Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY not working on t-mobile

any help?! SPOTIFY says thta is not conected to internet when im on data

• Casual Listener
  • any help?! SPOTIFY says thta is not conected to internet when im on data
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify volumen

como aumento el volumen de spotufy? ya que en mi dispositivo es relativamente bajo el volumen.

• como aumento el volumen de spotufy? ya que en mi dispositivo es relativamente bajo el volumen.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads

My Galaxy S5 crashed while playing Spotify. When I rebooted my tracks were no longer available offline, and it is now downloading all 306 of them again. Should that be the case? Can I expect this to happen again?On another note, will there be any iss...

• My Galaxy S5 crashed while playing Spotify. When I rebooted my tracks were no longer available offline, and it is now downloading all 306 of them again. Should that be the case? Can I expect this to ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

LG G2 mini + Kinovo BT 455 (bluetooth hands-free car kit) play/pause button issue

I use Spotify 2.1.0.903 on my LG G2 mini (LG-D620fr) and Android 4.4.2, and I enjoy it. I also use a Kinovo BT455 bluetooth hands-free car kit to stream music to my car radio. With the integrated Android media player, the multipurpose button of the b...

• I use Spotify 2.1.0.903 on my LG G2 mini (LG-D620fr) and Android 4.4.2, and I enjoy it. I also use a Kinovo BT455 bluetooth hands-free car kit to stream music to my car radio.   With ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play all music EXCEPT...

At work I like to shuffle all songs that I have downloaded to my phone and work away, but I have also downloaded some comedy albums and spoken word stuff that I want to exclude in this shuffle. If I add comedy to a playlist and spoken word to another...

• Regular
  • At work I like to shuffle all songs that I have downloaded to my phone and work away, but I have also downloaded some comedy albums and spoken word stuff that I want to exclude in this shuffle. If I ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove Songs

Hey! I'm really happy with Spotify sooner except one thing.When you have a spelista at random and then a song that you do not want in their playlist, so you can not remove it.When the music is playing, pressing on the screen so it will come up many d...

• Music Fan
  • Hey! I'm really happy with Spotify sooner except one thing. When you have a spelista at random and then a song that you do not want in their playlist, so you can not remove it. When the music is pl...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Cache/Downloads Management

Simply put, the cache grows and grows. The app needs a way to quickly manage/undownload music as things get bloated. Aside from obvious things like using checkboxes to quickly undelete, one option would be to periodically check what is on there and s...

• Casual Listener
  • Simply put, the cache grows and grows. The app needs a way to quickly manage/undownload music as things get bloated.  Aside from obvious things like using checkboxes to quickly undelete, one ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

help spotify not working

Whenever I open the app on my phone, error message "unfortunately spotify has stooped working, please close" keeps popping up. I Uninstalled it and reinstalled but still the same thing keeps happening. I even tried deleting the cache and force close ...

• Whenever I open the app on my phone, error message "unfortunately spotify has stooped working, please close" keeps popping up. I Uninstalled it and reinstalled but still the same thing keeps happe...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Setting for offline mode only accessible when online. Seems useless

I found myself completely offline - no wifi or phone service. Starting spotify results in a blank screen with no access to settings, so I'm unable to turn offline mode on. Force stopping the app or clearing the cache make no difference. Just a blank ...

• I found myself completely offline - no wifi or phone service. Starting spotify results in a blank screen with no access to settings, so I'm unable to turn offline mode on. Force stopping the app or c...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S4 To Fiat Punto Evo with Blue and Me

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can help. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and have Spotify Premium. I want to connect it to my car using bluetooth. How do i do this with Fiat Punto Evo 2012? Also i've connected the AUX lead to see if this works and it d...

• Hi All,   I was wondering if anyone can help. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and have Spotify Premium. I want to connect it to my car using bluetooth.   How do i do this with Fiat Punto...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

search function not working

Whenever I try to search for new songs the spotify app closes. Could this have something to do with the fact that I've reached the limit on offline songs. But then this shouldn't affect the searching for new songs . Help!

• Whenever I try to search for new songs the spotify app closes. Could this have something to do with the fact that I've reached the limit on offline songs. But then this shouldn't affect the searching...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Over-driven distorted bass in latest version

I've been running spotify on a Curtis Klu LT7035-J tablet for quite some time now and never had any problems with it. With the latest update though I've noticed severe distortion during any song that has bass to it. Mostly rap and hiphop music. I hav...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been running spotify on a Curtis Klu LT7035-J tablet for quite some time now and never had any problems with it. With the latest update though I've noticed severe distortion during any song that...
  • DiabolusAvem
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

No Queuing in connect play / control

Option is shown, but not supported.

• Casual Listener
  • Option is shown, but not supported.
  • Dohnut
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Another local file sync issue

Hi all, Sorry to add another thread about non-syncing local files, but all of my searches have proved inconclusive so far. I've got an Xperia Z with a 64GB SD card, which has around 38GB free (I've deleted some stuff to make space, although not reall...

sport2.PNG spot1.PNG spot4.PNG sport3.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   Sorry to add another thread about non-syncing local files, but all of my searches have proved inconclusive so far. 😞   I've got an Xperia Z with a 64GB SD card, which has...
  • TriggerFish
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app runs while playing on PC

I noticed today that my phone was burning hot and seems to be 'playing' the music on my phone while I'm actually listening on my PC. Tried killing the app twice but it kept starting again and burned up the battery on my phone. Anyone have a similar p...

• I noticed today that my phone was burning hot and seems to be 'playing' the music on my phone while I'm actually listening on my PC. Tried killing the app twice but it kept starting again and burne...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Available offline content has disappeared on me twice

Getting really frustrated, Spotify In the last month, Spotify has crashed on me twice, and when the app relaunches all of my "available offline" content has been deleted from my phone (or Spotify can no longer find it). I'm still logged in, all my pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Getting really frustrated, Spotify 😞 In the last month, Spotify has crashed on me twice, and when the app relaunches all of my "available offline" content has been deleted from my phone (or Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"The Next 30 Minuites Are Free.!"...*CRASH, Silence*. Fix it.

Spotify totally crashes on my phone whenever a "free" thirty minute ad comes up. I have to close out of Spotify and shut down my pohone, then restart to get the music back on.Why, and how do I fix it?

• Spotify totally crashes on my phone whenever a "free" thirty minute ad comes up.  I have to close out of Spotify and shut down my pohone, then restart to get the music back on.Why, and how ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lastfm Username or Passwort is wrong

Hey all,I have a problem with login to lastfm in the spotify app. After i cleared the cache on my phone, i always get this error notification. My password and Username are incorrect, due the login on my pc is working. Im using the standard Android Ke...

• Visitor
  • Hey all, I have a problem with login to lastfm in the spotify app. After i cleared the cache on my phone, i always get this error notification. My password and Username are incorrect, due the ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bizzare problem with playing spotify music online / offline

Hi, I have run into strange issue, which has been stopping me from using spotify client on Android. I started to happen a lot more often lately. It looks like this. You open Spotify application, start playing random song, does not matter if it is onl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have run into strange issue, which has been stopping me from using spotify client on Android. I started to happen a lot more often lately. It looks like this. You open Spotify applic...
  • ChadKaplowski
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes