Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Why did my Spotify download a playlist without permission? What does this mean for my 3,333 limit?

I charged my Note 8 and went back to it to answer a text and saw that my entire playlist was downloaded onto my phone without my permission. I checked everywhere to see how it happened, but it all says that I must have swiped the download button. Thi...

• I charged my Note 8 and went back to it to answer a text and saw that my entire playlist was downloaded onto my phone without my permission. I checked everywhere to see how it happened, but it all sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloaded without permission
    how many do I have left to download
    random download of playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ayuda con el volumen!

Cada que se reproduce una canción, a los dos segundos se baja el volumen. Tengo spotify premium, por que pasa esto?

• Cada que se reproduce una canción, a los dos segundos se baja el volumen. Tengo spotify premium, por que pasa esto?
  • juan84
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Harder to find songs on premium

I recently upgraded to premium, but noticed everything is more in a "you know how exactly all the music you like" layout. With free I was able to go through songs, like or dislike them as they started in the middle, and the screen for adding songs to...

• I recently upgraded to premium, but noticed everything is more in a "you know how exactly all the music you like" layout. With free I was able to go through songs, like or dislike them as they starte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing music over bluetooth won't work...

That's right... i just tried connecting my Huawei Honor 8 (to be specific) to my cars radio thingy through bluetooth and i couldn't play/hear any songs. Do i need to download all the songs so that they work in offline mode? That's what i'm guessing a...

• Regular
  • That's right... i just tried connecting my Huawei Honor 8 (to be specific) to my cars radio thingy through bluetooth and i couldn't play/hear any songs. Do i need to download all the songs so that th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Consumed way too much data

Hi,I was listening to spotify on mobile quite a lot, and in extreme quality, but suddently, last few days it consumed around 24GB of data. My mobile says its mostly in background.(mention that it did not happen the previos month with the same setting...

• Hi, I was listening to spotify on mobile quite a lot, and in extreme quality, but suddently, last few days it consumed around 24GB of data. My mobile says its mostly in background.(mention that it...
  • Pepito_Pinon
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Album Artwork issues

On my Wileyfox Swift (Nougat 7.1.2) the album artwork that gets shown on the lock screen always has a bit of it cut off as though the artwork is unable to fit the dimensions of the screen.

Screenshot_20171215-162124.png
  • Casual Listener
  • On my Wileyfox Swift (Nougat 7.1.2) the album artwork that gets shown on the lock screen always has a bit of it cut off as though the artwork is unable to fit the dimensions of the screen.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wifi enabled automatically

Hi! Since the last update, 8.4.31.723, Spotify enables automatically the WiFi and keeps it enabled (it can be viewed in the battery stats) while the app is in background. Any fix to solve this?

• Hi!   Since the last update, 8.4.31.723, Spotify enables automatically the WiFi and keeps it enabled (it can be viewed in the battery stats) while the app is in background.   Any fix to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Artwork Not Fully Showing

On my Wileyfox Swift (Android version Nougat 7.1.2) on the lock screen it shows the album artwork for the album that is currently playing but it never shows it fully as it always cuts of a bit of the image off for some reason.

Screenshot_20171215-162124.png
  • Casual Listener
  • On my Wileyfox Swift (Android version Nougat 7.1.2) on the lock screen it shows the album artwork for the album that is currently playing but it never shows it fully as it always cuts of a bit of the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems logging in to my account

Hi there,I have a premium account. Unfortunately, I cannot log in to my Spotify account via my mobile phone (Android Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini) for days. After entering my e-mail address and password, it says "You are offline" even though I am connected...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I have a premium account. Unfortunately, I cannot log in to my Spotify account via my mobile phone (Android Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini) for days. After entering my e-mail address and passwor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Continuously Removes Offline Playlists

This has been happening for the last 3 or 4 months (after years of Premium with no issues). Ive tried all of the troubleshooting steps described in earlier posts (Removing app completely and reinstalling, removing approved offline devices, re-seating...

• This has been happening for the last 3 or 4 months (after years of Premium with no issues).  Ive tried all of the troubleshooting steps described in earlier posts (Removing app completely and re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't listen some songs

Why I can't listen Twice songs? I like so much that group but I try to listen they in Spotify and it's only available the japanesse version, And the original version of the song aren't available Why??Help me

• Why I can't listen Twice songs? I like so much that group but I try to listen they in Spotify and it's only available the japanesse version, And the original version of the song aren't available Why?...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffles songs in album despite premium

Hi, my Android APP doesn't play songs of an ambums in the right order and shuffles the songs instead. What can I do? ThanksMike

• Hi,   my Android APP doesn't play songs of an ambums in the right order and shuffles the songs instead. What can I do?    Thanks Mike
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads Play and Stop but Doesn't Play Another Song

Whenever I shuffle play an album or anything it just plays an ad so I can get 30 minutes of ad free music but when it says thanks for watch it stops at the end and either closes the album and when I go to shuffle something else or the same this it sa...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I shuffle play an album or anything it just plays an ad so I can get 30 minutes of ad free music but when it says thanks for watch it stops at the end and either closes the album and when I ...
  • 20sushislater
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my playlist won't play

i am involved in a family premium, & i accidentaly deleted spotify. then when i download it again, my downloaded songs won't play even tho it says its already downloaded. please help, i need my musics !!

• i am involved in a family premium, & i accidentaly deleted spotify. then when i download it again, my downloaded songs won't play even tho it says its already downloaded. please help, i need my m...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

AutoPlay not working after Discover Weekly finishes

Hi! I am online & let my Discover Weekly play with no shuffle or repeat. I double checked my Settings and Autoplay is on. yet when I reach the end of my Discover Weekly, it stops. why is this? how can i get it to Autoplay based off the playlist & kee...

• Music Fan
  • Hi!  I am online & let my Discover Weekly play with no shuffle or repeat.   I double checked my Settings and Autoplay is on.   yet when I reach the end of my Discover Weekly, i...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Alpine Connect App and Spotify

Hi all, I recently bought an Alpine headunit for my car. The headunit was advertised with Spotify-Support via Android Auto and Apple Car Play. With Android Auto Spotify works well. Same with streaming over bluetooh. But it was as well advertised that...

• Hi all,   I recently bought an Alpine headunit for my car. The headunit was advertised with Spotify-Support via Android Auto and Apple Car Play. With Android Auto Spotify works well. Same with...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Blueooth audio heavily stuttering during playback

When listening to spotify through bluetooth in my car the audio stutters heavily.  Sometimes the the song name/artist will also flash on the screen.  The stuttering occurs when I am using the mobile network with good signal, wifi with good signal, an...

• Casual Listener
  • When listening to spotify through bluetooth in my car the audio stutters heavily.  Sometimes the the song name/artist will also flash on the screen.  The stuttering occurs when I am...
  • jgkolt
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    bluetooth
    Chevy Volt
    google
    Nexus 6p
    pixel
    skipping
    stuttering
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Music play too fast

Hi everyone, I am recently download the Spotify app for Android but when I start using the app I noticed that music plays too fast for all the songs. I reinstall the app several times and it doesn't work, also I restarted my cellphone and the issue c...

• Hi everyone,  I am recently download the Spotify app for Android but when I start using the app I noticed that music plays too fast for all the songs. I reinstall the app several times and it d...
  • JBRipThis
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes phone and restarts it

All of a sudden my phone (samsung galaxy s7) restarted itself, after a safe boot i noticed it was Spotify causing the issue. I removed the Spotify widget so now i can start the phone without it freezing instantly but everytime i open Spotify the phon...

• Casual Listener
  • All of a sudden my phone (samsung galaxy s7) restarted itself, after a safe boot i noticed it was Spotify causing the issue. I removed the Spotify widget so now i can start the phone without it freez...
  • pilkrimi
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant log in

Someone please help!!! I've never logged out of my account and a few hours after being away i can back to play music and I was logged out. It won't let me log in, sign up, use face book, nothing!!! I have uninstalled the app twice and nothing is work...

• Someone please help!!! I've never logged out of my account and a few hours after being away i can back to play music and I was logged out. It won't let me log in, sign up, use face book, nothing!!! I...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes