Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

A Pesky Folder

I don't have access to a desktop or laptop atm and am using an Android based mobile. I have a folder (the one labeled 2018) I'd like to delete for now. I may or may not have a replacement laptop in a week or so, which means I can do whatever I need. ...

• Music Fan
  •    I don't have access to a desktop or laptop atm and am using an Android based mobile. I have a folder (the one labeled 2018) I'd like to delete for now. I may or may not have a replacemen...
  • scottsharlyn
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify opens too slow on Samsung Note 4

I am using spotify on my android but for 2 weeks the app opening too slow(in 1-2 minute) and i am seeing grey screen.After that i am using app normal.But when i close the app from task manager its opening keeps 2 min again. Here is the problem of the...

• I am using spotify on my android but for 2 weeks the app opening too slow(in 1-2 minute) and i am seeing grey screen.After that i am using app normal.But when i close the app from task manager its op...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The notation "like" for songs in the daily mix is removed...

My Question or Issue The notation "like" for songs in the daily mix is removed, you have to re-affix, but again, everything disappears again, how to fix it?

•     My Question or Issue  The notation "like" for songs in the daily mix is removed, you have to re-affix, but again, everything disappears again, how to fix it?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Open Spotify Playlist in Browser, Not App

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceNexus 5xOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Whenever I try and load a playlist via chrome or firefox the link autodirects to the Spotify app instead of loading in the browser like I want. On chrome it comes up with...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device Nexus 5x Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Whenever I try and load a playlist via chrome or firefox the link autodirects to the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify disappearing from the notification screen (ANDROID)

Hey when i use spotify on my samsung S9 the app stays on the notification screen but as soon as i pause the music, lock my phone and wait 10min the app disappears from the notification screen and i have to restart it. I would appreciate if you guys h...

• Gig Goer
  • Hey when i use spotify on my samsung S9 the app stays on the notification screen but as soon as i pause the music, lock my phone and wait 10min the app disappears from the notification screen and i h...
  • MNC1
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Punkband Depacito on force play?

PlanPremiumCountry FinlandDeviceSony Xperia XZsOperating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or Issue I have a problem with my phone and spotify. It force plays me Depacito, some anarchist punk from Southern America? I hate it, but biggest problem is that I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Finland Device Sony Xperia XZs Operating System Android 8   My Question or Issue  I have a problem with my phone and spotify. It force plays me Depacito...
  • fokemon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle all songs in large playlists

PlanPremiumCountry USADevicePixel 2, Amazon Show, and Windows 10 PCOperating SystemLatest Android, both spotify and OS up to date My Question or Issue I've seen this issue several times on these forums even back in 2016 and there seems to be now way ...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Pixel 2, Amazon Show, and Windows 10 PC Operating System Latest Android, both spotify and OS up to date   My Question or Issue  I've seen thi...
  • wordsmythe
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • bug
    shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Spotify connect problem

PlanPremiumcCountryBelgium DeviceSamsung Galaxy 5Windows DesktopOperating SystemAndroid 6.0.1 & Windows 10Question or IssueI use Spotify Connect between the two devices.When i play an album it works fine...I use the app on the Windows PC to choose an...

• Plan Premiumc Country Belgium  Device Samsung Galaxy 5 Windows Desktop Operating System Android 6.0.1 & Windows 10 Question or Issue I use Spotify Connect between the two devices...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse and charts do not appear in my tablet

PlanFreeCountry MaltaDevice(Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2016)Operating System(Android 7.0) My Question or Issue Since a week ago the Browse option don't apear neither the Charts to explore. My Spotify in the desktop and iOS version are working perfectly les...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Malta Device (Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2016) Operating System (Android 7.0)   My Question or Issue  Since a week ago the Browse option don't apear neither the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Allview soul audio car bad

PlanFreeCountry RomaniaDeviceAllview soul x2Operating SystemAndroid 4.4.2 My Question or IssueI have audio jack in my car and after plug-in the audio cable the sound of the music is really bad quality , the bass does't work either , i tryied with dif...

• Plan Free Country  Romania Device Allview soul x2 Operating System Android 4.4.2   My Question or Issue I have audio jack in my car and after plug-in the audio cable the sound of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

(Android Marshmallow) Support for Ultra Power Saving Mode

First of all, the purpose of this is to revive an old discussion, mainly targeting Android Marshmallow users, even perhaps any supporters. I would like to say that Spotify, you have no clue by making this idea come true, would benefit lots non-modern...

•   First of all, the purpose of this is to revive an old discussion, mainly targeting Android Marshmallow users, even perhaps any supporters.    I would like to say that Spotify, you...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Android
    marshmallow
    ultra-power-saving-mode
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

BABI JOKA FLEXIN' yesterday this song be available in USA, today he's not! Why?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA My Question or Issue BABI JOKA FLEXIN' yesterday this song be available in USA, today he's not! Why?https://open.spotify.com/album/6TlAmUO5lKFcofzz70wSwx

image.png
  • Plan Premium Country USA   My Question or Issue   BABI JOKA FLEXIN' yesterday this song be available in USA, today he's not! Why? https://open.spotify.com/album/6TlAmUO5lKFcofzz70wS...
  • AS7
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Release Radar Disappeared

Hi, My Release Radar has completely disappeared from both my desktop and phone app. It's not showing my playlists or next to Discover Weekly. Any ideas?

• Hi,   My Release Radar has completely disappeared from both my desktop and phone app. It's not showing my playlists or next to Discover Weekly. Any ideas?  
  • Anthonyverlingo
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes

App running in background constantly

Spotify Premium Samsung Galaxy 9, Alienware r3Operating System( Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSpotify is designed to run in the background whenever it wants. This is ridiculous. I like the app when I am using it but i will not co...

• Spotify Premium  Samsung Galaxy 9,  Alienware r3 Operating System ( Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Spotify is designed to run in the background whenev...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Boycott spotify. Cancel subscription
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Notification bar does not update while phone is locked

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDevicePixel 3 XLOperating SystemAndroid 9 November security patch My Question or Issue The notification badge does not update to the current song on the lock screen if the phone was perviously locked during the change ...

•   Plan Premium Country  United States Device Pixel 3 XL Operating System Android 9 November security patch   My Question or Issue  The notification badge does not updat...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android 9.0
    Notifications
    pixel 3XL
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify always running

PlanPremiumCountry AustriaDeviceOneplus 5t Operating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or Issue Since about 2 days there I often see a message from Spotify "Verbindung zu Spotify wird hergestellt" for what reason is it connecting to what and how can I disa...

•   Plan Premium Country  Austria Device Oneplus 5t  Operating System Android 8   My Question or Issue  Since about 2 days there I often see a message from Spotify "...
  • ardacebi
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot save a song

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8 My Question or Issue Hi, cannot save songs into my library. Read about the 10k limit though I haven't recieved any notification that I reached it. Tried removing songs so that I can add new ones. I even couldn't...

• Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8     My Question or Issue  Hi, cannot save songs into my library. Read about the 10k limit though I haven't recieved any notification th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify hangs - is there a fix?

PlanPremiumCountry Canada Device(iPhone 7, galaxy s8+) My Question or IssueWhen I try to search or browse, Spotify hangs and times out The error says I am not connected to the Internet but I am. Usually this happens whenever I leave the app and retur...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada  Device (iPhone 7, galaxy s8+)   My Question or Issue When I try to search or browse, Spotify hangs and times out  The error says I am not con...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • hangs
    iPhone 7 Plus
    s8+
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Browse tab gone

Hi, just recently my browse tab has disappeared from the app on my phone. Any ideas as to why and how to fix this? i saw one comment saying to force update it? I have it updated on my App Store updates but is there more I can do?? thanks.

• Hi,   just recently my browse tab has disappeared  from the app on my phone. Any ideas as to why and how to fix this?   i saw one comment saying to force update it? I have it ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes