Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing local MP3's on my S4

Hi, This may be obvious but not to me! I can get my local MP3's on Spotify easily enough on my laptop but how do I do it on my phone? I can see the tracks names on the phone but, obviously, they're "not available". Thanks!

• Regular
  • Hi, This may be obvious but not to me!  I can get my local MP3's on Spotify easily enough on my laptop but how do I do it on my phone?  I can see the tracks names on the phone but, obviousl...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Please help me convert from Google Music All Access

It's been a couple years since I've used Spotify but I'm at my wits end with Google. All I want is ALL of the music I want to listen to synced to ALL of my devices easily. No small task of course. And Google Music does it but the app has so many quir...

• It's been a couple years since I've used Spotify but I'm at my wits end with Google. All I want is ALL of the music I want to listen to synced to ALL of my devices easily. No small task of course. An...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Controlling Macbook that is on WiFi with phone not on data

Hi all, I have an unusual situation where my Spotify Android app notifies me when my Macbook is on my WiFi network and is playing music. I can control what is playing on the Mac. What I'd to know is what quantity of mobile data does this consume? I'm...

• Hi all,   I have an unusual situation where my Spotify Android app notifies me when my Macbook is on my WiFi network and is playing music. I can control what is playing on the Mac.   ...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

por que al sincronizar spotify desde mi androi a mi pc gasta internet?

al momento de sincronizar mi androi con mi pc e notado que gasta internet para descargar nuevamente las musicas que tengo descargadas en mi androi de spotify poes si es asi lo beo inutil esa opcion por que lo mismo me da ir nuevamente a mi lista de r...

• Casual Listener
  • al momento de sincronizar mi androi con mi pc e notado que gasta internet para descargar nuevamente las musicas que tengo descargadas en mi androi  de spotify poes si es asi lo beo inutil esa op...
  • petrolobo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP!! I LOST ENTIRE PLAYLIST OUT OF NO WHERE

I LOST MY ENTIRE PLAY LIST AND DEBIT CARD NO LONGER ATTACHED TO THE ACCOUNT. I NEVER CANCELED MY SUBSCRIPTION.

• I LOST MY ENTIRE PLAY LIST AND DEBIT CARD NO LONGER ATTACHED TO THE ACCOUNT. I NEVER CANCELED MY SUBSCRIPTION.
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"You're offline" always shown in search tab.

Even when I have access to Internet it "You're offline" is shown for a second and then my recent searches are shown. http://www.upload.ee/image/4367028/Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-17-24.png

• Gig Goer
  • Even when I have access to Internet it "You're offline" is shown for a second and then my recent searches are shown. http://www.upload.ee/image/4367028/Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-17-24.png
  • orbit_89
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

random Songs play but no sound and wont continue. I HAVE CHECKED VOLUME

I´m premium userHow do I fix the songs?And why does my playlist undownload?I have Downloaded the songs and Random songs plays but no sound. I cant fastforward or back in the songs, they just reset to 0.00 and keep playing until its done, After the so...

• I´m premium user How do I fix the songs? And why does my playlist undownload? I have Downloaded the songs  and Random  songs plays but no sound. I cant fastforward or back in the son...
  • RfurSwipe
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Bug Playlist
    Bugged songs
    Why does playlist undownload.
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! New Android bug?

I was working on my computer and had my phone connected to the same network. After a while i needed to place a call from my phone. I unlocked my phone and spotify i asked if i wanted to continue playing the song on my computer or on my phone i just i...

• Gig Goer
  • I was working on my computer and had my phone connected to the same network. After a while i needed to place a call from my phone. I unlocked my phone and spotify i asked if i wanted to continue play...
  • LitrioN
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bug
    call
    phone
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete/Remove from Play Queue confusion

When you're trying to remove songs from the Queue (because you can't clear the queue at the moment - separate issue) the UI is really confusing. You long press on a track (or press the tiny 3-dot button) and you're presented with the following: What ...

• Casual Listener
  • When you're trying to remove songs from the Queue (because you can't clear the queue at the moment - separate issue) the UI is really confusing. You long press on a track (or press the tiny 3-do...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect

Can anyone tell me if spotify connect is available on amazon kindle fire app?

• Can anyone tell me if spotify connect is available on amazon kindle fire app?
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Casting Music

Hi, I'm currently thinking of switching back from Google Play Music to Spotify. I wonder whether there is a "cast" button in the Spotify app like the one in Play Music, which let you play music on Sonos and Bluetooth devices.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm currently thinking of switching back from Google Play Music to Spotify. I wonder whether there is a "cast" button in the Spotify app like the one in Play Music, which let you play music on ...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

hello my name is joao and my spotify is always offline even though I have internet on my phone do not know what to do already uninstalled it and installed it and have not changed anything, you guys could help me with this would be my carrier T-Mobile...

• hello my name is joao and my spotify is always offline even though I have internet on my phone do not know what to do already uninstalled it and installed it and have not changed anything, you guys c...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Discover Tab still not available on Nexus 7

Does anyone using the Android App have Discover yet? My Nexus 7 still doesn't have it. I know the feature was slowly rolling out, but I don't know anyone who doesn't have it on any other device. I have the most up-to-date Android (4.3) on my OG Nexus...

• Casual Listener
  • Does anyone using the Android App have Discover yet? My Nexus 7 still doesn't have it. I know the featur...
  • natalie26
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Nexus 7
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

deleted tracks in device playlist and desktop keeps adding them to device

I have premium account and listen to music in my android device on offline mode. I edit my playlists in my device by deleting songs i don't want anymore but when I get my device online, it start downloading again the songs that are in my desktop play...

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium account and listen to music in my android device on offline mode. I edit my playlists in my device by deleting songs i don't want anymore but when I get my device online, it start down...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

xperia t2 ultra dual

Spotify just crashces on start on my new dual sim phone. ist this a known problem ?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify just crashces on start on my new dual sim phone.   ist this a known problem ?
  • geos_one
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

songs wont remain synced on Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Hi, everytime i download my playlists for offline mode they appear downloaded until i go offline as soon as i leave my wifi zone at home all tracks are deleted. This has been happening for the past 3 weeks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, everytime i download my playlists for offline mode they appear downloaded until i go offline as soon as i leave my wifi zone at home all tracks are deleted. This has been happening for the past 3...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! cant download spotify

Hello I haave a premium acount. I reseted my phone and now i cant download spotify cause i am in angola. Anyway to download ? or i need to get back to Portugal so i can download ?7 Thanks in advance

• Hello   I haave a premium acount. I reseted my phone and now i cant download spotify cause i am in angola. Anyway to download ? or i need to get back to Portugal so i can download ?7 &nbsp...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

possible fix for htc one m8 users on tmobile

I think I found a solution (at least at the moment) go into your mobile data settings and where it says network select be sure to have the option "cms/wcdma/lteauto selected at least for me it's been working steady

• I think I found a solution (at least at the moment) go into your mobile data settings and where it says network select be sure to have the option "cms/wcdma/lteauto selected at least for me it's been...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song found on desktop but not app

Hi,I found a song I really liked on my laptoo and put it into my stared playlist yet it isn't showing up when I go to play music through my HTC One (M8).Upon further inspection I found that the song wasn't showing up at all, even when I specifically ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I found a song I really liked on my laptoo and put it into my stared playlist yet it isn't showing up when I go to play music through my HTC One (M8). Upon further inspection I found that t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

I don't have the option to 2G/3G download

How can i download i don't have the 2G 3G option and i just signed up for the premium account

• How can i download i don't have the 2G 3G option and i just signed up for the premium account
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes