Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App not working on Android

PlanPremium (Student) CountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid P (9) My Question or IssueSpotify is not playing any songs. I have tried both online and offline versions on my phone and it does not work. Sometimes it will play appro...

• Plan Premium (Student)  Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android P (9)   My Question or Issue Spotify is not playing any songs. I have tried both online an...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Fire TV Stick - Spotify app unusable

My Question or IssueWhen I start the app and play a song, after 30-90 seconds the app seems to crash the whole OS and the stick reboots. This started several weeks ago, I don't know if it started to happen after an update. This renders the app useles...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue When I start the app and play a song, after 30-90 seconds the app seems to crash the whole OS and the stick reboots. This started several weeks ago, I don't know if it started t...
  • huffpuff
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashes android

Premium userCountryUKDeviceOnePlus three plusOperating SystemAndroid pie, though this issue occurred before I updated it My Question or IssueApp crashes when trying to share a song. Just really strange

• Premium user Country UK Device OnePlus three plus Operating System Android pie, though this issue occurred before I updated it   My Question or Issue App crashes when trying to share a ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Won't stay logged in

For some reason my Spotify wont stay logged in!Which is so annoying because then it deletes all my downloaded music every time!!I've tried reinstalling the app but didn't help:(Any ideas?Thank you!

• For some reason my Spotify wont stay logged in! Which is so annoying because then it deletes all my downloaded music every time!! I've tried reinstalling the app but didn't help:( Any ideas? Than...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms][Subscription] Play Equal Quality Downloaded Songs Instead of Streaming

Spotify needs to take preference when playing already downloaded songs over streaming them without toggling Offline Mode. When the download quality is better than or equal to the streaming quality there is no reason to "redownload" the songs. It is a...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify needs to take preference when playing already downloaded songs over streaming them without toggling Offline Mode. When the download quality is better than or equal to the streaming quality th...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music pausing when phone locks while connected to bluetooth

With the latest update my music will now pause once my phone locks when connected to bluetooth. It immedaitely resumes when I unlock the phone and as long as it stays unlocked it will continue to play. This happens if I connect to my car or a speaker...

• With the latest update my music will now pause once my phone locks when connected to bluetooth. It immedaitely resumes when I unlock the phone and as long as it stays unlocked it will continue to pla...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps stopping

I've had spotify for a long time and it pains me not to have access to it since I listen to music every chance I get. The app recently stopped working, every time I click the app, it shows the logo as if it's loading and then leaves the app, saying "...

• I've had spotify for a long time and it pains me not to have access to it since I listen to music every chance I get. The app recently stopped working, every time I click the app, it shows the logo a...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

i was wondering about something

so does the free android app still have no access to sort your songs in order, no queue, or actual shuffling and you continue to spit in the face to free users who cant afford premium with a barely functional app?

• Roadie
  • so does the free android app still have no access to sort your songs in order, no queue, or actual shuffling and you continue to spit in the face to free users who cant afford premium with a barely f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded Music Not Playing Offline

PlanPremiumCountrySouth Africa DeviceMobicelOperating SystemAndriod 7 My Question or IssueHi I have moved my storage location from device to external storage or SD card on my device. Since then I have been having issues with my downloaded Music. Once...

• Plan Premium Country South Africa   Device Mobicel Operating System Andriod 7   My Question or Issue Hi  I have moved my storage location from device to external storage or...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't log in (offline mode)

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceLG G7Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 Oreo My Question or IssueSpotify was set to "Offline Mode" in settings. Somehow I was logged out (maybe because of an update?) Now I can't log in. If I press "Log in" after entering my ...

• Plan Premium Country Germany   Device LG G7 Operating System Android 8.0 Oreo   My Question or Issue Spotify was set to "Offline Mode" in settings. Somehow I was logged out (mayb...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops working once lock screen is on.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 10Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSpotify stop playing once lock screen is on. every 30 seconds any song pauses only in the car while playing on the bluetooth. I kn...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 10 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Spotify stop playing once lock screen is on. ever...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotift crashes when i open song/album menu

Hi,so I've had a bit of trouble with Spotify. Basically, whenever i press the three dot menu next to a song or an album, the app just crashes. I dont know what could be causing this, and i havent been able to find any info on it anywhere. I just noti...

• Hi, so I've had a bit of trouble with Spotify. Basically, whenever i press the three dot menu next to a song or an album, the app just crashes. I dont know what could be causing this, and i havent b...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not responding

Spotify stops responding and shuts down when I login to my account. How can i fix this problem :( PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Samsung Galaxy S4)Operating System(Android)

• Spotify stops responding and shuts down when I login to my account. How can i fix this problem 😞 Plan Premium Country Turkey Device (Samsung Galaxy S4) Operating System (Android)  
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify on Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution i can't share any song to my instagram story. what should i do?

PlanFree/Premium Countryindonesia DeviceXiaomi Redmi 4X Operating SystemAndroid 7, MIUI 10 My Question or Issuealready installed the latest version of instagram and spotify and i still don't have the "instagram stories" option to share my music to in...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium   Country indonesia   Device Xiaomi Redmi 4X   Operating System Android 7, MIUI 10   My Question or Issue already installed the latest version of in...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Instagram Story

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceHuawei Mate 10 proOperating System Android My Question or IssueHi, I' used the latest version of spotify. Also I clean caches of Spotify and Instagram and reinstall both programs 2 times. But I could not find sharing Ins...

• Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Huawei Mate 10 pro Operating System  Android   My Question or Issue Hi, I' used the latest version of spotify. Also I clean caches of Spotify ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bugreport] Restart song via Hardwarebuttons not working if not in Playlist or Album

PlanFamilyCountryDEDeviceHuawei P20 ProOperating SystemAnroid 9 My Question or IssueWhen the Phone is connected to my Car-Radio I can only restart a song from the beginning via the back buttons on my steering wheel if i am navigating in a playlist or...

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Country DE Device Huawei P20 Pro Operating System Anroid 9   My Question or Issue When the Phone is connected to my Car-Radio I can only restart a song from the beginning v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps opening, starting & stopping music by itself

DeviceOnePlus 6TOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueHello, I have the problem that spotify keeps opening itself and starting / stopping music. I've already clean reinstalled the spotify app. A few weeks ago I had the problem but back then s...

• Casual Listener
  • Device OnePlus 6T Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Hello, I have the problem that spotify keeps opening itself and starting / stopping music. I've already clean reinstalle...
  • Shirotaku
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Volume issue on Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 10+Operating SystemAndroid PieMy Question or IssueHello I have a problem, The volume even at the maximum is very smallon Spotify, as if I had put 20%, it was back to normal this morning (and I did not...

• Plan Premium Country France Device Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Operating System Android Pie My Question or Issue Hello I have a problem, The volume even at the maximum is very small on Spotify,...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Icon on Homescreen looks weird

My Question or Issue Why is your Icon not the same size like ALL the other?And, what makes it even worse, it used to be!

•   My Question or Issue   Why is your Icon not the same size like ALL the other? And, what makes it even worse, it used to be!
  • SamTheGamer55
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playback problems with 4G streaming

PlanPremium // Spotify Ver. 8.5.23.686CountryGreeceDeviceHuawei P10 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueIn the last 3 or 4 months I have the same issue that many users have. The music stops playing when I am connected through 4G. Wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium  // Spotify Ver. 8.5.23.686 Country Greece Device Huawei P10 Lite Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue In the last 3 or 4 months I have the same issu...
  • zouve
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes