Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible de synchroniser les playlists. Nouvelle tentative e cours...

Bonjour ! Sur mon PC, j'ai des playlist avec environ 1200 musiques. Mais lorsque je les synchronises sur mon Galaxy S4, toutes les musiques ne sont pas synchronié (online ou offline). Sur mon PC, voici le nombre de musiques que j'ai dans mes playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour !   Sur mon PC, j'ai des playlist avec environ 1200 musiques.   Mais lorsque je les synchronises sur mon Galaxy S4, toutes les musiques ne sont pas synchronié (online ou off...
  • Dylaan128
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nexus 4 Bugs V 0.5.13.63

-Spotify randomly logs me out. -When logging in or out my playlists are all deleted -When playlists are supposedly downloaded "The download bar reaches 100% and dissapperars" only a couple songs are. -The login button changes from "login" to "logging...

• Casual Listener
  • -Spotify randomly logs me out. -When logging in or out my playlists are all deleted -When playlists are supposedly downloaded "The download bar reaches 100% and dissapperars" only a couple songs ...
  • treap
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Not downloading all songs in a playlist

I am new to Spotify so this may be something very obvious, on my HTC One app I have told it to download a playlist and it only seems to download half the songs, the other half 'aren't available', does it only download songs that spotify has in it's l...

• Casual Listener
  • I am new to Spotify so this may be something very obvious, on my HTC One app I have told it to download a playlist and it only seems to download half the songs, the other half 'aren't available'...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App forgets what it was doing

I'm running the Spotify Android App on an HTC One X with Jellybean (4.1.1). When I go back to it after a brief period of inactivity (e.g. pause the music, go into the grocery store, do my shopping, go back to my car and open Spotify again), I find th...

• Visitor
  • I'm running the Spotify Android App on an HTC One X with Jellybean (4.1.1). When I go back to it after a brief period of inactivity (e.g. pause the music, go into the grocery store, do my shopping, g...
  • Scott00
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Duplicate accounts - spotify v facebook - connection problems

Hi there,I've had problems for the last few months with my spotify not working. I've been a premium subscriber for quite a while and let my subscription lapse as I was so frustrated with the lack of android support.I previously had issues on my andro...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I've had problems for the last few months with my spotify not working. I've been a premium subscriber for quite a while and let my subscription lapse as I was so frustrated with the lack...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Smart Rotator App

Now, not only do we not have landscape mode, but since this new update, the Smart Rotator app no longer works. Well, it tries to work, but it crashes the Spotify app in such a way that I have to reboot my phone. Crazy. I don't really expect an answer...

• Music Fan
  • Now, not only do we not have landscape mode, but since this new update, the Smart Rotator app no longer works.  Well, it tries to work, but it crashes the Spotify app in such a way that I have t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist appearing differently on Android vs OSX vs Tablet

Hi there, I don't know if this problem is associated with all of my playlists as I'm too worried to do anything to them. However, my main playlist has not been updating correctly. So this morning I created a brand new playlist called NEW and moved al...

• Regular
  • Hi there, I don't know if this problem is associated with all of my playlists as I'm too worried to do anything to them.   However, my main playlist has not been updating correctly. So this mo...
  • keeno79
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I installed spotify but it doesnt appear in my apps

I have a samsung s3 and I went to the play store to install soptify . I did that and then it said that it would be sent to my mobile shortly but although it now says installed on the play store I've been waiting for half an hour and nothing has appea...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a samsung s3 and I went to the play store to install soptify . I did that and then it said that it would be sent  to my mobile shortly but although it now says installed on the play store...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android App not loading properly

Up until about 10 minutes ago I've had no real complaints about the Spotify Android app. the app now ceases to load properly. I am running ICS 4.04 on a Galaxy Nexus (VzW). The beta app loads but all I get is a white canvas. The Google Play Store app...

• Up until about 10 minutes ago I've had no real complaints about the Spotify Android app.  the app now ceases to load properly.  I am running ICS 4.04 on a Galaxy Nexus (VzW).  The beta...
  • EdLSP
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Title is not available

Hi all, I've got the problem that a part of my music of my playlists isn't available on my smartphone(galaxy nexus) but it is available on my pc(win 8)!!That's really strange. I took a day ago the premium trial, but if i can't play the music of my pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I've got the problem that a part of my music of my playlists isn't available on my smartphone(galaxy nexus)  but it is available on my pc(win 8)!! That's really strange. I took...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Verizon Galaxy Nexus, White Screen, Help?

Hello all, I'm getting a completely white screen when I try to open up the spotify app. The title bar will show up, and I can even click the "Menu" button on the title bar, not sure if that's what it is supposed to be called, but it's the one that op...

• Regular
  • Hello all, I'm getting a completely white screen when I try to open up the spotify app.  The title bar will show up, and I can even click the "Menu" button on the title bar, not sure if that's...
  • Frankiep505
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't stream via bluetooth - then won't work when disconnected

I have Spotify Premium on an HTC Desire S. When I connect it to my Samsung audio unit via Bluetooth it occasionally works, but more often it says it is connected, the song looks like it is playing, but there is no sound. If I then disconnect from Blu...

• I have Spotify Premium on an HTC Desire S. When I connect it to my Samsung audio unit via Bluetooth it occasionally works, but more often it says it is connected, the song looks like it is playing, b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

only a white screen showing when installed on android phone

hi my problem is I recently had my htc v fixed, so I installed spotify back on to my phone. It said it was successful. When I opened it all I get is a white screen. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled a couple of times but same problem. Anyone here...

• hi   my problem is I recently had my htc v fixed,  so I installed spotify back on to my phone.  It said it was successful.  When I opened it all I get is a white screen. &nbsp...
  • f2k
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred playlist stuck on "Loading..." (Works on desktop)

DescriptionWhen I load spotify on my android samsung galaxy s3 my starred playlist gets stuck on "Loading..." Has never worked despite hours of use. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?1. Login2. Notice all playlists say "Loading......

• Casual Listener
  • Description When I load spotify on my android samsung galaxy s3 my starred playlist gets stuck on "Loading..." Has never worked despite hours of use. What are the steps you took to get to the erro...
  • inflames1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playlist shows up, but songs aren't syncing

So when I make a new playlist on the computer, it will show up on my phone, but the songs themselves won't. I'm connected to the same wifi as my computer and i've tried logging in and out of the app, but that's not working.. Idk what to do. so, for e...

• Casual Listener
  • So when I make a new playlist on the computer, it will show up on my phone, but the songs themselves won't. I'm connected to the same wifi as my computer and i've tried logging in and out of the app,...
  • vermilleon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

playlists seem to get 'stuck' while syncing on my Droid HTC incredible......suggestions?

i typically have no trouble syncing my playlists to listen offline, but recently i havent been able to snyc more than one, maybe two songs. i havent reched the max, im connected to wifi, im a paying premium member....what gives? it just continually s...

• i typically have no trouble syncing my playlists to listen offline, but recently i havent been able to snyc more than one, maybe two songs. i havent reched the max, im connected to wifi, im a paying ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

sync problem

hello! when i try to sync a playlist with my android device, spotify always selects all music. it is not possible for me to sync a single playlist. can anyone help me?

• Casual Listener
  • hello!   when i try to sync a playlist with my android device, spotify always selects all music. it is not possible for me to sync a single playlist.   can anyone help me?
  • Froze-T
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Free Trial

I just signed up for the premium free trial and my mobile app still says that I am using the free version. I created both accounts by logging into my Facebook account. I would like to be able to use to the premium account through my IPhone app!

• I just signed up for the premium free trial and my mobile app still says that I am using the free version. I created both accounts by logging into my Facebook account. I would like to be able to use ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

sync error unknown error

Hi since upgrading to the latest android version i cannot seem to sync any playlists to the phone as every time the app closes it brings up an unknown error and it has de-synced all my playlists which is now becoming quite frustrating as i have about...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi since upgrading to the latest android version i cannot seem to sync any playlists to the phone as every time the app closes it brings up an unknown error and it has de-synced all my playlists whic...
  • puppamc
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    latest version
    synchronisation
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New offline playlists keep disappearing

Hi people, Ive got a HTC Sensation and been using spotify happily for the past year. Now however (for the past month or so), whenever i sync new songs onto my offline playlists, they eventually (usually within the next 10 - 30 mins, or after closing/...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi people,   Ive got a HTC Sensation and been using spotify happily for the past year. Now however (for the past month or so), whenever i sync new songs onto my offline playlists, they event...
  • jennacide
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes