Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

how do i move to my sd card?!

Solved!

how do i move to my sd card?!

I'd like to move my music which I've downloaded onto my sd card but the only solution offered is too delete the cache and saved data. Wouldnt that mean though I'd lose my playlists? How do I move the music but avoid erasing the playlists I have?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @debrasobel! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Moving songs to your SD card does mean clearing the cache of songs downloaded and redownloading them which is a bummer but there's good news!

Saved playlists, songs, and albums are tied to your account rather than your phone so when you re-log in all of those sweet playlists will still be there! 

From there you just mark them as download again and you'll have them for offline use again.

For more info, go HERE.

Hope this was helpful!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

My Playlists
Accept my post as the solution if I was helpful!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @debrasobel! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Moving songs to your SD card does mean clearing the cache of songs downloaded and redownloading them which is a bummer but there's good news!

Saved playlists, songs, and albums are tied to your account rather than your phone so when you re-log in all of those sweet playlists will still be there! 

From there you just mark them as download again and you'll have them for offline use again.

For more info, go HERE.

Hope this was helpful!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

My Playlists
Accept my post as the solution if I was helpful!

Suggested posts