Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

daily playlists stuck on shuffle after closing and reopening the app

Solved!

daily playlists stuck on shuffle after closing and reopening the app

When selecting my daily or weekly playlists I am able to select any song on the list. However, when closing the app and reopening it, all of the playlists are now stuck on shuffle. I am not a premium member of Spotify. I've seen this issue many times here and no one seems to have the solution, which I find hard to believe. The playlists should not switch from on-demand play to shuffle simply because I closed and reopened the app. After maybe 10 minutes or so the shuffled playlists are then back to on-demand play. I feel this is on purpose since anytime an ad plays I immediately close and reopen the app to stop the ad. Then the playlists are all on shuffle.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @warhead13,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We recently received some reports about some errors when closing and opening the app again. However, the relevant team has already investigated this Ongoing Issue and is currently set as Fixed on mobile.

If you still have this issue, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @warhead13,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We recently received some reports about some errors when closing and opening the app again. However, the relevant team has already investigated this Ongoing Issue and is currently set as Fixed on mobile.

If you still have this issue, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it 🙂

Suggested posts