Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"go online to search millions of songs" but online

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDevice(Samsung galaxy s7)Operating System(Android ) My Question or Issue Hey. I have a problem with spotify premium on my galaxy s7. It says "go online to search millions of songs" when trying to search even though i got int...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device (Samsung galaxy s7) Operating System (Android )   My Question or Issue  Hey. I have a problem with spotify premium on my galaxy s7. It sa...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When I try to search songs/artists on my samsung galaxy s7 it says that there is no interstate connection even though I can browse in internet in my web browser and listen songs on home screen of add spotify app.

• When I try to search songs/artists on my samsung galaxy s7 it says that there is no interstate connection even though I can browse in internet in my web browser and listen songs on home screen of add...
  • iondjp
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android search offline
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App shows full Username in Playscreen

Why does the app do that and does it give a fix? It is my own playlist.

•   Why does the app do that and does it give a fix? It is my own playlist.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

problème de connexion spotify android

Bonjour, j'écoute souvent spotify en mode 'hors connexion', et il arrive que l'appli se déconnecte de mon compte. Malheuresement, une fois déconnecté, il m'est impossible de me reconnecter à l'appli. A chaque fois que j'essaie, ça me met : 'Vous êtes...

• Bonjour,   j'écoute souvent spotify en mode 'hors connexion', et il arrive que l'appli se déconnecte de mon compte.   Malheuresement, une fois déconnecté, il m'est impossible de me reco...
  • 0 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 22 likes

App buggy on Android Oreo

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSamsungGalaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue For about the payp three weeks the app has been a mess. The widget no longer displays the proper song and sometimes if entirely unresponsive. In addition to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device SamsungGalaxy S8 Operating System Android Oreo     My Question or Issue   For about the payp three weeks the app has been a mess....
  • Cmer143
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Search

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Android 8.0 My Question or Issue Why do I keep getting multiple search results for one song?!?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Android 8.0   My Question or Issue  Why do I keep getting multiple search results for one song?!?
  • SchoolboyJ
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix Disappeared

Hello, It seems all of my Daily Mix playlists have disappeared across all of my devices. I've read in other posts to try reinstalling the app, restarting the device, and waiting a couple of days. I have tried this across each of my devices and still ...

• Hello,   It seems all of my Daily Mix playlists have disappeared across all of my devices. I've read in other posts to try reinstalling the app, restarting the device, and waiting a couple of ...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Pick and Play on Spotify Free ?!

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceMoto E 4Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or IssueI recently stopped paying for Spotify Premium and went free. I reinstalled the app on my phone a few days ago and have been using it heavily, but I am not see...

• Plan Free Country United States Device Moto E 4 Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue I recently stopped paying for Spotify Premium and went free. I reinstalled the app...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet connection

My girlfriend and I have both been having issues with internet connection. We are both on desperate phone plans. I have AT&T and she has Sprint. Samsung Galaxy S6 and S7. The app will work perfectly fine and then as soon as we turn it off and close t...

• My girlfriend and I have both been having issues with internet connection. We are both on desperate phone plans. I have AT&T and she has Sprint. Samsung Galaxy S6 and S7. The app will work perfec...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync local files from computer to my Pixel 2 XL. I've tried pretty much everything.

I've been trying to sync up my local files from my PC to my Pixel 2 XL so that I can listen to that music on my phone. Problem is, the files just won't sync, at all. I have tried everything. I've put the music into a playlist, set it to "downloaded" ...

•   I've been trying to sync up my local files from my PC to my Pixel 2 XL so that I can listen to that music on my phone. Problem is, the files just won't sync, at all. I have tried everything. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify changes the storage from SD to internal

My Spotify changed the storage from the SD card to the Internal storage. I dont have the option to change it back. Now all my song get downloaded on the Internal storage where i dont have the space for it. I tried re-installing multiple times without...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify changed the storage from the SD card to the Internal storage. I dont have the option to change it back. Now all my song get downloaded on the Internal storage where i dont have the space f...
  • Peterw97
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Regarding question in [ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571mo0X2:ref]

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilMy Question or IssueThis is an answer to the thread with reference code ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571mo0X2:ref Reply to the original question was denied here in the site because the thread was old Hi, Aleksandra. Thank you very much...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Brazil My Question or Issue This is an answer to the thread with reference code ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571mo0X2:ref   Reply to the original question was den...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files not synching

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSamsung Galaxy 6 Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I cant downlaod my local files from my computer to my phone no matter what I do. My job requires me to bring my songs/own custom mp3s I write to work and I d...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Samsung Galaxy 6  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I cant downlaod my local files from my computer to my phone no mat...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Where has my "All Songs" gone?

None PlanFreeCountryUK Samsung Galaxy S8 My Question or Issue "All Songs" has dissapeared from my library. I only have playlists, artists, albums and podcasts as options now.I usually like to use All songs and leave on shuffle in the car but now im f...

• Casual Listener
  • None  Plan Free Country UK   Samsung Galaxy S8    My Question or Issue     "All Songs" has dissapeared from my library. I only have playlists, artists, albums...
  • mathieus01
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify says I'm offline when signing in from a computer

Hello, I have Spotify Premium, I'm living in Mexico, and I've been having trouble with my spotify!! The thing is I can log in from my phone - but when I try to use spotify from my computer (Dell - Windows 10), it shows that it's offline. (I'm already...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have Spotify Premium, I'm living in Mexico, and I've been having trouble with my spotify!! The thing is I can log in from my phone - but when I try to use spotify from my computer (Dell - Wi...
  • Saraif
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Compartilhamento músicas no stories do Instagram

Nao consigo fompartcompa músicas nos stories do Instagram fica em um loop e não compartilha. As vezes aparece uma mensagem para tentar compartilhar mais tarde.

• Nao consigo fompartcompa músicas nos stories do Instagram fica em um loop e não compartilha. As vezes aparece uma mensagem para tentar compartilhar mais tarde.
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Notification Bar constantly disappears, severe lag at times

Using Spotify Premium on Android 7.0 on a Galaxy S7 device. Just gonna add to the pile of posts of people with the exact same problem since a recent update of the app I reinstalled Spotify TWICE and downloaded my 10gig library TWICE to try and mitiga...

• Using Spotify Premium on Android 7.0 on a Galaxy S7 device.   Just gonna add to the pile of posts of people with the exact same problem since a recent update of the app   I reinstalled ...
  • JohnMcL7
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution ERROR Go online to search for millions of songs

Samsung galaxy s8 plus. Norway. Spotify premium. Spotify keeps saying i should go online to search for a song. Works perfectly on pc but keeps stating i dont have a connection on my phone when i clearly doo. This needs to be fixed asap... i dont pay ...

• Regular
  • Samsung galaxy s8 plus. Norway. Spotify premium.   Spotify keeps saying i should go online to search for a song. Works perfectly on pc but keeps stating i dont have a connection on my phone when...
  • formula409
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • offline mode
    Unable to connect
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify on sonos

PlanPremiumCountry UkDevicePixel 2 My Question or Issue My Spotify through Sonos has been working fine for years however now when I select my Sonos speaker within the Spotify app it shows it playing but nothing comes out the speaker. I've recently ch...

• Plan Premium Country  Uk Device Pixel 2   My Question or Issue  My Spotify through Sonos has been working fine for years however now when I select my Sonos speaker within the S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Severe Playback Issues

PlanPremium StudentCountryUSADeviceGalaxy Note 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHey strangers, I have lately been having pretty horrible issues with my Spotify app. This has been ongoing for about 3 months now. I have decided to swit...

• Music Fan
  • ...hen I unplug my phone from a headphone jack, it just continues to play music, at max volume, out of my phone's speaker. Embarrasing in public.   • The music stops randomly, by itself. Not too o...
  • forcedrevival
  • Gig Goer
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes
  • bug
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes