Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New update removed search inside a playlist?

PlanPremiumCountry IsraelDeviceOneplus 3TOperating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or Issue Cannot find search feature inside a playlist, was it removed? If so, this is kind of idiotic.... Please bring back :).

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Israel Device Oneplus 3T Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue  Cannot find  search  feature inside a playlist, was it r...
  • xuckmylife
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My music keeps getting taken over

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsungOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueWhen I play my music second in it plays a different song not on my list and it doesn't matter what song I play it keeps happening.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Operating System Android My Question or Issue When I play my music second in it plays a different song not on my list and it doesn't matter what song ...
  • nettebundi
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Shared Speakers with Family Plan

I have a trial of the family premium plan and am confused how best to setup shared devices, like the Alexa app. I would like every family member to have access to their own music, and also allow multiple family members to use the Spotify Amazon app a...

• Casual Listener
  •     I have a trial of the family premium plan and am confused how best to setup shared devices, like the Alexa app.  I would like every family member to have access to their own...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Filtering on mobile android device

Hello,I had a problem with the payment to spotify so i temporarily lost premium on my account. Now i have premium again and all the features except being able to filter the playlists on my phone for some weird reason. When i try to scroll to the top ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I had a problem with the payment to spotify so i temporarily lost premium on my account. Now i have premium again and all the features except being able to filter the playlists on my phone fo...
  • UmutAlbagurt
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind the lyrics

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceHuawei g8Operating SystemEmui 4.0.2 and android 6.0.1 My Question or IssueI have been using spotify for a long time and I was using it free I had no problems everything was fine then the behind the lyrics update rolled out ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device Huawei g8 Operating System Emui 4.0.2 and android 6.0.1   My Question or Issue I have been using spotify for a long time and I was using it free I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Feature request: reset and allow for artist re-selection

I didn't finish selecting artists (and only picked a few) and now looking them up is a lot more of a pain and takes longer. Can the big artist select page please be a regular feature instead of just a once-time-thing for first-time-users? Similar top...

•   I didn't finish selecting artists (and only picked a few) and now looking them up is a lot more of a pain and takes longer. Can the big artist select page please be a regular feature instead ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Developer warning for package "com.spotify.music" Failed to post notification on channel "null"

PlanPremiumCountrySingapore DeviceiBasso DX200 (Android based portable music player)Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 (Oreo)Spotify Version 8.4.82.664 My Question or IssueWhen downloading songs for "Offline" use, repeated error message displayed on the b...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore  Device iBasso DX200 (Android based portable music player) Operating System Android 8.1.0 (Oreo) Spotify Version 8.4.82.664   My Question or Issue ...
  • chungjun
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

app crashes in LG5

Hey My spotify crashes all the time. Usually when the app is in the background (when I'm in another app at the same time or the screen is dark) but It also happens whan that I do not use an app and it works in the background. I receive messages that ...

• Hey My spotify crashes all the time. Usually when the app is in the background (when I'm in another app at the same time or the screen is dark)   but It also happens  whan that I d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android Alpha & Beta Programs

What are the Spotify Alpha and Beta programs? By signing up as an Alpha or Beta tester of the Spotify app, you will get early versions of our new releases before we roll them out to everyone else. This is an invaluable help for us, as it allows us to...

• What are the Spotify Alpha and Beta programs? By signing up as an Alpha or Beta tester of the Spotify app, you will get early versions of our new releases before we roll them out to everyone else. ...
  • yajtyler
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 20 likes

Spotify is stuck after Google clock integration

PlanFree/PremiumCountry IsraelDeviceXiaomi mi6Operating SystemAndroid 8/MIUI 10 My Question or Issue After playing Spotify using the Google alarm clock integration, when accessing directly to the application it's just showing spinners and fails to lo...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  Israel Device Xiaomi mi6 Operating System Android 8/MIUI 10   My Question or Issue  After playing Spotify using the Google alarm clock integration,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Clock
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I listen to a playlist more than once on my Android Device?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USADeviceSamsung Galaxy JSProOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI can't listen to my playlists more than once on my phone. When it gets to the last song, it immediately starts playing your recommendations. I can't EVE...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  USA Device Samsung Galaxy JSPro Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I can't listen to my playlists more than once on my phone. When it gets ...
  • unclesilas
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! In-line controls not functioning

PlanPremiumDevicePixel 2 XL 128GOperating SystemAndroid Pie 9.0PQ1A.181105.017.A1 My Question or Issue The in-line controls do not work properly, as reported a long time ago by many users in various forums I've found. It's still not fixed, how? why? ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Device Pixel 2 XL 128G Operating System Android Pie 9.0 PQ1A.181105.017.A1   My Question or Issue  The in-line controls do not work properly, as reported a long time a...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Check icon in Android Auto

I am using the Android Auto app on my smartphone to connect to Spotify inorder to play downloaded songs for my drive. It works great mostly, but the one icon I cannot figure out is the checkmark, then the plus sign that shows after I select that. Can...

• I am using the Android Auto app on my smartphone to connect to Spotify inorder to play downloaded songs for my drive.  It works great mostly, but the one icon I cannot figure out is the checkmar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify wont work while on wifi!

PlanPremiumCountry HungaryDeviceHuawei P SmartOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0EMUI version 8.0.0 My Question or Issue I can't use my spotify via WiFi, the message saying my device is offline will pop up after a few seconds, after opening the app. I can ...

•   Plan Premium Country  Hungary Device Huawei P Smart Operating System Android 8.0.0 EMUI version 8.0.0   My Question or Issue  I can't use my spotify via WiFi, the me...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Whitelist Spotify so it doesn't close automatically when you pause the music

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueHi, is there a way to whitelist Spotify so it doesn't close automatically a moment after i pause the music. I actually searched and found that you have to a...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Hi, is there a way to whitelist Spotify so it doesn't close automatically a moment...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Full artwork doesnt work

I was listening to some music together with a classmate. When I noticed that my full screen art doesnt work. There was also an animated video on his screen but not mine. I tried it with my father's account (not premium) on his phone and it works. But...

• I was listening to some music together with a classmate. When I noticed that my full screen art doesnt work. There was also an animated video on his screen but not mine. I tried it with my father's a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download bar doesn't show up

PlanPremiumCountry PolandDeviceHuawei Mate 10 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or IssueWhen I click on downloading some playlists or albums it shows progress bar only on Spotify app. I can't see any information on status bar on top of the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Poland Device Huawei Mate 10 Lite Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue When I click on downloading some playlists or albums it shows progress ...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Pull down search within playlist...

WHY did you remove this feature?... Now its in the 3 dot menu, meaning it takes much longer time. I used this feture daily...

• Regular
  • WHY did you remove this feature?... Now its in the 3 dot menu, meaning it takes much longer time.    I used this feture daily...
  • Zarrex
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 17 likes

Sort By and Search Bar Disappeared - Pixel 3

I recently got a Pixel 3 and it seems one feature has utterly disappeared. The search bar and Sort By feature are completely gone. I am a premium user.

• Casual Listener
  •   I recently got a Pixel 3 and it seems one feature has utterly disappeared. The search bar and Sort By feature are completely gone. I am a premium user.  
  • kitkat_
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Canciones descargadas desaparecen al iniciar sesión con Datos Móviles

PlanPremiumCountry ArgentinaDeviceMoto E4 PlusOperating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or Issue Cuando inicio sesión con Wi Fi (es decir, cuando abro la app) aparecen todas las canciones descargadas pero, cuando lo hago con mis datos móviles algunas...

• Plan Premium Country  Argentina Device Moto E4 Plus Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue  Cuando inicio sesión con Wi Fi (es decir, cuando abro la app) apare...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes