Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

NOT WORKING. HELLPPPPP

Hiya! So I'm on Android and my problem is that I cannot log in. Unfortunately, I was logged into Spotify listening to music when all of a sudden it stopped playing the music and LOGGED ME OUT. I only had it offline mode because I was using her acc to...

• Hiya! So I'm on Android and my problem is that I cannot log in.    Unfortunately, I was logged into Spotify listening to music when all of a sudden it stopped playing the music and LOGGED...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist on sd-card

Hello, how can I download a playlist on my sd-card

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, how can I download a playlist on my sd-card
  • petrad
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Controlling via Steering wheel not working.

Hi, Initially it works well, not sure since when (maybe a month ago) I got this problem. I cannot change songs via steering wheel on my 2015 BMW 320i, other things still work well such as playing back, seeing track info or chagne tracks with the idri...

• Hi,   Initially it works well, not sure since when (maybe a month ago) I got this problem. I cannot change songs via steering wheel on my 2015 BMW 320i, other things still work well such as pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Music quality and equalizer

I have an older Samsung Tab2 7.0 tablet running and have Spotify Premium. I tried to adjust the music quality and access the equalizer but both are unavailble. How can I get those features to show up on my Settings?

• Casual Listener
  • I have an older Samsung Tab2 7.0 tablet running  and have Spotify Premium.  I tried to adjust the music quality and access the equalizer but both are unavailble.  How can I get those f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The little box of the skip and pause

The little box of the pause and skip thing won't show up in my notifications area of the phone when I'm playing music a d exit it while playing the music but the box thing won't show.

• The little box of the pause and skip thing won't show up in my notifications area of the phone when I'm playing music a d exit it while playing the music but the box thing won't show.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing phone if my laptop has spotify open???

My phone kept on crashing but only while i was at home, i came to the conclusion that it is only when my laptop also has spotify open? Any fix? I have reinstalled on both devices and cleared the cache on my phone

• My phone kept on crashing but only while i was at home, i came to the conclusion that it is only when my laptop also has spotify open? Any fix? I have reinstalled on both devices and cleared the cach...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S8+ -- Spotify Freezes

After I installed the most recent update to Spotify on my Galaxy S8+, Spotify will let me login to my account and the app starts, but then immediately crashes and will not load.I've tried all the other recommended fixes I've found here in the forum a...

• After I installed the most recent update to Spotify on my Galaxy S8+, Spotify will let me login to my account and the app starts, but then immediately crashes and will not load. I've tried all the o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant plays same playlist when I say "play some music"

When I ask the google assistant to "play some music", it plays an annoying playlist everytime. I cannot make it continue what it was playing. It swithec to the same playlist everytime. I cannot delete the playlist because it is not mine, I am not fol...

• When I ask the google assistant to "play some music", it plays an annoying playlist everytime. I cannot make it continue what it was playing. It swithec to the same playlist everytime. I cannot delet...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has 345GB of memory in use

Hello, ( Sorry for my bad english in advance )My spotify always use 345 GB when I look on my Phones memory. I use a Samsung J5 2017 with a 32GB memory Card. I don't know if it's just a visual bug or something like that because I only have ~40GB of me...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, ( Sorry for my bad english in advance 🙂 ) My spotify always use 345 GB when I look on my Phones memory. I use a Samsung J5 2017 with a 32GB memory Card. I don't know if it's just a visual bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Denon x1200w will stop playing and crash when I unlock my phone or wives

Myself and my wife use Oneplus X and have Spotify installed on our computers and phones. Now we've taken advantage of the Family package. This has caused an error that wasn't there before.Every time spotify is playing on the Denon network receiver an...

• Myself and my wife use Oneplus X and have Spotify installed on our computers and phones. Now we've taken advantage of the Family package. This has caused an error that wasn't there before. Every tim...
  • Piszczyk
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can`t operate spotify over my bluetooth headset

Hello, last week I saved my spotify offline songs on my sd card because my phone storage was to small. Since I did this I can`t operate spotify over my bluetooth headset and over my Zenec Radio in my car. On top of that I can`t see the tracks and the...

• Regular
  • Hello,   last week I saved my spotify offline songs on my sd card because my phone storage was to small.   Since I did this I can`t operate spotify over my bluetooth headset and over my...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify starts playing automatically

Whenever I watch an Instagram video or hang up on a phone conversation, Spotify starts playing automatically. I've disabled auto-play but it keeps happening. It's not running in the background when this happens. This is on an Motorola G5 plus. Thank ...

• Whenever I watch an Instagram video or hang up on a phone conversation, Spotify starts playing automatically. I've disabled auto-play but it keeps happening. It's not running in the background when t...
  • ianjoethompson
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

Offline mode

Hello, i was was wondering if there is a way to keep your Spotify available when you’re offline more than 30 days because in the military and deployed you’re usually not able to have a internet connection to verify subscriptions and you music will be...

• Hello,   i was was wondering if there is a way to keep your Spotify available when you’re offline more than 30 days because in the military and deployed you’re usually not able to have a inter...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on 0 out of 1 downloaded - Google Pixel XL

Over the last couple of days the Spotify app on my phone has started to show a "Downloading" notification saying "0 out of 1 (0% complete)". All my songs have the green downloaded tick next to them, and when switching to offline mode the latest downl...

• Over the last couple of days the Spotify app on my phone has started to show a "Downloading" notification saying "0 out of 1 (0% complete)".    All my songs have the green downloaded...
  • benmhogan
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Starts skipping songs, starts up in background

App worked fine on my old phone (Samsung Note 5) and I recently upgraded to the Note 8 and started having issues with songs skipping. Sometimes it will work fine, and other times the songs will play a few seconds a day start skipping to the next trac...

• App worked fine on my old phone (Samsung Note 5) and I recently upgraded to the Note 8 and started having issues with songs skipping. Sometimes it will work fine, and other times the songs will play ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't download music on my SD card - Huawei P9

Hi, I'm premium user and would like to download offline music to my SD card. i found this instructions:https://support.spotify.com/cr/using_spotify/search_play/save-to-sd-card/ However, when i follow the instructions, I do not even find the option to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I'm premium user and would like to download offline music to my SD card.  i found this instructions: https://support.spotify.com/cr/using_spotify/search_play/save-to-sd-card/ &nbsp...
  • pelufano
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Lowers volume when I get notifications

I'm pretty sure that this is not a spotify problem but an android problem, but it's very annoying. Whenever I get a notification, the volume goes down for a bit and then goes back up. I just updated to Android 8.0.0 and after that it started happenin...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm pretty sure that this is not a spotify problem but an android problem, but it's very annoying. Whenever I get a notification, the volume goes down for a bit and then goes back up. I just updated ...
  • NegZero
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

Freeze and crash as soon as I open the app

I can't use the app, it doesn't respond and crashes after a little while. Using a Samsung galaxy s7 with Android v 7.0. I already tried a clean install.Any ideas?

• I can't use the app, it doesn't respond and crashes after a little while. Using a Samsung galaxy s7 with Android v 7.0. I already tried a clean install. Any ideas? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

eteterterter

hththtrhtrhtrhhghtfhghth

• Regular
  • hththtrhtrhtrhhghtfhghth
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App crash logging in as user #1, but works when logged in as user #2

Hey, I have a wierd problem that started when I played around with Google Assistant today. All of a sudden Spotify will not start; or it starts but is immediately shut down when logged in as my user (#1) I tried all the reccomended recovery reccomend...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   I have a wierd problem that started when I played around with Google Assistant today. All of a sudden Spotify will not start; or it starts but is immediately shut down when logged in as...
  • faan_skit
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes