Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

audio stops playing at the start of some songs

audio stops playing at the start of some songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Pixel 7

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

every once in a while ill be listening to an album, playlist or queue and a song will come on, except the audio just doesnt play. idk why, it just doesnt. it says the music isnt paused and the progress bar moves as usual, but theres just no sound, and the only way to get it to play sound again is to just play another song and go back to the one u were listening to

10 Replies

Hey @fatfard4,

Thank you for reaching to the Community and welcome. 

This type of issue with the sound of the app is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device. So first, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking on a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out. 

Lastly, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

ive tried to do a clean reinstall twice but its still happening. and also i mostly use my phone to listen to music and i kinda feel like changing my listening habits for the sake of a bug fix is a bit much to ask, so sorry abt that. im on version 8.9.52.552 tho if that helps

Hi there @fatfard4,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you checked if it happens with a different internet connection? You can try using a different WiFi or check if it also happens when using your mobile data.

On another note, using another device will help us let us know if this is a bug with the app, or if it's an account-related issue. As we haven't been able to replicate the behavior from our side, it's something we need to check. So if you have the chance, please log in with your account from a different device. As mentioned, it can be a relative or friend's device. Or you can use the app or  Web Player on a computer.

We'll be here!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

the issue is that it doesnt happen frequently enough for me to be able to quickly check on another device tho. if that were the case id do it no problem, but i might have to use it for a few hours before i run into the issue again. ill let ye know if i encounter it on my laptop, but idk if it will given that i dont use spotify on there too often. but i will add that last time it happened it was while using wifi. ill keep an eye on it and see does it happen with my mobile data

ok, so its been a couple days and its happened on my phone several times while on wifi and once on mobile data, but it hasnt happened for me on pc or ps5 (also using the same wifi) from the hour or so ive used each

hope this helps

Hey @fatfard4,

Thanks for your reply and the additional info.

Can you check if you have any battery- or memory-optimizing services or apps enabled on your phone? Also, does this happen when playing through the phone's speaker or when connected to a Bluetooth device?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

its possible that its happened once or twice with my phones battery saver turned on, but i havent noticed any correlation between the two. and ill also add that i almost always use either my bluetooth earbuds or speaker to listen to music

Hey @fatfard4,

Thanks for your reply and for all the info shared.

There are a couple of things you can try next:

• Go to your mobile settings, locate the Pause App activity if unused feature under Spotify.
  • Soft reset the Spotify Connect in Background feature. To do it, go to Spotify's settings> Devices. Toggle it off and on.

Now, just to confirm, does this happen only when listening to music through a Bluetooth device/speaker? Do those support Bluetooth multipoint? If yes, it's possible your devices are trying to pair and play music from another source, even if no music is playing on other paired devices. In that sense, try disconnecting and restarting your Bluetooth devices.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

i apologise for the time its taken for me to get back to u, but i think after u initially posted ur last reply i did try soft resetting the spotify connect in background feature, but the issue has still persisted since then. but that said, ive just tried it again so ill get back to u on how that goes

as for ur suggestion on multipoint, i did begin to wonder that myself, but since then i have turned off multipoint on my earbuds and also used devices that dont support multipoint like my portable bluetooth speaker and my dads car stereo and have still encountered the issue regardless

also, just one question: what did u mean to say with locating pause app activity in background in the mobile settings? u never specified whether to try turning it on or off

Hey @fatfard4,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! And kudos adding additional details here.

What you could also try in this case, just to make sure we cover all bases, is to toggle off the following features:

• Gapless playback - found in the app's Settings > Playback.
  • Equalizer - also found in Settings > Audio Quality.

On another note, the feature Pause App activity if unused should be toggled off in the device's settings.

Cheers!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts