Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Stopps after 1 Song Wien reconnected to mercedes car

The Song Thatcher was startet before is planung to the end of the Song the the complete playlist stops and i habe to shut down the App and restart the the playlist runs without problems

• Visitor
  • The Song Thatcher was startet before is planung to the end of the Song the the complete playlist stops and i habe to shut down the App and restart the the playlist runs without problems
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't add my playlists on homescreen

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemQ (Android 10) My Question or IssueI have always been able to add my playlists to my homescreen (which I find aesthetically pleasing), but lately it has come to my attention tha...

• Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ Operating System Q (Android 10)   My Question or Issue I have always been able to add my playlists to my homescreen (whic...
  • blk146
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hallo! Ich habe am 12.12. von Spotify duo auf familiy gewechselt. Seitdem

seitdem kann meine Duo Partnerin nicht mehr auf spotify zugreifen.Meine Stieftochter kann ich bei Familiy nicht anmelden.

• Visitor
  • seitdem kann meine Duo Partnerin nicht mehr auf spotify zugreifen. Meine Stieftochter kann ich bei Familiy nicht anmelden.
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android go

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerland DeviceRuggear rg 360Operating SystemAndroid go My Question or Issuedoes spotify run on android go? Are there any Restriktion?

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Switzerland  Device Ruggear rg 360 Operating System Android go   My Question or Issue does spotify run on android go? Are there any Restriktion? &nbs...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local file transfers on android constantly breaking

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceSamsung Galaxy S21 Operating SystemAndroid I've been using local files on spotify for years, and it seems like it never just works. i mostly transfer music onto spotify from my laptop and then download them onto my phone...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Norway Device Samsung Galaxy S21  Operating System Android   I've been using local files on spotify for years, and it seems like it never just works. i...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not Sticking to Playlist

Hi,Recently when I'm listening on my phone it doesn't stick to my playlist and it goes off and plays random songs, usually in the same genre, but it's still annoying. I've done a quick search and the only thing I found about the same problem was from...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Recently when I'm listening on my phone it doesn't stick to my playlist and it goes off and plays random songs, usually in the same genre, but it's still annoying.   I've done a quick sea...
  • Dylanjv0
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Won't play after being on pause for a long time

Starting a few days ago (12/10/22) I started having problems with Spotify on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra). Whenever I pause playback for a long stretch (+10 minutes) and then try to resume playback, Spotify will play the rest of whatever song ...

• Visitor
  • Starting a few days ago (12/10/22) I started having problems with Spotify on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra). Whenever I pause playback for a long stretch (+10 minutes) and then try to resume pla...
  • Prefdavid
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why won't spotify play when I'm not on the app? It keeps stopping my music.

I will start to play music on my android phone and then whenever I go to use any other app my music will stop playing and I will need to close the app and then go back onto Spotify for it to play again.

• Visitor
  • I will start to play music on my android phone and then whenever I go to use any other app my music will stop playing and I will need to close the app and then go back onto Spotify for it to play aga...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't link up

The icon shows up on the app, but won't link up

• Visitor
  • The icon shows up on the app, but won't link up
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My music stops playing some time (5sec) after my mobile is switched off.

Some Songs stop playing when the screen is switched off due to inactivity or manually (while the music is still playing). A few seconds later the music stops, I have to switch the phone on, open spotify again and press play again. The song is resetet...

• Visitor
  • Some Songs stop playing when the screen is switched off due to inactivity or manually (while the music is still playing). A few seconds later the music stops, I have to switch the phone on, open spot...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music restarts after pause

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMotorola X4 (Android One)Operating System(Android Pie (9)) My Question or IssueWhen I press pause, the music automatically resumes after about 5 seconds.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Motorola X4 (Android One) Operating System (Android Pie (9))   My Question or Issue When I press pause, the music automatically resumes after about 5 se...
  • dventer
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Custom playlist cover not showing up when sharing to social media

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8/Microsoft Surface Pro 4Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 9.0 "Pie" /Windows 10 My Question or IssueI made some custom covers for several of my Spotify playlists in GIMP on the PC. I added them on my PC and c...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device Samsung Galaxy S8/Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Operating System Android Oreo 9.0 "Pie" /Windows 10   My Question or Issue I made some custom covers f...
  • djsnnwkkd
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 31 likes

Superuser Contribution Canvas is not working

Canvas is not there in my app and also option for canvas is not there

• Casual Listener
  • Canvas is not there in my app and also option for canvas is not there
  • balint94
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify automatically plays sleep playlist at night

My phone automatically started playing "This is Deep Sleep Music Therapy" playlist at roughly 3am. I have no other people signed into my account. I heard this was a bixby or google clock thing, but i do not have bedtime settings or bixby routine sett...

• My phone automatically started playing "This is Deep Sleep Music Therapy" playlist at roughly 3am. I have no other people signed into my account. I heard this was a bixby or google clock thing, but i...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle only on Chromebook

PlanFreeCountryArgentinaDeviceSamsung Chromebook Plus v2Operating SystemChrome OS 78.0.3904.92 My Question or IssueFrom one day to the other, my Chromebook can only shuffle play with the free plan on the , same behavior as on phones. This wasn't happ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Argentina Device Samsung Chromebook Plus v2 Operating System Chrome OS 78.0.3904.92   My Question or Issue From one day to the other, my Chromebook can only shuf...
  • ArianaGrandeButera
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Yet another reason Spotify is a terrible music service.

Downloaded songs gone, playlists not marked for download:I've read the Spotify Support response to this issue here:https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/troubleshooting/listen-offline-troubleshooting/> Downloads unexpectedly removedTo put it s...

• Music Fan
  • Downloaded songs gone, playlists not marked for download: I've read the Spotify Support response to this issue here: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/troubleshooting/listen-offline-trou...
  • EarHax
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 13 likes
  • App Development
    Downloaded music disappears
    Offline Content
  • 6 replies
  • 13 likes

Superuser Contribution Continuous Problems With Queuing Playlist Folders On Mobile App

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDevicePixel 6aOperating SystemAndroid 13 (the most recent version) I am not asking for help on this issue, as I’ve already tried everything I possibly can for my issues months before, and have been repeating ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States of America Device Pixel 6a Operating System Android 13 (the most recent version)   I am not asking for help on this issue, as I’ve already tried every...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug report
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change default player.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceSamsung Galaxy 10Operating SystemAndroid 12My Question or IssueWhen I try to play an mp3 file on my phone it opens spotify without giving me any other application option (I tried the "open with" option but it ope...

• Plan Premium Country United States  Device Samsung Galaxy 10 Operating System Android 12 My Question or Issue When I try to play an mp3 file on my phone it opens spotify without giving ...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • default player
    LocalFiles
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops playing after other sound is played

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceXiaomi Redmi 9 Note ProOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueMusic stops playing after another sound is played on my phone. After the song just played ends, the music stops and cannot be turned on again. In the...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Xiaomi Redmi 9 Note Pro Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Music stops playing after another sound is played on my phone. After the ...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs are no longer downloading

PlanPremium DuoCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20+ 5GOperating SystemAndroid 13Spotify Version8.7.90.544 My Question or IssueSongs stop downloading after a certain amount of downloads. Next to the "heart" icon, the download shows a perpetually swi...

• Plan Premium Duo Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G Operating System Android 13 Spotify Version 8.7.90.544   My Question or Issue Songs stop downloading after a certain amo...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes