Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Won't let me log in

Won't let me log in

Hey, everytime i try to log in on my samsung phone, in the spotify app, it wont let me log in. It logs in for like 3 seconds and it will not stay for long and keeps sending me to a page that says "new to spotify? start here! and if youre already an member log in here". Ive tried to log in twice but it wont let me. it's really annoying and i cant listen to it now. Ive tried to delete cache data and uninstall and reinstall but that doesnt work either. what can i do?? if it helps i use facebook credentials. so i have no spotify credentials and i am a premium user!

33 Replies

I would love to see an answer on this. I have had the same problem f or about 2 weeks now. Using a Galaxy S3. Please help

When selecting the Login option, you should be given an option to log in using Spotify details or Facebook. Both of you should need to select Facebook to login - Should get you up and running with Spotify! 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thank you for the reply. Either way you log in (facebook or putting in my email info) it does the same thing. Playlists come up for about 3 seconds and then it jumps to a screen asking me to log in or join spotify.

Hmm - Could you post up a screenshot of this at all? Hopefully seeing it will jog my memory.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I'm having a similar problem.

When I open Spotify on my Adroid, it says "Try for free" or "Already a Spotify user? Log in here."

When I click "Already a user" it takes me to a new page that says "Login with facebook" or "login with your spotify details." I then login with my facebook, and it says "loggin in ... with a round timer."

Then it opens as if it is ready to work. But then immedietely (within 1 second), it transfers me to a new page that says "Discover great music with your friends" and gives two options: "Have your Spotify detail? Please log in" or "I'm new to spotify. Let's go".

I click on the first one and login with the mobile user divice information given to me by this website, which includes a username of 10 digits and my spotify password (i.e. not facebook login).

When I press enter, it accepts my entry (i.e. correct password and login), but then I receive a message that says "Merging ... please wait." Then I get a message that says "Temporary error when merging accounts. Please try again." I've tired over and over again, but it never works. I've even uninstalled the App then reinstalled it by the same problem.

Very frustrating! I don't know why Spotify chooses to make it so difficult to log into their system with three different usernames and passwords. It seems ot be neadlessly complicated!!

I also am having the same issue... I try to log in with FB and my playlists will display for a split second and then it will switch to the login page for email login. There isn't much to see in terms of screenshots.

Also, this is happening on our Android phones, so its difficult to do a screenshot.

They got about another week to figure this out or peace.

Same issue for me as well with my Droid Razr. I can't log in, then if I select to sign in through Facebook it takes me in a circle where I end up back at the regular log in page anyway. This needs to be addressed, I don't want to pay $10 a month for a service that doesn't work.

Hey guys,

I think I found a solution: on my Android, during the split second before the second login request pops up, I pressed a playlist selection. Then, once the popup came up, I was able to press the back button to go back to that playlist selection. And, so far that seems to work.

Basically, but quickly entering a new request then using the back button, was able to get around the second login request. So far, it has been working now for the last 24 hours.

Try it and see if it will work for you!

No matter what, however, this is a fault in the Android App for Spotify and they need to fix it!!

Spotify support, I had cancelled my subscription prior to this issue arising, however. I wish my access to be terminated immediately and a full credit be issued back to my form of payment. I have no use for this service other than with my phone. Please advise.

@user-removed wrote:
Spotify support, I had cancelled my subscription prior to this issue arising, however. I wish my access to be terminated immediately and a full credit be issued back to my form of payment. I have no use for this service other than with my phone. Please advise.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

As this is a billing query and you are requesting a refund you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey all. When you get to that screen again after logging in just select "I'm new to spotify. Let's go" and it'll take you straight in (as long as you logged in OK to start with)

Annoying, confusing, but it works!

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Mine is doing the same thing. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app. What is up? 

Im having the same issue, facebook login, spotify login both work for like 2mins then im logged out again 

I'm having the same exact issue! The logging in with facebook and then selecting "I'm new to Spotify sign me up" worked to get in, but then now i have to log in with Facebook every single time i use the app! What a pain in the butt, FIX IT SPOTIFY! I'm paying money for this the least you can do is fix the app.

I've been having the same problem, and was getting pretty frustrated.  But now it's getting worse, it logs me in for that brief moment everyone's mentioned, and then stops working, I get the "Spotify has stopped working" screen and it blacks out.  Not sure if this is worse, since it didn't work before either, but seems to be a further escalation of the problem for both my Galaxy SIII phone, and my Galaxy tablet.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Hey Spotify, I loved your service until a week ago when this started happening. Why would you do this to me? What have I done to you? What I think is causing it is a message that comes up after logging in that says "Discover great music with your friends"  It is messing everything up on andriod. Please please take this message away or I will be really offended and go back to lving under a rock and unsubscibing from premium. 

I also have this problem. I tried the workaround to click on 'I'm new to Spotify' but this only takes you to a free Premium trial for 24 hours. I want to access my own account, which I log into via Facebook on my laptop. I've tried changing FB emails and passwords, generating passwords for other devices, and quite a few other tactics and am getting a bit fed up now. I've been paying for Premium for some months now but haven't been able to access it on my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S2). 

Maybe Spotify moderator can give an update on whether this is going to be fixed? 

Suggested posts