Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Save Music on sd-card

Hey guys, im currently struggling with the Problem trat i am not able to save my Music on the Sd-card, just on my Phone. If i try to convert the files to the sd-card it always "Has a problem"I have a Sony Xperia m4 if that helps.Trank you!:)

• Hey guys, im currently struggling with the Problem trat i am not able to save my Music on the Sd-card, just on my Phone. If i try to convert the files to the sd-card it always "Has a problem" I have...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting tracks in playlists on Android.

It's ridiculous that Spotify doesn't care what the users want. I've seen multiple threads about this issue over several years, and still this feature is missing from Android. How do we push spotify to add this feature to Android? If Spotify doesn't c

• <p>It's ridiculous that Spotify doesn't care what the users want. I've seen multiple threads about this issue over several years, and still this feature is missing from Android. How do we push ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't undownload

So on my old phone I had over 2000 songs on Spotify and a lot of it was downloaded for offline but some of it wasn't so that they only played online. I got a new phone and just downloaded everything at once for times sake and would just undownload th...

• Casual Listener
  • So on my old phone I had over 2000 songs on Spotify and a lot of it was downloaded for offline but some of it wasn't so that they only played online. I got a new phone and just downloaded everything ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops sometimes in premium

Hello, i have samsung galaxy a5, when i play in my premium spotify through bluethoot on android 5, after some songs playing, it stops, and the only way to continue playing is to put on my screen, go to spotify app and pull play button, what is the pr...

• Hello, i have samsung galaxy a5, when i play in my premium spotify through bluethoot on android 5, after some songs playing, it stops, and the only way to continue playing is to put on my screen, go ...
  • Metamora
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast audio keeps stopping

Until a few weeks ago I was loving using Spotify via Chromecast audio. But an update some point seems to have ruined it. If one scrolls through a couple of songs it shows as playing but no sound. Often have to then stop casting via the Chromecast app...

• Regular
  • Until a few weeks ago I was loving using Spotify via Chromecast audio. But an update some point seems to have ruined it. If one scrolls through a couple of songs it shows as playing but no sound. Oft...
  • Sparkytwo
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't play certain songs

Just upgraded to premium, and about half of the songs i have saved that i listened to before premium will not play. It just automatically skips over them. They still show up on my playlist but will not let me play the songs.

• Just upgraded to premium, and about half of the songs i have saved that i listened to before premium will not play. It just automatically skips over them. They still show up on my playlist but will n...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Library option not responding

Okay So I open up Spotify on my Android device. All of the options: Search, Home, Browse and Radio work. But the tab 'Your Library' does not respond, hardly opening nor giving me an error message I've tried logging out and back in, reinstalling the a...

• Okay So I open up Spotify on my Android device. All of the options: Search, Home, Browse and Radio work. But the tab 'Your Library' does not respond, hardly opening nor giving me an error message &n...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing music randomly

Hey Spotify community,I am a Spotify Premium user and using Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.2.The music stops playing randomly but frequently. I read in several forum about other users with the same problem. Is there any solution ava...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Spotify community, I am a Spotify Premium user and using Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.2. The music stops playing randomly but frequently. I read in several forum about oth...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Fast Scroll Button missing after update

Hey guys,after I have done the latest Spotify update, I can't use this "fast scroll" option in my playlist view. It's very annoying to scroll down 500 songs by swiping and swiping.Will this green bar come back?Regards

• Hey guys, after I have done the latest Spotify update, I can't use this "fast scroll" option in my playlist view. It's very annoying to scroll down 500 songs by swiping and swiping. Will this g...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! trouble sorting playlists

I want to sort my plalists, and I'm trying to following the instructions here: https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/sorting-and-filtering I have no problem opening the playlist I want to sort, but I don't know how to: "Pull dow...

• Gig Goer
  • I want to sort my plalists, and I'm trying to following the instructions here:   https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/sorting-and-filtering   I have no problem op...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Data Usage?

First, let me admit that I am brand new to streaming and Spotify so don't be too harsh! I am going on a road trip next week and I just want to confirm that what I think is correct.I have a premium account and I have downloaded my playlists to "offlin...

• Visitor
  • First, let me admit that I am brand new to streaming and Spotify so don't be too harsh! 😉 I am going on a road trip next week and I just want to confirm that what I think is correct. I have a ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data usage
    Offline Access
    Offline listening
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Notifications are in Spanish

All my Spotify notifications are in Spanish. This is strange because none of the devices or computers connected to Spotify are set to Spanish. Anyone esLee seeing this?Nexus 5 - 6.0.1 -Spotify 4.9.0.992

• Regular
  • All my Spotify notifications are in Spanish. This is strange because none of the devices or computers connected to Spotify are set to Spanish. Anyone es Lee seeing this? Nexus 5 - 6.0.1 - Spotif...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files on Android

Good Morning I got a problem when i try to add local files on my spotify account.They reproduce without problems on my PC; but when i try to listen to them in my Android phone, some play and some not.The ones that didn't play says "this song isn´t av...

• Casual Listener
  • Good Morning   I got a problem when i try to add local files on my spotify account. They reproduce without problems on my PC; but when i try to listen to them in my Android phone, some play a...
  • DanielShtrada
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

lokale dateinen

Hallo, ich habe dass problem, dass lokale dateien nicht auf android herunter geladen werden. Am pc klappt es, und ich habe alle schritte befolgt aber es klappt einfach nicht. Ich hoffe irgendwer kann mir helfen

• Regular
  • Hallo, ich habe dass problem, dass lokale dateien nicht auf android herunter geladen werden. Am pc klappt es, und ich habe alle schritte befolgt aber es klappt einfach nicht. Ich hoffe irgendwer kann...
  • beatsmusic88
  • Regular
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Electronic
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

PS4/Android App and sync

Hi, Attempting to play music through my PS4 via the android app. App is saying that devices are available, yet when I click on that I'm getting the PS4 icon greyed out with the message saying 'Can't play this right now'.Can anyone shed any light as t...

• Hi,   Attempting to play music through my PS4 via the android app. App is saying that devices are available, yet when I click on that I'm getting the PS4 icon greyed out with the message sayin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I have premium

But I am paying for premium and I can't rewind songs this is that makes me mad.

• But I am paying for premium and I can't rewind songs this is that makes me mad.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Only playing about 20 songs out of a 300 song playlist

Maybe I would pay for premium if I thought it would work. Your "shuffle" only plays roughly 20 songs out of my playlist of over 300 songs, which I have deleted out of frustration. I've grown to be sick of some of my favorite songs because of your def...

• Maybe I would pay for premium if I thought it would work. Your "shuffle" only plays roughly 20 songs out of my playlist of over 300 songs, which I have deleted out of frustration. I've grown to be si...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Inicio de sesión

No puedo iniciar sesión en Spotify con mi sesión de Facebook me aparece usuarios y contraseña inválido

• No puedo iniciar sesión en Spotify con mi sesión de Facebook me aparece usuarios y contraseña inválido
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Green Scrollbar Disappeared

On previous versions of the Android app, when a user would press and hold on the scrollbar, a green, larger scrollbar would appear on top of the smaller, grey scrollbar. This green scrollbar was draggable, allowing for swift navigation of giant playl...

• Casual Listener
  • On previous versions of the Android app, when a user would press and hold on the scrollbar, a green, larger scrollbar would appear on top of the smaller, grey scrollbar. This green scrollbar was drag...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Lockscreen fullscreen widget Android 5.0/6.0?

I use Spotify mostly in my car, as I drive around 2 hours every day. The current widget when the screen is locked is so tiny and has a X right next to the skip track button, so I constantly close the player unintentionally. This is a terrible design....

• Roadie
  • I use Spotify mostly in my car, as I drive around 2 hours every day. The current widget when the screen is locked is so tiny and has a X right next to the skip track button, so I constantly close the...
  • jonasherdegen
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes