Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What do i think about the new update for spotify "Android 0.6.0.17"?

I just love the update Now i can finally hear old songs that i added long time ago with just search them and not actoually looking after them in playlists with over 1000 songs in Thanks Spotify for making this nice update! But my problem now is that ...

• Music Fan
  • I just love the update 😄 Now i can finally hear old songs that i added long time ago with just search them and not actoually looking after them in playlists with over 1000 songs in 😛   Than...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

premium disappeard

Hi, I have bee a premium member for years and now suddenly when I try to login to my mobile and laptop Spotify it says that I do not have that anymore..?? On my Tablets it works just fine. What should I do?

• Hi,   I have bee a premium member for years and now suddenly when I try to login to my mobile and laptop Spotify it says that I do not have that anymore..?? On my Tablets it works just fine....
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio on update does not work anymore

Can't play any radio stations. keeps loading. Galaxy Note2 N7100 android 4.1.2 based on Preempt.

• Regular
  • Can't play any radio stations. keeps loading.   Galaxy Note2 N7100 android 4.1.2 based on Preempt.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist with 500+ titles displayed as empty on my android device

After creating a new Playlist I copied an already existing Playlist into it and deleted my old one. There are 547 titles in it and I can play all the tracks without any problems on my Pc. However on my Android phone i had to update my playlist and no...

• Casual Listener
  • After creating a new Playlist I copied an already existing Playlist into it and deleted my old one. There are 547 titles in it and I can play all the tracks without any problems on my Pc. However on ...
  • Mountezuma
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nexus 7 - stops playing after it sleeps

I've noticed folks have had this issue on their Nexus 7s. Is there a fix yet? I've tried all of the suggestions, complete uninstall and reinstall - wifi set to always on etc... The app works fine on my GS3 with no issues. Other streaming apps run fin...

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed folks have had this issue on their Nexus 7s. Is there a fix yet? I've tried all of the suggestions, complete uninstall and reinstall -  wifi set to always on etc... The app works fi...
  • knartfokker
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Amazing Storage idea

Hey. My phone has this slot in the back into which I can place a small chip type thing. This allows my phone to store more stuff over the internal storage. I wonder if we could somehow tell spotify about this amazing new technology - and maybe they c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey.   My phone has this slot in the back into which I can place a small chip type thing.  This allows my phone to store more stuff over the internal storage.  I wonder if we could...
  • xerogavin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New Playlist Filter/Sort Is Nice - But We Need SHUFFLE PLAYLIST Function

Thanks for the update and continued attention to your Android app. I like being able to sort playlists (now you should just add that function to the desktop app). I still miss a "Shuffle Playlist" function, however (and I know it's been requested els...

• Regular
  • Thanks for the update and continued attention to your Android app. I like being able to sort playlists (now you should just add that function to the desktop app).   I still miss a "Shuffle Pla...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.52

What's new in this version: - New: When you first install the app, Spotify will store your data in the most efficient location on your phone/device.- New: From within settings, you can clear all temporary data and downloaded tracks stored on your dev...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version: - New: When you first install the app, Spotify will store your data in the most efficient location on your phone/device. - New: From within settings, you can clear all ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 83 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 83 replies
  • 5 likes

Browse all 900+ genres via web page of search terms

- edited to include the correct url. /sigh- now working with genres that have a / I've been enjoying another service instead of Spotify in anticipation of leaving due to the recent changes here, but the genre lists in the competitor's service is limi...

• Community Legend
  • - edited to include the correct url.  /sigh - now working with genres that have a /     I've been enjoying another service instead of Spotify in anticipation of leaving due to the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files skipping

Very disgusted with the Android version of Spotify. I am paying customer and so far have not been pleases. My local files keep skipping, they don't play correctly. I have never had this problem with the iOS Version and that was iOS 4. Really don't kn...

• Casual Listener
  • Very disgusted with the Android version of Spotify. I am paying customer and so far have not been pleases. My local files keep skipping, they don't play correctly. I have never had this problem with ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Starred Playlist not showing the same as desktop version.

I noticed that my starred playlist tracks show differently in my phone and desktop. My phone shows 1800 starred tracks and my desktop shows zero. I certainly don't want to sync 1800 tracks for offline to my phone. Can someone please help me figure th...

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed that my starred playlist tracks show differently in my phone and desktop. My phone shows 1800 starred tracks and my desktop shows zero. I certainly don't want to sync 1800 tracks for offlin...
  • Goatshaver
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won't play, receiving "The track is not available" message on Android phone.

It's worked fine before! I've never had this issue until now. My local files will not play on my mobile phone, no matter what I do and how hard I try. Local files that I had downloaded before worked fine, and then I went and cleared the cache on my p...

• It's worked fine before! I've never had this issue until now. My local files will not play on my mobile phone, no matter what I do and how hard I try. Local files that I had downloaded before worked ...
  • navid_ka
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Local Files glitches

Some of the mixtapes I have in my playlist seem to not be working, One time it will, but sometimes it wont. The track will play slow and fast and the beat and things will be off. I tried taking them off and then putting them back in. At first it work...

• Casual Listener
  • Some of the mixtapes I have in my playlist seem to not be working, One time it will, but sometimes it wont. The track will play slow and fast and the beat and things will be off. I tried taking them ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist gone?

Hi my playlist whas suddenly gone or deleted ? How can i fix this?

• Hi my playlist whas suddenly gone or deleted ? How can i fix this?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming on Android phone

Just started using a few weeks ago. Create the playlist on my computer, installed app on mobile phone and started using. But I noticed the songs were downloaded to my phone instead of streaming. I want to stream instead. How is this suppose to work?

• Casual Listener
  • Just started using a few weeks ago.  Create the playlist on my computer, installed app on mobile phone and started using.  But I noticed the songs were downloaded to my phone instead of str...
  • garyslowe
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Temporary Error when Merging Accounts

Hi. I can no longer log onto spotify using my android phone. It tells me there's a temporary error when merging accounts. After i've logged in using Facebook and then there's an annoying second log in screen where this error message pops up. Reinstal...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I can no longer log onto spotify using my android phone. It tells me there's a temporary error when merging accounts. After i've logged in using Facebook and then there's an annoying second log i...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Add playback controls in the Android notification area

Could you find folks add some playback controls in the android notification area? "Play/Pause"and "Next Song"should do fine. Most music apps do something like this, it's conspicuously absent in Spotify.

• Regular
  • Could you find folks add some playback controls in the android notification area? "Play/Pause"and "Next Song"should do fine. Most music apps do something like ...
  • SirCmpwn
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No sound in my galaxy Note 10.1 with spotify

Hi, I use the last version of spotify from google play and since I have not sound in spotify. I try to uninstall and reinstall spotify but no change. I use Android 4.1.1 on my Samsung galaxy note 10.1. Thx for your help

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I use the last version of spotify from google play and since I have not sound in spotify. I try to uninstall and reinstall spotify but no change. I use Android 4.1.1 on my Samsung gala...
  • abacari
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not working

This applies to both my laptop and Android device. I paid just an hour ago, and all my playlists are still there but I cannot play any of them. When I try to re-download my playlists or play a song it says I need to upgrade to Premium, of which I alr...

• Casual Listener
  • This applies to both my laptop and Android device. I paid just an hour ago, and all my playlists are still there but I cannot play any of them. When I try to re-download my playlists or play a song i...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Will not log in on my phone

Hey folks, Spotify has somehow logged out on my phone and when I try to log back in it flicks onto my account for a split second, then goes back to the start of the log in page...any ideas?Is a Samsung Galaxy S3...was working fine until yesterday aft...

• Hey folks, Spotify has somehow logged out on my phone and when I try to log back in it flicks onto my account for a split second, then goes back to the start of the log in page...any ideas?Is a&nbs...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes