Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bought a Gift Card and Redeemed it but my account will not become premium.

When I attempt to become Premium by choosing the upgrade option, which I have already payed for, when I try to confirm upgrade it tells me that I have no added a payment option yet, but the whole point of a gift card was to avoid getting wrapped up i...

• Regular
  • When I attempt to become Premium by choosing the upgrade option, which I have already payed for, when I try to confirm upgrade it tells me that I have no added a payment option yet, but the whole poi...
  • Emo_Hobo
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! connect

I want to delete one of my connect devices but ı couldn't find where can i delete.

• Casual Listener
  • I want to delete one of my connect devices but ı couldn't find where can i delete.
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! shuffle

I know how to shuffle within one album but I would like to shuffle between all my saved music so it plays different tracks from different albums randomly. Is it possible to do this?

• I know how to shuffle within one album but I would like to shuffle between all my saved music so it plays different tracks from different albums randomly. Is it possible to do this?
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Internet Connection

When i try to connect to spotify on my android phone on 4G LTE network, i get the error messsge no internet connection. I tried the troubleshooting suggestion anf still no connevtion

• Regular
  • When i try to connect to spotify on my android phone on 4G LTE network, i get the error messsge no internet connection. I tried the troubleshooting suggestion anf still no connevtion
  • eoj
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Fast forwarding on android

Hello. I have a problem that have happen to me after the latest 2-3 patches on my mobil. i used to transfer huge mp3 files from my computer to my phone with the use of spotify. Think 50-90 min mix before i had no problem fast forwarding in those song...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.    I have a problem that have happen  to me after the latest 2-3 patches on my mobil.  i used to transfer huge mp3 files from my computer to my phone with the use of ...
  • Chezze
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No puedo escuchar musica online pero si buscarla

Hola, cuando busco una canción en mi app de Android una vez que la encuentro y la toco para escucharla no hace nada y cuando trato de desplegar el menu de esa cancion me dice "Go online to see menu". Y estoy online, si no no podría ni buscar la canci...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, cuando busco una canción en mi app de Android una vez que la encuentro y la toco para escucharla no hace nada y cuando trato de desplegar el menu de esa cancion me dice "Go online to see menu"....
  • juanquigley
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • go online to see menu android offline
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't Save Albums on Android or Windows 7 desktop

using Spotify for Android mobile app, or Windows 7 Desktop, I follow an artist, and then browse their album list clicking "save" to add the album to my saved artist page. The button flickers from "saved", then back to "save." It's like i never clicke...

• Casual Listener
  • using Spotify for Android mobile app, or Windows 7 Desktop,  I follow an artist, and then browse their album list clicking "save" to add the album to my saved artist page.  The button...
  • DW-TX
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify App on android tablet ERROR

I have a problem for more than two months ago, when the last 4 updates for android was released Spotify stopped working on my tablet and so far have not been able to fix it To be specific it is installed and when running it opens for one second and c...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem for more than two months ago, when the last 4 updates for android was released Spotify stopped working on my tablet and so far have not been able to fix it To be specific it is ins...
  • Samael_
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Fix
    google play
    Spotify
    tablet
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Always downloading music

So like in my previous post http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Always-downloading-music/m-p/837415#M30925 now it become even worse. Now music downloads everytime i unlock my screen every 10-30 mins (not all songs,but from 3 to 20) its nothi...

• Music Fan
  • So like in my previous post http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Always-downloading-music/m-p/837415#M30925 now it become even worse. Now music downloads everytime i unlock my screen eve...
  • LTMendarynas7
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Android version shows Playlist Folder which doesn't exist anymore - no way to delete it

All Playlist Folders are deleted and don't show in www interface and in stand-alone app. There's one Playlist Folder shown in android app (on any android phone where I login to Spotify) and cannot be deleted. Playlists created inside this Playlist Fo...

• All Playlist Folders are deleted and don't show in www interface and in stand-alone app. There's one Playlist Folder shown in android app (on any android phone where I login to Spotify) and cannot be...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Radio option on Spotify app for Android

I just recently switched from an iphone to the galaxy s5 and I immediately downloaded Spotify. The first thing I noticed is that when I went to start up the app for the first time, there was no option for Radio on my phone. I also pay every month for...

• Casual Listener
  • I just recently switched from an iphone to the galaxy s5 and I immediately downloaded Spotify. The first thing I noticed is that when I went to start up the app for the first time, there was no optio...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

"Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped."

All i get when i try to start Spotify is a black screen with the Spotify logo and three small grey bars in the top left hand corner. The message ""Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped." then comes up with a report or ok box. Nothing happens. I've tried...

• Roadie
  • All i get when i try to start Spotify is a black screen with the Spotify logo and three small grey bars in the top left hand corner. The message ""Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped." then comes...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloaded Playlist doesnt play all songs in Offline mode - Just some

I have a Spotify Premium Account and downloaded my favorite playlists to my smartphone (Samsung S5) to listen to them offline (60 GB space on SD card, 50 GB free) to not cause any more costs. One playlist contains about 230 songs and they look like t...

• Regular
  • I have a Spotify Premium Account and downloaded my favorite playlists to my smartphone (Samsung S5) to listen to them offline (60 GB space on SD card, 50 GB free) to not cause any more costs. One pla...
  • HansOkuChui
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android 4.4.2
    offline playlist
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify keeps crashing on my Note 2

When I try to open spotify on my note 2 a message pops up saying it has quit working...WTF

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to open spotify on my note 2 a message pops up saying it has quit working...WTF
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 5 lock screen controls.

This is more just a post to ensure the devs are aware... Currently, in Android L/5, notifications are displayed now instead of the lockscreen controls. This means that lockscreen controls aren't displayed for the Spotify app on Android L. The followi...

• Community Legend
  • This is more just a post to ensure the devs are aware...   Currently, in Android L/5, notifications are displayed now instead of the lockscreen controls.   This means that lockscree...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Latest version Spotify Android keeps crashing!

Recently I've noticed that Spotify keeps crashing on Android, It doesn't matter if I'm in an online playlist or an offline synced one. It suddenly stops playing and I need to force it tio stop from my Android settings menu. I'm on Android 4.4.2 and S...

• Music Fan
  • Recently I've noticed that Spotify keeps crashing on Android, It doesn't matter if I'm in an online playlist or an offline synced one. It suddenly stops playing and I need to force it tio stop from...
  • bulawebs
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes

Respond to messages on mobile app?

Is it possible to respond to messages using the mobile app? I can respond when using my computer but see no option to reply on my mobile app. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • Is it possible to respond to messages using the mobile app?  I can respond when using my computer but see no option to reply on my mobile app.   Any help would be much appreciated.
  • jmangel
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Downloaded the update now I cant open the app

I just now downloaded version 1.6.0.952 and now I cant even open the app. Ivr tried reinstalling it and restsrting my phone but nothing is working.

• Visitor
  • I just now downloaded version 1.6.0.952 and now I cant even open the app. Ivr tried reinstalling it and restsrting my phone but nothing is working.
  • Eefjewentelteef
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cant open app
    Crash
    crashes
    Update
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Tablet android - Only Shuffle Play

I have a Woopad705 tablet, on tablet and pc I choose the song to play but for some reason on my tablet spotify just let me do it on shuffle play. Someone can help me?

• I have a Woopad705 tablet, on tablet and pc I choose the song to play but for some reason on my tablet spotify just let me do it on shuffle play. Someone can help me?
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Please help me!!

1. Whenever I change the 'Surround Sound' in the Equalizer, the app becomes unresponsive then I have to force stop it in the App Manager. Then when I open it to play a song, there is no audio! 2. Whenever I browse for songs then tap on about 5 songs ...

• Regular
  • 1. Whenever I change the 'Surround Sound' in the Equalizer, the app becomes unresponsive then I have to force stop it in the App Manager. Then when I open it to play a song, there is no audio! 2. Wh...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes