Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why is volume of Spotify so much lower than all other apps?

Why is volume of Spotify so much lower than all other apps?

So I've just installed the Spotify app on my Sony z3 and the volume is so much lower than all the other audio out puts.. I have no issue listening to audio normally via the normal music player but with Spotify I have to put volume on max and muck about with equaliser... I'm pretty disappointed about this and if there is no solution I doubt I'll continue beyond the trial as is not fit for purpose as it is.. And help is appreciated.
3 Replies

I sort of have the same problem. I have a LG optimus and when I installed the latest version of spotify the "sound button" disapeared. And I also experience the volume to be really low even though I use an external speaker.

Yeah it also gives the illusion of crappy sound because you can't hear everything. People think it's muffled because it can't play as loud. I even analyzed the audio to see how it compared to other services by normalizing the audio. Everything sounded the same but at the regular volume it sounds muffled. I really wish they would raise the default volume.

So... Any update from Spotify? Any official explanation as this appears to be something many are experiencing

Suggested posts