Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! lockscreen

Anyone have a problem with the galaxy s5 after the software update. My spotify widget wont work

• Anyone have a problem with the galaxy s5 after the software update. My spotify widget wont work
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify triggar batterimeddelande-spam från systemet

Jag är osäker på om det är något specifikt för LG eller om det gäller alla Andoid 5.0-lurar, men min telefon visar mig gång på gång meddelandet "Det här programmet använder mycket batteri. Stäng av programmet för att spara batteri". Det dyker upp rel...

• Jag är osäker på om det är något specifikt för LG eller om det gäller alla Andoid 5.0-lurar, men min telefon visar mig gång på gång meddelandet "Det här programmet använder mycket batteri. Stäng...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files

Why I am not able to play my (PC) local files on my phone anymore? I put a local file to a playlist from my pc, let it sync to my phone, but the local files stay grayed out on my phone and says this song is unavailable... What's the deal? Even using ...

• Casual Listener
  • Why I am not able to play my (PC) local files on my phone anymore? I put a local file to a playlist from my pc, let it sync to my phone, but the local files stay grayed out on my phone and says ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

notification/media player problem

hi... im having a big trouble... 1) when a notificacion (whatsapp, message or sistem notificacion) rings spotify music turns down but the notificacion doesnt sound or is too low that i cant listen to it i have to close spotify (from recent apps) when...

• Casual Listener
  • hi... im having a big trouble...    1) when a notificacion (whatsapp, message or sistem notificacion) rings spotify music turns down but the notificacion doesnt sound or is too low that...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

missing download folder

I click download in spotify but when i go into file manager i cant find where the songs are downloaded. Also when i find them how do i load them to my sd so they are not taking up all my internal memory.

• I click download in spotify but when i go into file manager i cant find where the songs are downloaded. Also when i find them how do i load them to my sd so they are not taking up all my internal mem...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth A2DP issue?

Hi Whenever I use bluetooth headphones I have to manually press next to play the next track. With bluetooth off all tracks play with no problem. Why is that? I have a Sony MW600 bluetooth.

• Regular
  • Hi   Whenever I use bluetooth headphones I have to manually press next to play the next track. With bluetooth off all tracks play with no problem. Why is that?   I have a Sony ...
  • very_452001
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Help: Unlinked local tracks stay linked on mobile

Hi I am using android and have spotify premium. When I downloaded a remix album and added it to spotify, spotify automatically linked several of the local tracks to non-remixed spotify tracks. Obviously I didn't want this so I unlinked them all by ri...

• Hi   I am using android and have spotify premium.   When I downloaded a remix album and added it to spotify, spotify automatically linked several of the local tracks to non-remixed ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 30 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Change from random to normal

When i'm using my device to play music offline, is there any way to change the order songs are reproduced from normal to random, without touching mt screen, only with the buttons of my mobile phone?

• When i'm using my device to play music offline, is there any way to change the order songs are reproduced from normal to random, without touching mt screen, only with the buttons of my mobile phone?
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! deleting cache

if i delet my cache and move it to my Sd card will i still have my playlist??

• Casual Listener
  • if i delet my cache and move it to my Sd card will i still have my playlist??
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Android mouse problem

Hello, I am using a wireless mouse that is connected to my tablet(Car GPS Navigation on Kitkat). When I start spotify and play music for a while, the mouse clicks stop working. The Mouse pointer is still working normal but the the unit does not react...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I am using a wireless mouse that is connected to my tablet(Car GPS Navigation on Kitkat). When I start spotify and play music for a while, the mouse clicks stop working. The Mouse p...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

download si\ongs evey day

Hi. I need some help. I have spotify premium. I have downloaded the song that I listen to most. But almost every day spotify starts to download the files again. Like it is deleted from the phone. I use a SD card to store the files on. Is there anybod...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I need some help.   I have spotify premium. I have downloaded the song that I listen to most. But almost every day spotify starts to download the files again. Like it is deleted from the...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Embedded Spotify Play Button can't open spotify app from android browser. intent: produces an error

On Android devices browsers, clicking on an embbeded Spotify Play Button should open native Spotify app. However, most times this does not happen because the browser throws an error: 'Page not available'. To test this please visit Spotify Play Button...

• Casual Listener
  • On Android devices browsers, clicking on an embbeded Spotify Play Button should open native Spotify app. However, most times this does not happen because the browser throws an error: 'Page not a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    browser
    embed
    iframe
    Spotify Play Button
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

equalizer

When can we expect equalizer on the Android platform similar to ios?

• Casual Listener
  • When can we expect equalizer on the Android platform similar to ios?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify stopps playing after 3 songs

Hey there, since the last spotify update Spotify plays about 3 songs and then just stops. There are still songs waiting to be played, shuffle and repeat is on. The screen shows the last song. Spotify doesn't break down, cause when I push the skip but...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, since the last spotify update Spotify plays about 3 songs and then just stops. There are still songs waiting to be played, shuffle and repeat is on. The screen shows the last song. Spoti...
  • martina_b
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot Login on Spotify App

Op de laptop met Windows 8.1 kan ik inloggen met ww en inlogcode. Op de Samsung S5 kan ik met dezelfde combinatie niet inloggen. Heeft iemand een oplossing? Groet Hans Do Alkmaar

• Casual Listener
  • Op de laptop met Windows 8.1 kan ik inloggen met ww en inlogcode. Op de Samsung S5 kan ik met dezelfde combinatie niet inloggen. Heeft iemand een oplossing? Groet Hans Do Alkmaar
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing and streaming stops in the middle of each song

Hello, I'm a Premium subscriber. I use Spotify primarily on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and sometimes on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1. While I have no issues while playing music on my tablet, every single song stops in the middle on my S4, whether it is i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I'm a Premium subscriber. I use Spotify primarily on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and sometimes on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1. While I have no issues while playing music on my tablet, ever...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing non-spotify (previously downloaded to phone) music on spotify app

I have several gb of music downloaded to my phone from before I subscribed to Spotify. When I first downloaded and subscribed to Spotify I'm relatively certain that this music was visible within and playable through the Spotify app. I can no longer, ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have several gb of music downloaded to my phone from before I subscribed to Spotify. When I first downloaded and subscribed to Spotify I'm relatively certain that this music was visible within and ...
  • ian_m_wilson
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Canciones

Porque cuando quiero descargar más canciones me dice que alcance el máximo de canciones en modo oflline o algo así cuando tengo premium y tengo mucha memoria interna en el teléfono?

• Porque cuando quiero descargar más canciones me dice que alcance el máximo de canciones en modo oflline o algo así cuando tengo premium y tengo mucha memoria interna en el teléfono?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs skipping forward when my phone is in my pocket (HTC One M8)

So when I put a playlist on and put the phone in my pocket (screen is turned off) it sometimes randomly skips forward a song. Is there some kind of shortcut or gesture I'm accidentaly doing to skip songs that I don't know about? I can't get it to cha...

• Casual Listener
  • So when I put a playlist on and put the phone in my pocket (screen is turned off) it sometimes randomly skips forward a song. Is there some kind of shortcut or gesture I'm accidentaly doing to skip s...
  • mikeofallpeople
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist and starred songs gone

I updated my app and removed the old one now playlist is gone. The recovery says I don't have any deleted playlists and logging in and out didn't work. Anyone have a fix?

• Casual Listener
  • I updated my app and removed the old one now playlist is gone. The recovery says I don't have any deleted playlists and logging in and out didn't work. Anyone have a fix?
  • mps19
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes