Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast - unreliable playback?

I've got the newest generation Chromecast with the latest firmware. Playing seems to work fine for music/playlists that I have offline but it SEEMS to fail 100% of the time for playlists/songs that are NOT downloaded. This seems counter-intuitive bec...

• I've got the newest generation Chromecast with the latest firmware. Playing seems to work fine for music/playlists that I have offline but it SEEMS to fail 100% of the time for playlists/songs that a...
  • juanlive-6
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unlink Last.fm from Spotify

I linked my Last.fm account to my Spotify and decided to delete my Last.fm account because I don't make use of it that much. After deleting it, I tried to unlink it from my Spotify/deactivating it through the app's settings. Every now and then, it wo...

• Music Fan
  • I linked my Last.fm account to my Spotify and decided to delete my Last.fm account because I don't make use of it that much. After deleting it, I tried to unlink it from my Spotify/deactivating it th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I remove a song from a playlist? (Android)

I see multiple posts that say you can do this but when I press the menu (3 dots) I do not get a "remove song from playlist" or "delete" option. If I have to hear "Colder Weather" from the Zac Brown band - literally 3 times an hour on the Spotify Chri...

• Casual Listener
  • I see multiple posts that say you can do this but when I press the menu (3 dots) I do not get a "remove song from playlist" or "delete" option.  If I have to hear "Colder Weather" from the Zac B...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlist feature
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook

BonjourJe n'arrive pas à me dissocier de mon ancien compte Spotify/Facebook, et depuis je n'arrive pas à me connecter avec mon nouveau compte.Jessie

• Bonjour Je n'arrive pas à me dissocier de mon ancien compte Spotify/Facebook, et depuis je n'arrive pas à me connecter avec mon nouveau compte. Jessie
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot login on android

Please. Help I cannot login on Android. I have reset the password twice already

• Please. Help I cannot login on Android. I have reset the password twice already
  • jonasherdegen
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

cant redeem

why cant redeem thw spotify code invitation

• why cant redeem thw spotify code invitation
  • jonasherdegen
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music stops playing when receiving whatsapp messages

Hi there, I've been going through various threads and been searching for a solution /answer but am not able to identify one. I know that when I receive a whatsapp message, the notification will interrupt Spotify and will basically put the song I play...

• Regular
  • Hi there, I've been going through various threads and been searching for a solution /answer but am not able to identify one. I know that when I receive a whatsapp message, the notification will inter...
  • AdrianHK
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle could be better

Why is it that, when I have Spotify Premium on shuffle, I only get a very limited number of songs played over and over. Why can't the shuffle feature be improved, so that all the songs are played, like with other music services?

• Why is it that, when I have Spotify Premium on shuffle, I only get a very limited number of songs played over and over. Why can't the shuffle feature be improved, so that all the songs are played, li...
  • Shirokii
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Samsung galaxy s4

Why doesnt spotify just be honest and tell people their app doesnt work for mobile

• Why doesnt spotify just be honest and tell people their app doesnt work for mobile
  • gchippendale
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • No Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Appear to be trying to log in from another country

Searched but couldn't find similar; been using spotify on my kindle for 6 weeks and registered it and live in Ireland. Today it logged me out and when I try to log back in I get the log in from a different country message - I can't even find spotify ...

• Searched but couldn't find similar; been using spotify on my kindle for 6 weeks and registered it and live in Ireland.   Today it logged me out and when I try to log back in I get the log in...
  • mister_e
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Error

solo me deja inciar sesion en mi ordenador pero no en mi movil y ni en mi tablet cuando pongo los datos de correo usuario contraseña en el movil y tablet me da error de o el usario o la contraseña pero no cuando incio en el pc todo esto lo ago es su ...

• solo me deja inciar sesion en mi ordenador pero no en mi movil y ni en mi tablet cuando pongo los datos de correo usuario  contraseña en el movil y tablet  me da error de o el usario o la c...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium not working

Hello,I am a Spotify premium member for about a year now and at 7th of March I payed again (it is payed automatically every month) but today after patching to the new version spotify only allows random playing of the songs and it looks like I dont ha...

• Regular
  • Hello, I am a Spotify premium member for about a year now and at 7th of March I payed again (it is payed automatically every month) but today after patching to the new version spotify only allows ra...
  • isaraswaty
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops streaming randomly every 5 minutes.

The problem: unless I'm listening to downloaded songs, the stream just stops. It stops mid-song and for no apparent reason. Note that the stream isn't technically paused (the pause button is still there) but for all intents and purposes, it just stop...

• Casual Listener
  • The problem: unless I'm listening to downloaded songs, the stream just stops. It stops mid-song and for no apparent reason. Note that the stream isn't technically paused (the pause button is still th...
  • Jj5959
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App on Galaxy S7

I've been attempting to log-in to my spotify account on my Galaxy S7 for the last day or so and everytime i put in my email and password it states that something is wrong. I have reset my password to make sure that all the information i have entered ...

• I've been attempting to log-in to my spotify account on my Galaxy S7 for the last day or so and everytime i put in my email and password it states that something is wrong. I have reset my password to...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Duplicating Scrobbles

I tested others music players, but only Spotify is duplicating last.fm's scrobbles. How can i fix that ?

• I tested others music players, but only Spotify is duplicating last.fm's scrobbles. How can i fix that ?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I pay with credit card

when i want to pay by credit card leaves he tells me there^s a problem whit my card and to pay with 3 diferent card and will no let me

• when i want to pay by credit card  leaves he tells me there^s a problem  whit my card and  to pay with 3 diferent card and  will no let me
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to stop my individual premium account.

I want to stop my individual premium account because i want to get the family premium account.

• I want to stop my individual premium account because i want to get the family premium account.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping/pausing tracks impossible via bluetooth

Hi experts!I've recently upgraded my Spotify app on Android to version 5.5.0.653 on my Samsung Galaxy S5.Since the upgrade, I cannot skip or pause tracks with the buttons of my bluetooth headset or with the buttons of my car stereo.Before, everything...

• Hi experts! I've recently upgraded my Spotify app on Android to version 5.5.0.653 on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Since the upgrade, I cannot skip or pause tracks with the buttons of my bluetooth headse...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Still no Podcasts or New Shows Menu????

I'm a premium member and running 3.1.0.1117 on Android BUT STILL no new menu that adds Podcasts or Shows? How long will take until I see is added?

• I'm a premium member and running 3.1.0.1117 on Android BUT STILL no new menu that adds Podcasts or Shows?  How long will take until I see is added? 
  • riscum
  • 26 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 12 likes

Can't send songs to certain Facebook friend

Description When I try to send a song or playlist to my friend on Facebook on my android, her name does not show up when I type in her name. I can send the song to any other friend and I can send any song to her on the desktop version of Spotify. (My...

Desktop.png Screenshot_2014-12-13-12-56-10.png Screenshot_2014-12-13-12-56-25.png
  • Description When I try to send a song or playlist to my friend on Facebook on my android, her name does not show up when I type in her name. I can send the song to any other friend and I can send...
  • ziomas3
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes