Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Tapping "Storage" won't work and I can't save mey lists to the SD card

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy A7Operating SystemAndroid While ago I save all of my list to SD card from the "Storage" in the Options Menu. After the new update all of my downloaded musics/lists are gone.Now I can't tap the "Storage" button.I can sa...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy A7 Operating System Android   While ago I save all of my list to SD card from the "Storage" in the Options Menu. After the new update all of my ...
  • Natey9
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • New Update
    SD-card
    Storage on sd card
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume control inconsistent with device's settings.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceLG V20 H918Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueThe LG V20 allows for precise volume controls when the Hi-fi Quad Dac option is enabled. When the Spotify app is in focus the volume is adjusted by 5 steps for each...

•   Plan Premium Country US Device LG V20 H918 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue The LG V20 allows for precise volume controls when the Hi-fi Quad Dac option is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Drop down menu on Account.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueOptions on the drop down menu for Account do not work. Using Samsung 9+, chrome and android. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Options...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Offline Button Android 9

Hi, I love the Android feature to put an Spotify offline button in the notification bar. It makes it easy to save data when I'm outside. I recently got a new phone (Pixel 3a). with Android 9. Now the button does not seem to work anymore. When I click...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I love the Android feature to put an Spotify offline button in the notification bar. It makes it easy to save data when I'm outside. I recently got a new phone (Pixel 3a). with Android 9. Now the...
  • Jelle86
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes

Problems with my premium account

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHello I have Spotify Premium for several years and I think I'm experiencing some issues with my subscription on my mobile phone (and other devices). I think that they can b...

•   Plan Premium Country Spain Device LG G6 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hello   I have Spotify Premium for several years and I think I'm experiencing som...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hidden Songs are played anyway

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSony Xperia X Compact F5321Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueAll hidden Songs in the Mixtapes are played anyway

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Sony Xperia X Compact F5321 Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue All hidden Songs in the Mixtapes are played anyway
  • sz9
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution A little bug at playlist

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceRedmi Note 8 ProOperating SystemAndroid 9, MIUI 11 more details in the attached print. My Question or IssueFirstly, thank you for the great service and app of Spotify! The playlist when completed and played the last musi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Redmi Note 8 Pro Operating System Android 9, MIUI 11 more details in the attached print.    My Question or Issue Firstly, thank you for the grea...
  • darksaur
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists in the Android App are not arranged as in Desktop App, Web, or iOS App

Very simple bug: I arrange folders and playlists in the Desktop App, and the order will be replicated in the Web Browser and iOS App, but not on the Android App. Neither folders, nor playlists within the folders. Since rearranging is not allowed on m...

• Casual Listener
  • Very simple bug: I arrange folders and playlists in the Desktop App, and the order will be replicated in the Web Browser and iOS App, but not on the Android App. Neither folders, nor playlists within...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Search behavior different for Playlists and Liked Songs

On my android phone I seach for a song in a playlist and play the song. When the song is finished, spotify queues the next song in the playlist and continues down the list. This is what we want. When I do a search in my Liked Songs (it's called "find...

• Gig Goer
  • On my android phone I seach for a song in a playlist and play the song. When the song is finished, spotify queues the next song in the playlist and continues down the list. This is what we want. When...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook Login not working [search and opening playlists is not working]

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceLG G8sThinQOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueHey all, I am expierencing issues with mal Spotify App. Problem Description:Since more then 2 weeks I am not able to use the spotify-app. As you see on the pictur...

Search.png Change-Settings.png Playlists-with-Questionmark-cannot-beopened.png Set-of-albums-not-displayed.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device LG G8sThinQ Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Hey all,   I am expierencing issues with mal Spotify App.    Proble...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song links don't play the song they just go to the album the song is on

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceSamsung S7 ActiveOperating SystemAndroid Oreo When someone sends me a song link via text message usually I can click on it and it opens up the Spotify app and the song starts playing on its own. For some reason recently th...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device Samsung S7 Active Operating System Android Oreo   When someone sends me a song link via text message usually I can click on it and it opens ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Song link sharing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

login problems

My Question or IssueI have problems logging in. I try to log in to Spotify and it says "this user and password combination is incorrect"When I try it on pc on the other hand, it connects right on. What to do?

• Visitor
  •     My Question or Issue I have problems logging in. I try to log in to Spotify and it says "this user and password combination is incorrect" When I try it on pc on the other hand, it c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly keeps pausing

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceHuawei P20 Lite, Huawei P9 Lite and Motorola Moto G6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSince a couple of months, Spotify randomly stops playing/pauses after a couple of songs on my smartphone. This problem has ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Huawei P20 Lite, Huawei P9 Lite and Motorola Moto G6 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Since a couple of months, Spotify randomly stop...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Music keeps pausing

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceXiaomi Mi A3 (EU version)Operating SystemAndroid 10 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI'm trying to play music but it keeps pausing as soon as I press play, allowing less than a second of rep...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Xiaomi Mi A3 (EU version) Operating System Android 10  (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I'm trying t...
  • elmetalesasi
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    pausing
    xiaomi mi a3
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Lyrics don't show on my smartphone

PlanPremium for StudentsCountryBrazilDeviceAsus Zenfone Max Pro (M1)Operating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueNo lyrics on any song. I scroll down but nothing shows up. I'm not sure if i'm missing something.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium for Students Country Brazil Device Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) Operating System Android My Question or Issue No lyrics on any song. I scroll down but nothing shows up. I'm not sur...
  • SuspectNmbrOne
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    lyrics
    problem
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing songs through sms doesn't work/play anymore?!?

This constantly happens, and randomly, myself and friends etc. Just started again yesterday, asked neighbor and friend, and said the same thing. We're all always sharing songs and in group text sometimes. Now the songs shared yesterday, links weren't...

• Music Fan
  • This constantly happens, and randomly, myself and friends etc. Just started again yesterday, asked neighbor and friend, and said the same thing. We're all always sharing songs and in group text somet...
  • Surfer82
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I can't import my music to the app

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceXiaomi Mi A2Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI've been trying for like a week to import my music to the app but it just keeps saying the message in the imageHe querido importar mi música a la aplicación per...

• Plan Premium Country Mexico Device Xiaomi Mi A2 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I've been trying for like a week to import my music to the app but it just keeps sayi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 10
    import
    local files
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Hide this song" too easy to tap

PlanPremiumCountry USA Device( Samsung Galaxy 9)Operating System(Android 10) The "Hide this song" is waaaay too easy to tap. Please move it lower down on the actions list. I've accidentally hit "Hide this song" multiple times since it started showing...

Screenshot_20200423-124942_Spotify.png
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device ( Samsung Galaxy 9) Operating System (Android 10)   The "Hide this song" is waaaay too easy to tap. Please move it lower down on th...
  • ZIMMERBERG
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Android preview

The Android preview is awesome. But the "Beats Audio" on my HTC One X makes the playback glitchy. Frankly, I don't mind turning it off because I don't want something artificially boosting the bass and making the treble thin and flat, but I thought yo...

• The Android preview is awesome. But the "Beats Audio" on my HTC One X makes the playback glitchy. Frankly, I don't mind turning it off because I don't want something artificially boosting the bass an...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Social & Random
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect with android phone

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung a50Operating System(Android Oreo My Question or Issuecant get connect to work with any device shown on the network. Am I missing something?

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung a50 Operating System (Android Oreo    My Question or Issue cant get connect to work with any device shown on the network. Am I m...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Connect
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes