Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify constantly freezing

the application freezes every moment And then when it changes the songs it remains with the cover of the previous song, when I give it pause sometimes I do not take it I gave a Factory reset to my phone and as it continues it gives the problem alread...

• the application freezes every moment And then when it changes the songs it remains with the cover of the previous song, when I give it pause sometimes I do not take it I gave a Factory reset to my ph...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Opção de armazenamento no SD Card sumiu

Plan Premium Samsung S7 Android The storage in SD card option disappeared, all my music where deleted and I can reestabilsh the storage in SD card.There's no support to the customer.Is there any solution to this problem?If not, i'm considering leave ...

• Plan Premium Samsung S7 Android   The storage in SD card option disappeared, all my music where deleted and I can reestabilsh the storage in SD card. There's no support to the custo...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify skips back on podcast episodes

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Hi, my Spotify has been skipping backwards on podcast episodes on its own. It generally happens when I am not doing anything and my screen is turned off. I...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device Samsung Galaxy S8  Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Hi, my Spotify has been skipping backwards on podcast episo...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

New interface changed to old

I was using the new interface but then after a made a payment the interface change to the old one, and I was used to the new so i what to go back to the new interface

• I was using the new interface but then after a made a payment the interface change to the old one, and I was used to the new so i what to go back to the new interface
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 8
    Interface
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not correctly detect online/offline state across the whole app

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7plusOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI'd like to report a BUG. This is a bug and nothing to do with my use of the app so would like to know when this will be fixed as I'm a premium subscriber and a...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy S7plus Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I'd like to report a BUG. This is a bug and nothing to do with my use of the ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple Problems!

PlanPremiumCountryUsaDeviceGalaxy 8Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue So many issues!1) keeps turning off after 10 minutes of playing music (going on for weeks)2) switches to playing on phone speakers after u...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Usa Device Galaxy 8 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  So many issues! 1) keeps turning off after 10 minut...
  • keepbouncing
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Podcasts stuck at 0% on Premium

I'm listening to Spotify Premium on my Galaxy S7. Podcasts will not download to listen offline. It stopped working earlier this week. I restarted my phone, reinstalled the app, checked app permissions, and music still downloads. Podcast downloads sta...

• I'm listening to Spotify Premium on my Galaxy S7. Podcasts will not download to listen offline. It stopped working earlier this week. I restarted my phone, reinstalled the app, checked app permission...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Video volume not normalised and too loud

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceOnePlus 5Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueVideos are appearing more frequently in the most popular playlists, they do not have normalised volume (are not affected by the 'set same volume levels' settin...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device OnePlus 5 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Videos are appearing more frequently in the most popular playlists, they do not hav...
  • curtisjk
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Next song randomly not playing - LG G6

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid 8.0Spotify Version - 8.4.70.666 My Question or IssueThe app will randomly not play the next song unless i hit the next song button. always happens when connected to a bluetooth device. Im us...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada Device LG G6 Operating System Android 8.0 Spotify Version - 8.4.70.666   My Question or Issue The app will randomly not play the next song unless i h...
  • megajeff11
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search offline

PlanPremiumCountry Canada DeviceOnePlus 6Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 8.1 My Question or Issue Searching in the app says I'm offline and need to go online. I am connected to wifi and can play non downloaded songs.

• Plan Premium Country  Canada   Device OnePlus 6 Operating System Android Oreo 8.1   My Question or Issue  Searching in the app says I'm offline and need to go online. I...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect not working on Android P(ie)

After upgrading to latest android version (9.0, aka pie) spotify connect no longer works. It doesn't find devices on my lan supporting either Chromecast or Spotify connect. On previous os version both connect versions worked perfecty.PlanPremiumCount...

• Casual Listener
  • After upgrading to latest android version (9.0, aka pie) spotify connect no longer works. It doesn't find devices on my lan supporting either Chromecast or Spotify connect. On previous os version bot...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Samsung s9+ 256gb

PlanPremiumCountry NorwayDevice S9+ samsungOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Hello, so i've recently bought a s9+, and downloaded spotify. Downloaded and logged in, listened to a song and it worked fine for some days. Could connect it to m...

• Plan Premium Country  Norway Device  S9+ samsung Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Hello, so i've recently bought a s9+, and downloaded spotify. Downloade...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Solved] No notifications / media keys in notifications or lock screen

ProblemsIt all seemed to start with the music not stopping when my headphone jack would unplug from my car a few days ago. Then tonight I noticed the lack of media controls and no audio ducking when using the microphone.Problems IncludedNo media cont...

• Casual Listener
  •   Problems It all seemed to start with the music not stopping when my headphone jack would unplug from my car a few days ago. Then tonight I noticed the lack of media controls and no audio duc...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Android app connectivity issues.

Spotify Android App / Samsung S8 / USA. I, and nearly everyone I know who has spotify on android seems to have this issue. If you go into an area with bad cell reception, spotify seems to have trouble recognizing when you have connection again. Clean...

• Spotify Android App / Samsung S8 / USA.    I, and nearly everyone I know who has spotify on android seems to have this issue. If you go into an area with bad cell reception, spo...
  • YahTehgz
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Andriod and internal memory

What is the current position, as at September 2018, of Andriod mis reporting the amount of internal storage it uses? I have, several times, used the work around of uninstalling Spotify but it soon comes back and reports it uses all my spare internal ...

• Regular
  •   What is the current position, as at September 2018, of Andriod mis reporting the amount of internal storage it uses?   I have, several times, used the work around of uninstalling Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs skipped for no reason, no skips left

I was listening to a song and i watched my screen as spotify started just skipping through songs until it ran out of skips. Now I can't skip until i get more.

• I was listening to a song and i watched my screen as spotify started just skipping through songs until it ran out of skips. Now I can't skip until i get more.  
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Switch to External Storage

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMoto Play DroidOperating SystemLatest Android My Question or IssueI cannot seem to switch my internal stoage from internal to external. It was external a couple of days ago, but the something happened and all of my downloa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Moto Play Droid Operating System Latest Android   My Question or Issue I cannot seem to switch my internal stoage from internal to external. It wa...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Landscape mode not working

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSamsung Note 9Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0Spotify Version8.4.70.666 armV7 My Question or IssueAfter starting to use Spotify on my Note 9, I noticed that landscape mode no longer works. If I turn the screen, the app remain...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Samsung Note 9 Operating System Android 8.1.0 Spotify Version 8.4.70.666 armV7   My Question or Issue After starting to use Spotify on my N...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Different Spotify style

Recently i deleted my Spotify app, and when i installed It again i noticed that the entire style off the app was changed. For example, the play button, before was White, now is Gray/Black, even the gestures are more "old style" before i could use alw...

• Recently i deleted my Spotify app, and when i installed It again i noticed that the entire style off the app was changed. For example, the play button, before was White, now is Gray/Black, even the g...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Player não funciona em segundo plano.

PlanPremiumCountry BrasilDeviceLG K10 2017Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue O player não fica mais em segundo plano e às vezes para de tocar sozinho. Tem situações também que eu vou atender ligação e o player continua tocando a música.

• Plan Premium Country  Brasil Device LG K10 2017 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  O player não fica mais em segundo plano e às vezes para de tocar sozinho....
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes