I lose my downloaded playlists after a few days. The data/cache folder is still there on the SD card with all of the downloaded stuff but it doesn't recognise it in Spotify.  To pay what we do per month and for this to still be happening years later, this is unacceptable!

HTC One-M8

Spotify 6.0.0.864 armV7

My daughter convinced me to go with spotify premium.  I now regret the decision.  Songs only play one-at-a-time (I have to unlock the phone for it to progress to the next song and I have to constantly re-download everything.

I am also having to re-download my offline music all the time.

I am using it in an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.

It would be great to fix this problem.

This just happened to me again yesterday! Very annoying spotify! Experienced this twice since. I was unexpectedly logged out and when i signed back in all my playlist were all undownloaded. So i have to download each one again and it was a really annoying.. How many times do i have to repeat this process? Please fix this spotify!

I am almost ready to cancel my subscription. Every time I leave the house I get caught out. I don't need the premium subscription if I cannot take my music with me.

Right there with you.  Pathetic customer support regarding this issue.

Bulls hit. I want one song added to my play list and I have to download all my songs again. Cost me 20 dollars 1gb and I have 180 songs on my Playlist **bleep** spotify ! I'll go back to illegal downloads.. at least you get to keep the songs for good and don't have to pay 12.99 per month as well as 40 per week in downloads rip off pricks

Was surprised to see that this has been an issue for a lot of people for years. I just hope Spotify is at least trying to do something about it since it's affecting paying customers. Those like me who work hard for the money would truly appreciate an announced fix soon.

This is happening to me also with Windows 10!  This is very annoying! I'm paying for premium service and this bug should be fixed asap! Very unhappy with Spotify!!!

So why is this happening to me on Apple?

Suggested posts