Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! IDK how everyone is ok with this

Really Spotify , really ...My songs and playlist everything downloaded for offline just keeps disappearing, and i have to download it again and again i dont f****** get it. It keeps happening and the songs that disappear are super random, sometimes s...

• Visitor
  • Really Spotify , really ... My songs and playlist everything downloaded for offline just keeps disappearing, and i have to download it again and again i dont f****** get it. It keeps happening and t...
  • 子猫の手
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Smaller album art after an update

Album art in the main player view got smaller after one of the updates few weeks ago on my LG K4 LTE (Android 5.1.1).It's now permanently rescaled to the same size like when the app detects Spotify running on a remote device, clearing the cache and r...

• Visitor
  • Album art in the main player view got smaller after one of the updates few weeks ago on my LG K4 LTE (Android 5.1.1). It's now permanently rescaled to the same size like when the app ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Player switches output from PC back to phone after BT headset phone call

For some reason, if I have Spotify open in my phone and PC (music playing on the latter), it keeps switching audio output back to phone from PC after I take a phonecall with my BT headset. Any ideas as to why it keeps doing so? Environment:PC: Lenovo...

• For some reason, if I have Spotify open in my phone and PC (music playing on the latter), it keeps switching audio output back to phone from PC after I take a phonecall with my BT headset. Any ideas ...
  • rangleyourangle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android][Other] Play queue is broken!

There are alot of problems with play queue and the list, that shows following songs and especially in suffle mode. Following observations are made using a premium account on Sony Experia Z1.When an album or playlist is played in suffle, the following...

• Music Fan
  • There are alot of problems with play queue and the list, that shows following songs and especially in suffle mode. Following observations are made using a premium account on Sony Experia Z1. When an...
  • Jauza
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

play list not updating between computer and phone

I have tried putting my phone into offline mode and then back to online mode. I have turned it to offline mode, closed the app then re started it and put it back to online. I made sure i was connected to my wifi with spotify open on my computer, put ...

• Regular
  • I have tried putting my phone into offline mode and then back to online mode. I have turned it to offline mode, closed the app then re started it and put it back to online. I made sure i was con...
  • RogueDown
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't reorder my songs

I noticed a while ago that I couldn't edit the order of my songs in my own playlists, on my android device. It was odd because I could do it on my previous one, which as iOS. I can do it on my computer but I don't want to have to turn it on everytime...

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed a while ago that I couldn't edit the order of my songs in my own playlists, on my android device. It was odd because I could do it on my previous one, which as iOS. I can do it on my comput...
  • Borowscy
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pauses

Listenning to music and it just randomly stops.. its been 3 weeks! I tried pretty much everythng. Uninstall app. Restart phone. Logged out everywhere. Help.

• Listenning to music and it just randomly stops.. its been 3 weeks! I tried pretty much everythng. Uninstall app. Restart phone. Logged out everywhere. Help.
  • anbarasu
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify why has it stoped

Why am I receiving the message Spotify stopped how do I really start it on android

• Casual Listener
  • Why am I receiving the message Spotify stopped how do I really start it on android
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont stream over data connection

Spotify wont play music over data connection. Wifi works fine. I've went into the settings and made sure the streaming setting was set to automatic. I've deleted the cache and i've also deleted and reinstalled the app and the problem persists. my dat...

• Regular
  • Spotify wont play music over data connection. Wifi works fine. I've went into the settings and made sure the streaming setting was set to automatic. I've deleted the cache and i've also deleted and r...
  • Kingfry7
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops playing when running on background

My Spotify stops playing after a couple of seconds when it's streaming on background or does not start next song in same conditions.This doesn't happen if I keep Spotify in 1st plan or if the song is downloaded on my phone.If I go back to the app (on...

• My Spotify stops playing after a couple of seconds when it's streaming on background or does not start next song in same conditions. This doesn't happen if I keep Spotify in 1st plan or if the song ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PROBLEM WITH ONE ALBUM

Hello, sorry for my bad english (i'm italian, yes pizza pepperoni xdxd)I'm playing a album "ZZALA" on my s7 and so far so good.*Open Spotify*Click on a random song on the album and MAGIC no song starts except one, ok this is funny for what i'm playin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, sorry for my bad english (i'm italian, yes pizza pepperoni xdxd) I'm playing a album "ZZALA" on my s7 and so far so good. *Open Spotify* Click on a random song on the album and MAGIC no son...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Someone please help me remove this device

This device (screenshot included) keeps hijacking my account and changing my music when I listen as well as deleting my saved songs. It's always playing Spanish music and I've tried changing my password, and removing it from offline devices and tried...

• This device (screenshot included) keeps hijacking my account and changing my music when I listen as well as deleting my saved songs. It's always playing Spanish music and I've tried changing my passw...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android][Offline] I can't listen music from my computer on my cellphone

I'm facing a problem , i have a couple of musics on my desktop and sync. with my computer and i'm able to listen normally , the problem occours when i try to use the offilne option on my cellphone and it's say " This song isn't Available" , i'm alred...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm facing a problem , i have a couple of musics on my desktop and sync. with my computer  and i'm able to listen normally , the problem occours when i try to use the offilne option on my cellph...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution NÃO VERIFICARAM A MINHA CONTA NO PLANO FAMILIAR

Gente, vocês sabem com quem eu reclamo por não ter a minha conta verificada no plano familiar? Estou tentando entrar no plano familiar aqui de casa e toda hora eles falam que eu não estou no mesmo endereço do pessoal aqui de casa.

• Gente, vocês sabem com quem eu reclamo por não ter a minha conta verificada no plano familiar?    Estou tentando entrar no plano familiar aqui de casa e toda hora eles falam que eu não es...
  • nobrejade34
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Restarts freezes and sometimes restarts my phone

Everytime i have WiFi on and open Spotify my mobile phone freezes , and sometimes restarts the device When i don't have wifi on it just simply freezes for 5 minutes before allowing me to playback ... I'm using HTC One M7Android 5.0.2Htc Sense 6Softwa...

• Regular
  • Everytime i have WiFi on and open Spotify my mobile phone freezes , and sometimes restarts the device    When i don't have wifi on it just simply freezes for 5 minutes before allowing me ...
  • Polys
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing works!

Hello all,For the last two days my spotify has been really messed up. When I open it it takes about two minutes to load anything, then random songs sometimes play. Nothing will load no matter which account I use and i cant play any songs. I have free...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all, For the last two days my spotify has been really messed up. When I open it it takes about two minutes to load anything, then random songs sometimes play. Nothing will load no matter which...
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I rearrange tracks in my playlist but they jumps back to their former place.

I use my PC to rearrange the tracks in my playlist but for some reason they don't remain in their new position but jumps back their former place. Very annoying.When I compare the same playlist in my android samsung and PC the tracknumber i different....

• Regular
  • I use my PC to rearrange the tracks in my playlist but for some reason they don't remain in their new position but jumps back their former place. Very annoying. When I compare the same playlist in...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast audio only visible if I use my tablet

To play spotify using the new chromecast audio I use my Windows PC, a Nexus 7 tablet or my Moto G-2015 phone. But I only can find and control chromecast on my Windows PC or my phone if I first connect chromecast audio on my Nexus tablet. The chromeca...

• Regular
  • To play spotify using the new chromecast audio I use my Windows PC, a Nexus 7 tablet or my Moto G-2015 phone. But I only can find and control chromecast on my Windows PC or my phone if I first connec...
  • inky-dinky
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    PC
  • 19 replies
  • 2 likes

Syncing/downloading tracks on multiple devices

I've signed in on multiple devices. I want to be able to download specific tracks to one device rather then having them download on both devices.At the moment when I put device 1 in offline mode and download tracks on device 2, then switch device 1 i...

• Casual Listener
  • I've signed in on multiple devices. I want to be able to download specific tracks to one device rather then having them download on both devices. At the moment when I put device 1 in offline mode an...
  • fredsinator
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app causing my phone to shut down

I have a Samsung Galaxy A7. I was messing around with the Spotify Connect feature, and my phone shut down. Now every time I open the Spotify app and try play a song, the phone shuts down. Any ideas?

• I have a Samsung Galaxy A7. I was messing around with the Spotify Connect feature, and my phone shut down. Now every time I open the Spotify app and try play a song, the phone shuts down. Any ideas?
  • jfert
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes