Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (1.8.0)

What's new in this version (1.8.0) New: What are the people you follow listening to right now? Check out Top Tracks In Your Network, in Browse under Top Lists. Fixed: Android Lollipop bugs squished. Fictitious: This app can pilot a medium-sized airli...

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Legend
  •   What's new in this version (1.8.0)   New: What are the people you follow listening to right now? Check out Top Tracks In Your Network, in Browse under Top Lists. Fixed: Android ...
  • Tetshi
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

LG G3 - Spotify behavior, especially when headphones are inserted or removed.

I recently upgraded to the LG G3 phone from a Samsung Galaxy G3. Device: LG-D851Android Version: 4.4.2 Spotify performance has been very poor since the last update. 1- If Spotify is open, when I insert headphones and attempt to play a song it occasio...

• I recently upgraded to the LG G3 phone from a Samsung Galaxy G3.   Device: LG-D851 Android Version: 4.4.2   Spotify performance has been very poor since the last update.   ...
  • okcuoglu
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

paid for 3 months of Spotify premium, only got one

On this day last month I paid £9.99 for Spotify premium for 3 months, I only got one. Can someone point out how this happened? Thanks.

• On this day last month I paid £9.99 for Spotify premium for 3 months, I only got one. Can someone point out how this happened? Thanks.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't save to SD card Samsung s3

Hi, I can't get my saved music to save on the SD card. No matter what I do it saves to the phone storage. I have a 32gb sd card with only 5 gb used and my internal is only 16gb I have tried all the steps like reinstalling, clear cache, deleting files...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I can't get my saved music to save on the SD card. No matter what I do it saves to the phone storage. I have a 32gb sd card with only 5 gb used and my internal is only 16gb I have tried all t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong Songs synced to Android

Hi, ive only just recently had this problem with a few local mp3s on my computer. -- I sync the playlist i have with a few new mp3s on it and it seems to transfer correctly to my phone and work alright, the song will play for maybe 10-15 seconds but ...

• Hi, ive only just recently had this problem with a few local mp3s on my computer.   --   I sync the playlist i have with a few new mp3s on it and it seems to transfer correctly to m...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    local files
    local files sync
    music
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Device is not showing up on Pc

Hello I have this problem where my device is not showing up I've tried everything and can't still connect. What I've tried. Enabled UPnP Unintsalling and reinstalling the app Reconnecting my wifi Log in and sign out I should not that I have a comcast...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I have this problem where my device is not showing up I've tried everything and can't still connect.   What I've tried. Enabled UPnP Unintsalling and reinstalling the app Recon...
  • IHadAGiraffe
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My music wont load?

Hello! I've been trying to use my Spotify app for two days now and for some reason the music just won't play! It constantly pauses any song i try to play. I can tell the music is loaded because i can go to any point in a song and it will play, but on...

• Hello! I've been trying to use my Spotify app for two days now and for some reason the music just won't play! It constantly pauses any song i try to play. I can tell the music is loaded because i can...
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Content is NOT shown when application is opened.

Device 1: HTC One M8OS: Android 4.4.4Device 2: PCOS: Windows 8.1Preconditions:1. Existing account.2. Account with private playlist.3. Playlist with ~720 songs4. Device has WiFi connection.5. Playlist is downloaded for OFFLINE mode.Steps To Reproduce1...

• Device 1: HTC One M8 OS: Android 4.4.4 Device 2: PC OS: Windows 8.1 Preconditions: 1. Existing account. 2. Account with private playlist. 3. Playlist with ~720 songs 4. Device has WiFi conn...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped, no offered solutions have fixed it. please help!

Hi, I use spotify premium. About 5 days ago I was using spotify and it suddenly stopped working (it froze my phone and I had to take the battery out to turn it back on because nothing worked, not even holding the power button for 30 seconds). Ever si...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I use spotify premium. About 5 days ago I was using spotify and it suddenly stopped working (it froze my phone and I had to take the battery out to turn it back on because nothing worked, not eve...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and S5

I just purchased a 32gig SD card for my Galaxy S5. I have some Beatles music that I want to listen to on my phone mixed in with my playlist through Spotify but I cannot seem to get Spotify to play it; I keep getting the message "This song is not avai...

• Casual Listener
  • I just purchased a 32gig SD card for my Galaxy S5.  I have some Beatles music that I want to listen to on my phone mixed in with my playlist through Spotify but I cannot seem to get Spotify to p...
  • alf120345
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung s4 spotify not working offline on memory card

I have an s4 and the internal memory is full, so I've put in a 16g memory card. I can get my spotify songs onto it but when I download them to listen offline they load back onto the phone memory. Does anyone know how to download and listen offline fr...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an s4 and the internal memory is full, so I've put in a 16g memory card. I can get my spotify songs onto it but when I download them to listen offline they load back onto the phone memory. Doe...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Son haché et coupé en 4G !

Bonne application, mais gros problème le son est haché et saccadé en 4G / H+ / 3G+. Pas moyen d'écouter une musique sans coupure à moins de mettre le chargement en pause et de le reprendre. Je précise que: j'utilise spotify en gratuit avec la plus fa...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonne application, mais gros problème le son est haché et saccadé en 4G / H+ / 3G+. Pas moyen d'écouter une musique sans coupure à moins de mettre le chargement en pause et de le reprendre. Je précis...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4G
    streaming quality
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

New Widget Idea?

Hello everyone, I was looking through the Widgets on my Samsung Galaxy S5 and realized that there was a Spotify one, however, it appears to be lacking when the app is not running. I think that it should show something instead of being completely blan...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone, I was looking through the Widgets on my Samsung Galaxy S5 and realized that there was a Spotify one, however, it appears to be lacking when the app is not running. I think that...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound while playing, tons of bugs, poor UI, the list goes on ....

I'm trying Spotify premium right now and have found many many operational issues after only one day. I like the concept of Spotify but the execution is absolutely horrible. I'm probably not going to continue with my subscription due to the many bugs ...

• I'm trying Spotify premium right now and have found many many operational issues after only one day.  I like the concept of Spotify but the execution is absolutely horrible.   I'm probably ...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play any song AT ALL please help!

Please help me out, i can see the songs but their names just stay opaque & won't allow me to play any of em at all.

• Casual Listener
  • Please help me out, i can see the songs but their names just stay opaque & won't allow me to play any of em at all.
  • alucardaft89
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect taking over my phone

Hi folks, got a bizarre issue. I'm listening to music on my Anroid Nexus 5, minding my own business. Suddenly the music changes to something else I have never listened to, and informs me I am controlling 'gti9195', which a Google suggests is a Samsun...

• Regular
  • Hi folks, got a bizarre issue.   I'm listening to music on my Anroid Nexus 5, minding my own business.  Suddenly the music changes to something else I have never listened to, and inform...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify player interrupts with strange sounds

Hey Guys, since a few days now my Spotify Android App makes strange sounds. It is deffenetly the Spotify App, becuase I tried different Speakers / Headphones and diffferent other Music Apps. I have an OnePlus One running Android L (5.0.2) based on cm...

• Regular
  • Hey Guys, since a few days now my Spotify Android App makes strange sounds. It is deffenetly the Spotify App, becuase I tried different Speakers / Headphones and diffferent other Music Apps. I ha...
  • AaronSchneider
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

mobile app switches off offline mode and deletes all the downloaded music

The app reset the offline mode setting of my playlists and saved albums & songs so then I had to turn it on and re-download again all my music. It's the second time it happens in a month. It's really annoying. I'm a Premium user. LG Nexus 5 Android 5...

• Casual Listener
  • The app reset the offline mode setting of my playlists and saved albums & songs so then I had to turn it on and re-download again all my music.   It's the second time it happens in a mon...
  • andreat
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • delete music
    offline mode
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Emotion ui 2.3 lockscreen controls

The lockscreen controls are not available with huawei's emotion ui. I only get the controls if I disable the huawei lockscreen (and even then the album cover will not display on the screen). But if I do that I won't get any lockscreenwidgets etc. I t...

• Casual Listener
  • The lockscreen controls are not available with huawei's emotion ui. I only get the controls if I disable the huawei lockscreen (and even then the album cover will not display on the screen). But if I...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android 4.4.2
    emotion ui
    emui
    honor
    huawei
    Lockscreen control
  • 4 replies