Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs One does not show on Android Spotify App

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid Version 9 My Question or IssueI am getting an intermittent issue with the Android App recognizing my Sonos One Gen 2 as a streamable device via WIFI. At first, the speaker was not ...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android Version 9   My Question or Issue I am getting an intermittent issue with the Android App recognizing...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums and radios i have downloaded and listen to all the time recently started unsaving

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSo recently every time I close the app most of my music is undownloaded. I'll open the app an...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue So rece...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Unsaved songs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Idea] [Playlist] Find A Song

I would like spotify to add a "find a song in playlist" as my playlist is over a thousand songs and on android, that's impossible to find where a song exactly is

• Gig Goer
  • I would like spotify to add a "find a song in playlist" as my playlist is over a thousand songs and on android, that's impossible to find where a song exactly is  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs which I did not play at all appear in recently listened

Hi, I've got family package - we are using spotify family on 3 acocunts.I've got samsung A7 phone and android app.For last few weeks I've got problem with application:1. in my recently listened list I've got music I have never start/ search etc.2. So...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I've got family package  - we are using spotify family on 3 acocunts. I've got samsung A7 phone and android app. For last few weeks I've got problem with application: 1. in my re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently Played

The new update has removed the "Recently Played" section from the "My Library" section. Is there any way I can access the list of my recently played other than the unintuitive sideways scroll section on the "Home" page?? This was a really useful feat...

• The new update has removed the "Recently Played" section from the "My Library" section.   Is there any way I can access the list of my recently played other than the unintuitive sideways scrol...
  • j123456
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Bugs in the currently playing Tab

DeviceOnePlus 6TOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueThe first bug is best explained by the Video I attached. In the currently playing Tab you can "scroll" even though there is no more content. The second bug concerns the dot that indicate...

• Casual Listener
  • Device OnePlus 6T Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue The first bug is best explained by the Video I attached. In the currently playing Tab you can "scroll" even though the...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily Mixes will not load in Android App.

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid 9 PIE My Question or IssueGor the past few weeks, I have not been able to get my daily mixes to load. Getting an error message. Screenshot is attached. I have already done a...

• Plan Premium Family Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android 9 PIE   My Question or Issue Gor the past few weeks, I have not been able to get my daily mixes to l...
  • r121
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

There is no repeat button for free on android app

PlanFreeCountryUSSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI can't repeat my playlist on my phone even though I can on my computer. It isn't where the other thread that I found, that I couldn't reply to, said it was. This is really ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country US Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I can't repeat my playlist on my phone even though I can on my computer. It isn't where the other t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Wont Stop playing even when off

Hi I am on premium accounts and in the UK using an Android Phone. When I bluetooth my Galaxy S8 to the radio, I play my music no problem, when I close down the app, for some reason it just rnadomly starts. I have switched it off and back on, checked ...

• Hi   I am on premium accounts and in the UK using an Android Phone.  When I bluetooth my Galaxy S8 to the radio, I play my music no problem,  when I close down the app, for some reas...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Inserted music by desktop doesn't play on phone

Hi,I'm having trouble with some music I inserted in Spotify myself. I inserted it, using the desktop a couple of months back and saved it in a playlist. Next I downloaded the playlist on my Android phone (OnePlus X) and it worked marvelous. However, ...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I'm having trouble with some music I inserted in Spotify myself. I inserted it, using the desktop a couple of months back and saved it in a playlist. Next I downloaded the playlist on my Android...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not loading Galaxy S10+

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(Galaxy S10+)Operating System(Android Oreo.) My Question or IssueSpotify will not load up all of a sudden. I have so far tried -RebootingUninstalling/ReinstallingClearing Google play servicesFollowing the clean install proce...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (Galaxy S10+) Operating System (Android Oreo.)   My Question or Issue Spotify will not load up all of a sudden. I have so far tried - Rebooting Un...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with android device

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceSamsung S10+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHi, using my spotify account via PC or other devices I have no problems, but when I use my S10 + the application is very slow and practically impossible to use.I hav...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Italy Device Samsung S10+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hi, using my spotify account via PC or other devices I have no problems, but when...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Landscape mode and Spotify car view will lock the screen

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceHuawei P10Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHi, i have a problem with the landscape for the current Song, works on other and Spotify car view will lock the screen instead of keeping active

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Huawei P10 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Hi, i have a problem with the landscape for the current Song, works on other and...
  • Renesis
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] What happened to Spotify? Switching devices is worse, can no longer sort playlists

With the last couple of updates, my Spotify experience has deteriorated drastically. I mainly use 2 Android devices, my mobile and an Android TVbox I use as a media center. I used to be able to switch almost seamlessly from one device to the other by...

• Music Fan
  • With the last couple of updates, my Spotify experience has deteriorated drastically. I mainly use 2 Android devices, my mobile and an Android TVbox I use as a media center. I used to be able to switc...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue songs while having bad connection

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceGalaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or IssueDuring my commute I cross an area with bad Internet connection (Edge only). Of course I have all my favourite songs offline but the problem is I can't queue them wi...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Galaxy S7 Operating System Android 8   My Question or Issue During my commute I cross an area with bad Internet connection (Edge only). Of c...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why i need to press shuffle again after select song, I hate it.

PlanPremiumCountryThailandDevicePixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhy i have to press shuffle again when select new song. please fix it. I found this bug post from last year that has been fixed but it happen again. Please dont make...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Thailand Device Pixel 3 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Why i have to press shuffle again when select new song. please fix it. I found this bug p...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Galaxy Watch - Family Plan asking to change to Premium

I Want to use the Galaxy Watch app, but everything says I need to change to the premium plan. But I've already got the family plan. Why I can't use the app full featured with the family plan?PlanFamilyCountryBrazilDeviceAndroid / Galaxy WatchOperatin...

• Visitor
  • I Want to use the Galaxy Watch app, but everything says I need to change to the premium plan. But I've already got the family plan. Why I can't use the app full featured with the family plan? Plan...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Family Plan
    Galaxy Watch
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android app has become unusable

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceLG V30Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueEver since the latest update, the app has become virtually unusable. it's extremely slow despite my internet being at full strength and its not my device. all other ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device LG V30 Operating System Android Oreo    My Question or Issue Ever since the latest update, the app has become virtually unusable. it's extr...
  • Nord293
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes

Liked Songs Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSince the update that turned "liked songs" into a playlist, I have experienced several issues and displeasures with new software features. 1) Full albums that ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Since the update that turned "liked songs" into a playlist, I have experienced seve...
  • padib
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stranger Things mode

I have the latest android version with premium Spotify account, but I don't have any option to enable/disable the Stranger Things Mode in the app. Is this mode still working? Thanks for the answers.

• Casual Listener
  • I have the latest android version with premium Spotify account, but I don't have any option to enable/disable the Stranger Things Mode in the app. Is this mode still working?   Thanks for the ...
  • LaczkoIstvan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes